Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Wonderland 5 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 16, 14 1:19 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/16/2014 at 5:49:05 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Wonderland 5 here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 16, 14 5:49 AM
Morning Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Christmas Wonderland 5 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Christmas Wonderland 5.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

Edited on 12/16/2014 at 5:49:25 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 16, 14 4:54 PM
Wow, talk about eye strain! This game reminds me a lot of the Big City games (I have them all) and the ones with the park rangers (can't remember the name of those games). Very much the same with piles and piles of stuff to look through. Extremely small items and colors are blended into the background.

I did like the collectibles though. You had to find the items in the 12 Days of Christmas. What took me a minute to figure out was that you had to find that many, e.g. 5 gold rings, 6 maids a milking, you get the idea. Again, extremely hard to see. The only collectible I found fairly easy to see were the candycanes.

Even though I like the "no brainer" straight HOP type games now and then, and this one could have been a great game, my eyes just can't take the strain. I had a headache very quickly. Good luck trying to find things.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. A lot of people have far better eyesight than I do, so they will find this game to be quite fun and just what they are looking for. Too bad, disappointing and not for me. Thanks for the reviews.

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Dec 19, 14 7:02 PM
I read that almost everyone was having problems with this game. I guess still having Windows XP does have its perks. I had absolutely no trouble with this game. It is the most recent in the series and though I don't have them all, I liked this one. Some Items are rather hard to see but it is worth the look. Twelve days of Christmas collectibles, candy cane collectibles, reasonably easy games (believe these were really designed for the younger gamers) but enjoyable even for us oldsters. I love the theme. Christmas is my favorite time of year and these and the Nutcracker games are my treat to myself. I hope everyone can get the bugs worked out as this is a nice, enjoyable game for the season. Merry Christmas to everyone in the pond! Remember, Jesus was a fisherman, and he is the reason for the season.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Dec 20, 14 5:37 AM
I don't usually like HO games, but enjoyed the first 4 of this series. I must say that I agree with dancemom1 that some of the scenes are extremely difficult - items crammed together and objects virtually impossible to see. I had to use the hint button quite a bit, but will play it again to see if it is any easier!

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Dec 23, 14 5:52 AM
P.S. I have played it again and found it just as annoying. It is now deleted!

Go to: