Cindy's Travels: Flooded Kingdom. Let's write reviews

[Post New]by Esterele on Apr 23, 09 9:08 AM
Hi bigfishers! My name here is Esterele and I am from team of developers. I create this discussion for all fans of Cindy's Travels who want to say something to us. Please review the game here. Your opinion is very important for us to make this game perfect and create other wonderful games.

Sincerely

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 7:48:57 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Cindy's Travels: Flooded Kingdom. Let's write reviews

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 23, 09 9:14 AM
The review that I posted in another thread in this forum is quoted below. Since then I've finished the game on both normal and hardest difficulty and am about 1/3 of the way through on easiest difficulty. There's a big difference in the way the game plays between easiest and hardest, which should help it appeal to more people. (rats out of room in post)
lordkalvan wrote:This game is surprisingly addicting for anybody who does not require time pressure to enjoy a game. The main gameplay is chain style match-3 on hexagonal tiles, but you need to clear the path right at Cindy's feet for her to make any progress.

No timer. The closest thing to any time pressure at all comes in two of the minigames, and those give you plenty of time
Difficulty levels can be adjusted. I played through on the default, and am in the midst of playing again on the hardest setting.
Not too short. I'm estimating about 6 hours of play, depending on whether you read the storyline, how much you depend on powerups, etc.
Any level can be replayed (although it's not obvious - you have to use the Replay button from the main menu)
Amusing story line
Minigames for variety, including hidden object, slider puzzle, a zuma clone, and some that are harder to describe
Reasonably good replay value due to the ability to change the difficulty setting, and the randomized match-3 boards.

If you leave in the middle of a level, you have to start the entire level over even if you have made it to one of the sub goals.
You can't skip a minigame, so if you don't like that kind you have to do it anyway.
There doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the storyline or dialog if you don't like that kind of thing.
I wish they would have allowed us the option to click the start of the chain, mouseover the chain, then click again to collect it. My wrists get tired of the dragging.
When I want to replay a level, I have to guess which of the little dots it is, because none of them are marked.
There's no way to turn off the glowing of the path or Cindy, and the glowing of the filled powerups makes it a bit hard to tell which one is which (but if you mouseover a powerup it tells you)
There's no way to turn off hints on the match-3 boards

Yes that's a lot of up there, but I'd give this 4 out of 5 stars anyway.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 23, 09 11:10 AM
Welcome to the waters of BFG forums.

lordkalvan expressed all my concerns and thoughts on the game. I think the largest annoyance for me was the illuminating path. Followed by the inability to determine which dot on the map is which level. Like lord mentioned, "When I want to replay a level, I have to guess which of the little dots it is, because none of them are marked."

Thank you for caring enough to ask us about "Cindy's Travels: Flooded Kingdom". Personally, I've enjoyed playing the game and replaying it in different difficulty levels.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 23, 09 11:21 AM
One other nit-pick, that I only really noticed on hardest difficulty setting, is that in the night-time boards the glowing tiles can cause eye strain. This isn't a problem if you finish the board quickly, but on hardest it was taking me a long time. Having the night time boards is interesting, I just wish there were a way to see the various tiles without it bothering my eyes.

[Post New]by Esterele on Apr 24, 09 1:08 AM
lordkalvan, thank you for thorough answer. We would be appreciate for each word than can be useful for us as for developers.
Smallheaven, we want to create games that will bring you joy and we also care about our "gamechildren"

Your waters are friendly!

Alteron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Alteron on Apr 24, 09 1:33 AM
I will try to review each kind of puzzles in the game.
match 3 - the basic puzzles. I played such type of them on my iPhone. Good idea to combine items into one continuous line. If you correctly calculate the direction in which they fall, you can build a strategy for the chain of the same items came directly on the path of Cindy.
zuma - nice but too slow
hidden objects - somethimes it was almost impossible to find all items without using hints, especially passing snowy levels.
logical puzzle where you need to arrange items of different colors seemed unuderstandable but then... I will not tell those who haven't played yet how to pass this level)
catching lighting bugs is really funny!
placing cristals is simple nice mini

The main advantages of Cindy's Travels are its addictivness and high usability.
Story is amusing! I giggled all time while playing

emmmmm... guys, how do you think can I be game critic ?

holyguard
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by holyguard on Apr 24, 09 1:53 AM
Great game i like it!

Edited on 04/24/2009 at 1:55:20 AM PST

[Post New]by olorina on Apr 24, 09 1:59 AM
Hi Esterele!
Nice to meet you and nice to see that developers are worried about their creature.
Remarkable that game may be as much kindness and humanity. Firstly my two children played Cindy's Travels, and then I also passed all the levels, first in the lightweight version. Now I pass the second time already at a higher level of complexity. Please, create games like this!

Let Lord give you inspiration.

nepty
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by nepty on Apr 24, 09 4:02 AM
haha! The story is awfully funny! I don't usualy read dialogues in games, simply click on them and move further, but these are really giggly!

[Post New]by Esterele on Apr 26, 09 11:57 AM
Hi there!
Glad to say that Jaysigames - one of the largest and most popular game reviews cite - gave Cindy's Travels 5 stars from 5 - the highest rank!

[Post New]by icecreame on Apr 26, 09 11:41 PM
When I played I expected that at the end of the story Cindy would meet beautiful prince in the Eastern Palace. But Princess & Knight love affair was the only love story in this game.
Are you planning to launch the siquel?

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 27, 09 1:35 AM
Hello! I love to hear from Game Developers. It is great to know that you take an active interest in us. I have really enjoyed playing this game. It is cute and fun and different. I like the overhead viewpoint and I love moving Cindy through the boards. The minigames are not too hard and are a fun addition to the game, nice variety!

My only problem with the game until now was the bright flashing Path. Mr. Serov very kindly helped me turn that off and afterwards the game play was just a great deal of enjoyment.

I have now reached the log slider puzzle on the ice and at this point the game crashes and I cannot progress to the end. It is a disappointment in an otherwise very nice game. I have had lots of game play so far and may start over to see if I can get beyond this point on replay.

Thank you!
Barbara

eather
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by eather on Apr 27, 09 2:58 AM
Laus Deo, the farther in, the more powerful objects Cindy has on hand. The longer the chain is, the quicker the power-ups to work. There is, “I quote”,1) the hammer , which destroys any single item. I would say it’s just the thing as apply to the finite section of the path. 2) The analog of the kaleidoscope, destroying and rebuilding papier collé. 3) the “intensifier”, destroying “a steller constellation”4)when you press the next symbol Cindy unlocks her talent for “jumping”, like the well known ” jumper”, but no farther than 2 cells ahead. 5) With the help of this bonus some objects happen to be scorched by a fire-spitting tornado.6) the sixth bonus whirls equal objects. As I'm not throught yet I can't tell you anything about the bonuses down the right-hand sidebar.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 27, 09 3:01 AM
There was nothing I disliked about CIndy's travels.

The game play was fun and I enjoyed the story. The minigames were on the easy side but I understand this is a game for all ages.
Length of game was perfect and graphics were nice.

One of the best games I have bought this year and since I generally are not into Match 3 games that says a lot

[Post New]by Esterele on Apr 27, 09 5:44 AM
Thank you, govegril, for kind words!

[Post New]by cassy777 on Apr 27, 09 5:52 AM
An awesome game! The gameplay and each step are considered very thoroughly, made with love and talente, so as result we have one of the most positive and bright games on BigFish.
Steady the helm!

[Post New]by topple on Apr 27, 09 11:48 PM
Thank you for the first game I tried and bought on Bigfish.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Apr 28, 09 6:09 AM
Welcome to the pond TOPPLE
This game is so cute, I love it when she looks up at you, she has such a cute face.
Hope we get more games like this one soon,

nepty
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by nepty on Apr 28, 09 11:53 PM
maybe we should create something like the fan club of the game?
I want some of this beautiful pictures to set as wallpapers

[Post New]by topple on Apr 28, 09 11:58 PM
hi NANA5LOVE!
the game is more than just cute!
Cindy is sweetie when she looks up and when look at her little mirror and when she moves... They create very charming character!

Go to: