mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

LESSONS I LEARNED...

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 15, 14 12:36 PM
I have had many, many enjoyable hours playing this game (which I paid good money for). I thank the vision that BZ had in designing this game and BF for delivering it to us. In some ways the best though was the conversations between players in the forum and the friendships formed there.

[Removed by Moderator]

A nod to my Schnauzers (aksanti and mpendo) and to J's Gretchen.

Edited on 12/16/2014 at 11:35:25 AM PST

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

LESSONS I LEARNED...

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Dec 15, 14 1:01 PM
mpendo wrote:I have had many, many enjoyable hours playing this game (which I paid good money for). I thank the vision that BZ had in designing this game and BF for delivering it to us. In some ways the best though was the conversations between players in the forum and the friendships formed there.

[Removed by Moderator]

A nod to my Schnauzers (aksanti and mpendo) and to J's Gretchen.

The lesson I have just now learned is DO NOT DO QUOTES IN THE FORMS!

Edited on 12/16/2014 at 11:58:38 AM PST

Re:LESSONS I LEARNED...

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Dec 15, 14 1:08 PM
jbmf, i have also learned that lesson today! lets all be happy campers christmas is round the corner

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 15, 14 4:11 PM

Edited on 12/16/2014 at 11:38:06 AM PST

stibitz
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by stibitz on Dec 15, 14 5:35 PM
The lesson I've learned is, just because there are quotation marks available to use next to the emoticon drop down when you post doesn't mean you can use them.

Edited on 12/15/2014 at 6:47:10 PM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 15, 14 6:42 PM
After contacting the moderator for the reason behind the removal of the threads.. here's what I learned..

[Removed by Moderator]

So, now we have the parameters in which we can create out threads...

Edited on 12/16/2014 at 11:59:42 AM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 15, 14 7:12 PM
OK so I'm game, perhaps I can get with the spirit of this all.

Please fellow players would someone do an artistic rendition of a blue and white plate (been so long since I've seen one in my collection) (I miss the ART so much). And could some kind fishie have a good, unquoted thought for the day that vaguely relates to game.

BTW, in the midst of all this bru ha ha, I graduated to being a Parrotfish (a small milestone) but honest that wasn't why I posted this.

Better days ahead?

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 15, 14 7:39 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

EDIT: Btw, it is NOT against the law to quote someone, but always remember if you do quote someone, always tell who wrote it, or where you got it from. If not, it could be considered copyright infringement. It is not necessary to document something you wrote yourself, or old cliches, like something from the Bible. But if you get it from a book, movie, or website, you have to document who said it.

Edited on 12/16/2014 at 12:34:55 PM PST

ldehaan1
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by ldehaan1 on Dec 16, 14 6:29 AM
The lesson I learned is that I am auctioning off my stuff. I am getting down to a reasonable amount of inventory. I also replied to the moderator and Big Fish letting them know I had permission to use my quote from the dead minister. Well, It is going to take some time to auction off the inventory I have, but once it is down if the update has not happened it will be see ya. I love this game but I am not going to be pushed around and pay each month to be pushed around.

[Post New]by HatTrickKid on Dec 16, 14 7:14 AM

Edited on 12/16/2014 at 12:35:56 PM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 16, 14 7:28 AM
I'm not ready to make ...oops, I'll be back to finish this thought after I re read the rules for the upteenth time.

Edited on 12/16/2014 at 8:20:54 AM PST

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Dec 16, 14 8:26 AM
Everyone is entitled to have an oppinion and everyone has expressed their thoughts on whats been going on this week, i think everyones views are equally valid. The forum is a great place to get help with problems players are having and have a bit of fun and hopefully it will get back to that very soon, When we eventually get the new update im sure there will be pleanty of questions again and problems to solve! problem is its been a long time coming and boredom has set in, hopefully new year new start.

Edited on 12/16/2014 at 8:39:05 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 16, 14 1:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was swimming by and it looks like it's become necessary to lock this thread as well as clarify a few things.

I understand that you'd like to have a place to post your thoughts on the specific games that we offer, and this is definitely the idea behind the creation of the Forums.

As several of you know, this thread doesn't directly discuss Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'. In addition, it also breaks several Forum Rules, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

Post only original material. Posts that contain song lyrics, movie quotes, television quotes, book quotes, or other copyrighted material will be removed to comply with U.S. copyright law.

While it's generally not illegal to post quotes as long as credit is given, we specifically ask our Forums users to refrain from posting quotes to be on the safe side. The rules are in place so we can maintain order in the Forums, just as there are rules in most forums and other places were large numbers or people interact. We have these rules so that we can continue to have a place to discuss our games, so in turn we ask that our users are respectful of them.

bfgWaimea

Go to: