Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Nov 10, 12 1:31 PM
atsfgal wrote:Tip toes back into the forum wearing her invisible cloak. RIPS off her cloak and does a soft shoe dance for the amusement of none. She then slips and falls on the slippery stage and as she lay moaning asks with her dying breath: "please tell me how spear and shake go together beside shakespeare?"

Another definition for spear is: Young blade, shoot, or sprout (as of asparagus).

samspunker
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by samspunker on Nov 10, 12 1:35 PM
Yea! I can get on here with my phone! At least I can catch up sometimes.

I think you guys are missing something. All the Bond clues were to get us to shaken not stirred.

But also, wouldn't the earth SHAKE if the SKY FELL?

I am still leaning towards some kind of crash in the fifties from the air.

Airplane, secret government plane, UFO. All possibilities!

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Nov 10, 12 1:51 PM
Butterflyshrimp wrote:
atsfgal wrote:Tip toes back into the forum wearing her invisible cloak. RIPS off her cloak and does a soft shoe dance for the amusement of none. She then slips and falls on the slippery stage and as she lay moaning asks with her dying breath: "please tell me how spear and shake go together beside shakespeare?"

Another definition for spear is: Young blade, shoot, or sprout (as of asparagus).

The only thing I could think of is usually martinis have olives; which require those little spear toothpick things?? But what about MILK?

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 10, 12 1:57 PM
The hand throws the spear. The hand picks up the glass that has either a martini or milk in it.

Cannot make anything of it .

Edited to add: And of course Hondo has been "poking" his head in the thread and laughing as us because he's stumped us.

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 2:02:53 PM PST

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 10, 12 1:58 PM
samspunker wrote:
<snipped>

Ala Sputnik?

Also, what if a coffin appears when the ground shakes or vice-versa? The start of something? Or the end?

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 10, 12 1:58 PM
Crystalscove22 wrote:
Butterflyshrimp wrote:

The only thing I could think of is usually martinis have olives; which require those little spear toothpick things?? But what about MILK?

Milk I get...for milkshake. Shake is the answer. I just don't get how shake goes with spear. Silly thing to get hung up on. Sorry.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 10, 12 1:58 PM
Eoarod wrote:Sol, a needle pulling thread...
Assuming you meant So!, that scale is called the tonic sol-fa. Equally OT, you might like the Noteworthy word game thread.

atsfgal wrote:I just don't get how shake goes with spear.
You just said it - Shakespeare. The answer fell out very quicky - shake. Some things are simple.

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 2:00:41 PM PST

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Nov 10, 12 2:00 PM
Crystalscove22 wrote:
Butterflyshrimp wrote:

Another definition for milk is: Any white fluid resembling milk, as, the juice of the milkweed; The milk of the coconut; To exploit; and To drain. (Drain again).

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 10, 12 2:09 PM
samspunker wrote:Yea! I can get on here with my phone! At least I can catch up sometimes.

I think you guys are missing something. All the Bond clues were to get us to shaken not stirred.

But also, wouldn't the earth SHAKE if the SKY FELL?

Area 51!! Dangit, we're back to the aliens again!!

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 10, 12 2:17 PM
l agree, that shake is the answer to anything.

milk-shake
hand-shake
shake-spear(E) we´re missing the E!
martini - shake(N) we´re missing an N

Could E and N be the next letters?

Another solution for martini could be shake(S) martini. So the missing letter could be an S

Y - O - U - R - E? - N? or - S?

Beside that l don´t have a clue and it is the most boring day since we started!

ccalvert2007
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ccalvert2007 on Nov 10, 12 2:20 PM
Just looked at the poster again (I love it. Nice work BFG)

What if the object the boy & Doc are holding is a tusk or horn rather than an actual rune stone and the symbals are some sort of curse/spell that has shook the town?

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Nov 10, 12 2:23 PM
Because it's been rather quiet today and I never solve anything...LOL...I did go backand do a bit of research on the Job Posting page for Big Fish ;which I had meant to do way back when I first read it.

The requirements for the position were to have had extensive knowledge /use of several items...which I went ahead and looked up ; just in case it might help in some of the storyline theories ....here ya go:

EMF Detector : Electromagnetic Radiation Detector, measures electro magnetic fields ...most often used in Ghost Hunting( for real ...found it on an site that sells Ghost Hunting equipment) However it is a real mechanism.

ION Detectors: Basically smoke detectors or the detection of hydrogen/oxygen in compressed breathable air

IR Cameras: Also called thermal cameras ; capture images of infrared energy or temperature and combine with visable images on the same display

Gaussmeter: most common Gausss meter relies on the Hall effect, which is a measurable voltage that is produced when a magnetic field crosses an electric current. The Gauss meter was invented by Carl Fredrich Gauss in 1833 and was the first meter to measure magnetic fields. Different types of Gauss meters range from locating ship wrecks to measuring solar winds. ( Who KNEW??)

Tri Field Meters: A Gaussmeter, electrofield meter and radio field meter all in one. ie; measures magnetic fields, electric fields and radio microwaves.

I'm sure this is common knowledge for most everyone , ...but I learned a thing or two and did find it tied in to the radiation theory thats going around as well as the obvious reference to Ghost Hunting and Ghost Busters...BUT ...and this will maybe thrill a few of us Stephen King fans...anyone read or remember his book...'Under the Dome"? Where the whole area in a township in Maine came under this huge invisablle electromagnetic domeshaped barrier??

More fish food for thought

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 2:28:32 PM PST

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 10, 12 2:27 PM
weissvonnix wrote:l agree, that shake is the answer to anything.

milk-shake
hand-shake

Another solution for martini could be shake(S) martini. So the missing letter could be an S

We're already up to Y-O-U-R-E as of yesterday (soep instead of soap).

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 10, 12 2:28 PM

milk-shake
hand-shake

Nix! I think you're on to something with the "missing E"! Didn't even realize that! A synonym for Milk is Bleed. Both martinis and milk are drinks. Are we kind of back to vampires in a little respect? An insatiable appetite, relentless, that spears a person with a talon (?) to obtain and drink the blood? Something that was called forth from dozing ("so I doze"- anagram of Picman's doozies). Something that was awakened by finding the artifact after the earthquake?

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 2:31:09 PM PST

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 10, 12 2:31 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:

milk-shake
hand-shake

We're already up to Y-O-U-R-E as of yesterday (soep instead of soap).

l know, sorry forgot the second E

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 10, 12 2:31 PM
ccalvert2007 wrote:Just looked at the poster again (I love it. Nice work BFG)

What if the object the boy & Doc are holding is a tusk or horn rather than an actual rune stone and the symbals are some sort of curse/spell that has shook the town?

It could be a scrimshaw, carved by a possessed mariner way back!

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 10, 12 2:34 PM
So we have y - o - u - r - e - e - n/s.
You´re en(lightened) ? l wish, l would..

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 10, 12 2:53 PM
This is OT but in response to a post and a couple of responses from earlier today and I feel the need to say it. BFG has given us a wonderful by hosting this Spec Thread. Think about it, the number of posters here is miniscule compared to the number of people who will buy this game. It doen't sell more games for them as I'm sure each of us would buy it anyway (or at least try it to see if it's something we like). It's a that makes it so much more fun for the very few who post here. A tremendous amount of work goes into creating and sustaining the thread. Geez, think about how much time Hondo has to set aside to read each and every post. Sure, he's paid for it, but by BFG who wants US to have a good time. So if they post clues on FB, Twitter or even Mars, I'll go there because it's so much fun---for all of us.

THANK YOU for caring so much about those in your Pond !

AndrewB179
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by AndrewB179 on Nov 10, 12 3:14 PM
weissvonnix wrote:So we have y - o - u - r - e - e - n/s.
You´re en(lightened) ? l wish, l would..

i dunno. Hondo told us that the Spec Thread clues and the FB clues have nothing to do with each other... but that was before the puzzle cube clue hunt had us going all over, from here to FB to Twitter and beyond. Not sure if the typo clues are being kept separate anymore, or not.

Uh, Hondo? I know you said you'd be poking your head in over the weekend. Are the FB clues still unrelated to the spec thread clues, or not?

ccalvert2007
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ccalvert2007 on Nov 10, 12 3:24 PM
Theres still something Bothering me about "THE HOUSE THAT WASNT THERE"

I cant quite put my finger on it, but theres something funny about it...

Go to: