catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

CE or SE?

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 14, 14 1:16 AM
Which one did you pick and why? What would you recommend to others?

From what I can recall, I recommended the SE due to the complete lack of CE Extras. Here's the excerpt from my review:

"Absolutely the SE, no questions asked. The CE does not even feature collectibles, which are an absolute necessity to the extras of a CE game. The other features are just the standard stuff such as wallpapers, concept art, replay HOS, etc"

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:CE or SE?

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 14, 14 4:33 AM
Neither. The CE was boring and no reason the SE will be any different.

And 3 ERS games since Thursday?? Are all the other devs on holiday?

Very disappointing choice of games this past week

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Dec 14, 14 12:07 PM
Twinsoniclab. . .I really appreciate that you - or whomever else (when you're unable to do so) - put the 'CE or SE' subject in the forums when a CE game's SE is released. I don't know about others, but it's the absolute FIRST thing I go to upon the release of a CE game's SE release (such as this Haunted Legends). It's also what I go to, as a reference/suggestion point, for games released weeks back that I didn't purchase at the time, to determine if I should go with the CE or SE versions.

Just wanted to drop this little note to say 'thanks'!!

Have a good rest-of-weekend and happy gaming.

Robsim

[Post New]by shelterhill on Dec 14, 14 1:01 PM
Just finished the CE, the bonus chapter is quite long, but I still think the SE is the better deal

seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by seaside2 on Dec 27, 14 7:18 AM
catbag8717 : Thanks for starting this thread. Am now enjoying the SE. Don't miss collectables. Plenty to do. Enjoying the game play and puzzles which so far have some new twists. Thanks ERS, SE for me.

Go to: