gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Changing computers

[Post New]by gerl2 on Dec 15, 14 11:17 AM
Hi all

I will be getting a new computer and was wondering how to save my game on xp pc to my other computer?

I read this before but cannot find the thread.

Thanks all

Merry Christmas

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

Re:Changing computers

[Post New]by gripes on Dec 15, 14 1:57 PM
I just changed computers went from windows xp on a gateway to a Dell and windows 8.1.....and Yes lost the profiles i had been playing with for a Year ??? ... i had hoped that our Castle profiles were tied in with our Email addresses and BigFish Game ap.. oh well for me.. that it doesn't appear to be the case...

No i am not angry... i did say a fond good bye to those profiles 1 i had just gotten to level 40 while another sat at 3? waiting on me..

i wasn't about to try and transfer anything off my gateway that i loved with how Micro soft did windows xp,i wasn't bringing all of that BLOCKED from micro-soft coding into my new Dell...

anyway..woohoo just reached level 18 or is it 19..in any case i thought i'd never get through level 17..lol...

Edited on 12/15/2014 at 2:00:28 PM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 15, 14 2:04 PM
No, alas, they are not tied in with email addresses
The best thing to do is contact tech support but also tazruby (if you do an advanced search for him and try to find his directions for saving the game) then that's the thread you need. I can't find it now either as it got locked but it's good advice but also please contact tech support before losing your old computer. Good luck!

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 15, 14 2:26 PM
Important Info For PC Users, Backing-up Your Game...

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/295878.page

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 16, 14 12:26 PM
Hey gerl2

I completely understand wanting to transfer your game, and as FudgeChi recommended, contacting Tech Support will be really helpful. With the Friend Code from your original game, and the Friend Code from the game on your new computer, they can work with you to get things moved over.

gripes, if you know the Friend Code from your original game, please feel free to contact Tech Support as well. Sometimes moving things between two different operating systems, especially two as different as Windows XP and Windows 8.1, may not work, so it would be worth looking into this with Tech Support

FudgeChi and tazruby2000, thanks for always being so ready to help other players out!

bfgVaiya

Go to: