Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Journey to the Center of the Earth / Stuck at end

[Post New]by dschacher on Jul 16, 08 12:40 PM
I am stuck at the end of the game.
Did everything I could think of to move switch handle in mine so that
I can push cart into the water.

I've gone back and replayed last sections after going thru small door at least 5 times. Any suggestions?
I really hate to give up now.

Thanks so much.

D.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Journey to the Center of the Earth / Stuck at end

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 16, 08 12:51 PM
dschacher, I'm sorry I can't help directly. However, if you Google "Journey to the Center of the Earth walkthrough cheats", you should have several links. I think two do hints especially well, one gamely and the other with initials ... (sorry, can't name other sites in our forums). good luck.

Journey to the Center of the Earth / Stuck at end

[Post New]by Leprechuan on Jul 28, 08 7:28 PM
dschacher wrote:I am stuck at the end of the game.
Did everything I could think of to move switch handle in mine so that
I can push cart into the water.

I've gone back and replayed last sections after going thru small door at least 5 times. Any suggestions?
I really hate to give up now.

Thanks so much.

D.

Put on the Gloves!

[Post New]by W14f2z16nM14 on Aug 23, 08 11:28 AM
[Hi I am also stuck trying to do something with that switch. I have tried at least 10 times and nothing (including using the gloves works) and you can not continue with the game so i just wrote it off as a bad game and gave up. I was even dumb enough to buy the stratage guide, that doesn't help either.

[Post New]by pasquina on Sep 23, 08 4:07 PM
You have to talk to the submarine man twice, get the ladder in the other floor, take down the dynamite hanging in a rope in the tunnel, use a knife, get at the topfloor and get a steelplate (second plate) from the controlroom, use that at the end of the traintrail near the submarine, maby u have missed some of this hints

BIG4FUN
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by BIG4FUN on May 12, 09 10:29 AM
Hi,
I am also stuck here for days. I found your message now I can't get a second sheet of iron. I have been back up to the top and went to the glass roof room but Adam is not there. I have already put the black and white diamond powder together. So there is not a sheet of iron by the control panel. Even looked at the safe in the Laboratory.
Thanks for any help.
BIG4FUN

BIG4FUN
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by BIG4FUN on May 12, 09 10:29 AM
Hi,
I am also stuck here for days. I found your message now I can't get a second sheet of iron. I have been back up to the top and went to the glass roof room but Adam is not there. I have already put the black and white diamond powder together. So there is not a sheet of iron by the control panel. Even looked at the safe in the Laboratory.
Thanks for any help.
BIG4FUN

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on May 12, 09 11:03 AM
Since I have played and finished this game it amazed me to read that someone wrote it off as a bad game. This is player error. There are a number of steps needed to get the switch to move. Go to the internet and google a Journey to the Center of the Earth Walkthrough. Hopefully Gameboomers will have one. You all are missing things and steps and orders of steps and triggers that set up other steps. GO FIND OUT WHAT YOU MISSED. I would be happy to tell you but I played it so long ago I cannot remember. For anyone who thinks it is the games fault, think again. The game is set up to confuse you and confound you. That is the saving grace of a walkthrough no need to spend money on a strategy guide.

BIG4FUN
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by BIG4FUN on May 15, 09 5:26 AM
W14f2z16nM14 wrote:[Hi I am also stuck trying to do something with that switch. I have tried at least 10 times and nothing (including using the gloves works) and you can not continue with the game so i just wrote it off as a bad game and gave up. I was even dumb enough to buy the stratage guide, that doesn't help either.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on May 15, 09 6:37 PM
Here is the exact walkthrough for how to get the mine cart switch to work. If you have missed earlier steps then go to the internet like I did and look it up. I hope this helps you guys end the game.

The second sheet of iron is in the Supervisors Area.
Take another sheet of iron by the control panel.

Platform - Talk to Taal Nadi again. He believes you now and will meet you at the village. Go to the derrick elevator. Take the ladder by the elevator. Go down to the mines.

Mines - Go to right screen by the machineries on the wall and see dynamite attached on an overhanging metal. Click the ladder on the metal door to the left of the rope. Climb up and use the knife on dynamite.
Go to the extreme left of the derrick-elevator and look at stack of dynamites on the mine cart. Ariane wants it pushed to the sea.
Go through the mine and out to the submarine. Talk to the Captain. He's still stubborn. Go to the end of the railway tracks close to the water's edge - where the railcar used to stand. Place the sheet of metal on the railway tracks and Ariane will make a ramp to the sea.
Go back inside the mine to the dynamite laden mine cart.
Use gloves and then click on the lever just a little to the left of the switch stand between the 2 rail tracks. The hotspot here is a little difficult to find.THIS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT AND PROBABLY A LOT OF THE PROBLEM, I REMEMBER HOW HOW HARD THIS SPOT WAS TO FIND. A BIT OF A PIXEL HUNT.

Then click on the mine cart to give it a push. Watch what happens.
Go back and talk to the Captain. You will travel back to the dock by the Giant’s village, though you won’t see an in-transit cutscene.

[b]

Edited on 05/16/2009 at 12:46:24 AM PST

Go to: