bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Runaway Geisha

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 17, 14 12:29 AM
Runaway Geisha is a captivating story of mystery, suspense, family and the power of love. Set amidst the sumptuous backdrop of Geisha Japan, it is a journey back in time to a hidden world full of ancient traditions, lush temple gardens and quaint backstreet market shops.

Embark on a mysterious journey to find your real mother guided by supernatural spirits. Prepare to face dark secrets, hidden enemies, ancient traditions and the forces of love. When tragedy strikes, it is up to you to fight for what you believe in and save those most dear to you. As long-held secrets are finally revealed, you will have to choose your path ahead. Whatever outcome you select, a heart will be broken.

Breathtaking art beautifully captures the life of the Geisha, the kimonos, the blossom gardens, lantern-lined streets and ornate grand theatres. Prepare to be swept away in this suspence-filled mystery through the street markets, hidden alleyways and temple gardens of 1920s Japan!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Runaway Geisha

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 17, 14 3:15 AM
New devs, it seems, graphics a tad on the rough side, system cursor does not change over hot spots, option section a bit wonky (clicked on the cursor tab and the widescreen mode changed - needed to do this several times before things were the way I wanted them to be), and the custom cursor is a bit on the large side, but otherwise a very nice game. Will get it.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 17, 14 7:02 AM
This is a beautiful game. I love it. I love the story. Everything!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 17, 14 5:56 PM
Great game, great story. Sadly I got a access violation error and a black screen, so got out and came back in and it was ok. I want to play this game to the end so am going to persevere and hope there are no more problems.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Dec 17, 14 6:31 PM
Was so excited by the subject matter and the era. Sadly, the game itself seems primitive and slow. Couldn't make it through the demo.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 17, 14 8:54 PM
Quite a delightful game, more like a quiet stroll than a mad chase. And some nice touches ......
"Three women visit. Noisy"
"I was using it as a bug poker"
.....And oh, I forget the line about the bonsai
Of course, give it a trial to see how it "suits" you.

Much more fun than the game about the seal.

Edited on 12/17/2014 at 10:07:26 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 17, 14 10:29 PM
After playing the whole demo, and making sure I didn't come across any glitches or other problems, I purchased this game.

This game plays very much like an Adventure-lite game, with HOS thrown in. You also have to do certain puzzles or mini games, which cannot be skipped, but you can use a Hint for them. So yes, it has definitely the feel of an Adventure-lite game.

I am really enjoying this game. It's kind of slow and just flows nicely, and is very relaxing.

I also like the fact that we get a Custom difficulty mode, and that there are achievements and collectables.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 17, 14 10:56 PM
Boo hoo ..... >how come she ended up with the rich guy? what happened to the spunky artist?<

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 18, 14 12:10 AM
What I like to know is: why is there no skip button for all those mini games? I am trying to pair blue and orange fish in a tank with some rope that are supposed to be a net. But I haven't got a clue how to get it right.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 18, 14 2:58 AM
Valdy wrote:What I like to know is: why is there no skip button for all those mini games? I am trying to pair blue and orange fish in a tank with some rope that are supposed to be a net. But I haven't got a clue how to get it right.
I skip that min game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 18, 14 3:15 AM
Dobbie, please tell me how you can skip it. I can't find a skip button, only a reset button and the arrow to get out of the mini game.

ETA: And if you don't play the mini game at all, won't it affect the rest of the game? Don't you usually get an object after finishing a mini game, which you then need for something else in the game?

More ETA: Am able to skip the mini games in Casual mode, but not in Custom mode - which I played in.

Edited on 12/18/2014 at 5:02:50 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 18, 14 5:39 PM
Twinsoniclab, I finished the game. Had no problems with the suitcase. The only snags I came across were 2 Access Violation messages. But I am used to them from previous ERS games that always had one hidden in them. I just exit the game and go right back in, and can continue without a problem.

I think the devs made a mistake not adding the Skip button to the Custom mode. After all, you can set the fill time for both the Hint and the Skip in Custom mode, so there should have been a skip button as well.

I did rather well with the mini games until I came across that fishtank. I don't really like puzzles, but obviously managed them all so far, seeing I wasn't able to skip them. LOL

I will replay the game soon - didn't find all the Origami images, but that's because I found out too late that they are also hidden in some of the HOS.

--- --- ---

Edited to add that I restarted the game under a new profile name, and this time round the Skip button does appear in Custom mode.

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 3:40:41 AM PST

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Dec 20, 14 1:36 AM
Does anyone know if you can change difficulty levels within the game? Or do we have to start again with a new difficulty level?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 20, 14 1:57 AM
If you go to your "Options", you will see that you can change the difficulty.

Go to: