catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Magnificent Seal here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 17, 14 12:43 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. It might help to include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 12/17/2014 at 6:36:42 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Magnificent Seal here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 17, 14 6:35 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 17, 14 6:40 AM
This game keeps asking for Adobe Air in order to play it. For some reason, I can't Adobe Air to download. I have Mozilla Firefox.

I would like to play it...but once again...a game that won't work.

katycoogan
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by katycoogan on Dec 17, 14 7:38 AM
Same here. Can't get Adobe Air to work. Windows 7 64 bit. Had this problem with the last game that needed Adobe Air. With that one I tried the compatibility, ran as administer and even tried to download from the Adobe site. Won't work. I wish hey would stop with the Adobe Air.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Dec 17, 14 8:42 AM
I found there was nothing to do after I collected eight of the gears and two of the four jewels. Also the Hint was not charged so I could not use that either.

Is this a bug or did I miss something?

[Post New]by sharmanlott on Dec 17, 14 3:59 PM
Has anyone been able to finish this game?

phoot10
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by phoot10 on Dec 17, 14 9:41 PM
Hint only works for HO ; i have also collected 8 gears, 2 gems and can't do anything, get messages like "I should work on fixing the clock" or "I should check back later" Got as far as finding basement stairs and lighting torches and cannot enter basement. I hate games that so obviously don't work.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 18, 14 4:24 AM
steve_san wrote:I found there was nothing to do after I collected eight of the gears and two of the four jewels. Also the Hint was not charged so I could not use that either.

U hv to go thru ALL the #$%^& rooms and search again, play spot differences to get more gems, u need 5 in total. Go back to sitting room (the room on 1st flr, towards most right hand side, u hv to scroll till RHS than u would c a door sign, click on that to go to that room). There is a sparkling area for u to insert the gems

With 8 gears u hv to fix the clock on 1st flr (the original flr where that guy who welcomes u at start of game was standing). Place gears such that it all turns well. If gears overlap, u know u r wrong.

Once done u get one more gem (the last one if not mistaken). Then go back to sitting room to place gems.

I am towards end of game, nowhere to search, no puzzles to play with, nothing, cant figure out how to enter a ^%$&* door and no keys in view. Its the garden (if not mistaken) and there was an old woman there telling me to go in.

PS: Hope my somewhat confusing help does help

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Dec 18, 14 10:48 AM
lym_1609 wrote:
steve_san wrote:I found there was nothing to do after I collected eight of the gears and two of the four jewels. Also the Hint was not charged so I could not use that either.

U hv to go thru ALL the #$%^& rooms and search again, play spot differences to get more gems, u need 5 in total. Go back to sitting room (the room on 1st flr, towards most right hand side, u hv to scroll till RHS than u would c a door sign, click on that to go to that room). There is a sparkling area for u to insert the gems

With 8 gears u hv to fix the clock on 1st flr (the original flr where that guy who welcomes u at start of game was standing). Place gears such that it all turns well. If gears overlap, u know u r wrong.

Once done u get one more gem (the last one if not mistaken). Then go back to sitting room to place gems.

I am towards end of game, nowhere to search, no puzzles to play with, nothing, cant figure out how to enter a ^%$&* door and no keys in view. Its the garden (if not mistaken) and there was an old woman there telling me to go in.

Thanks lym_1609, not sure I follow you though.

There was nothing available for me to do at that point in the game - anywhere. No more STD's or HO's. I checked every single area 4-5 times. I had 8/9 gears and 2/4 jewels and nothing else in inventory.

The only place there were sparkles was in the basement or "secret room" (right side) and I had nothing to put there (had the shape of a gear on it). I tried but could not fix the clock with 8 gears.

I still think it is a bug.

berrymama
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by berrymama on Dec 18, 14 5:10 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:This game keeps asking for Adobe Air in order to play it. For some reason, I can't Adobe Air to download. I have Mozilla Firefox.

I would like to play it...but once again...a game that won't work. [/quote

I would love to play it too! Maybe it's goods you can't dl it.. maybe your virus program is stopping it like mine did.

I just got this game and was told to get the Adobe Air also but when I tried, my Norton popped up saying It was a Trojan.ADH.2 and quickly removed it.
It sent me to https:// copy.copy.com (which means a secure site).I've been having a lot of problems with my Adobe stuff and Adobe just gives me the runaround when I call them. Maybe this is why?

berrymama
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by berrymama on Dec 18, 14 5:13 PM
phoot10 wrote:Hint only works for HO ; i have also collected 8 gears, 2 gems and can't do anything, get messages like "I should work on fixing the clock" or "I should check back later" Got as far as finding basement stairs and lighting torches and cannot enter basement. I hate games that so obviously don't work.[/quote

and that might need a good Trojan to make it work. Like Adobe Air!!

berrymama
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by berrymama on Dec 18, 14 5:18 PM
steve_san wrote:
lym_1609 wrote:

There was nothing available for me to do at that point in the game - anywhere. No more STD's or HO's. I checked every single area 4-5 times. I had 8/9 gears and 2/4 jewels and nothing else in inventory.

The only place there were sparkles was in the basement or "secret room" (right side) and I had nothing to put there (had the shape of a gear on it). I tried but could not fix the clock with 8 gears.

I think you're right, but not from the game! Run your virus scanner!! My Norton dumped the Adobe Air before I could even try the game. Said "Trojan.ADH.2"

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Dec 18, 14 7:17 PM
berrymama wrote:
steve_san wrote:
lym_1609 wrote:

I think you're right, but not from the game! Run your virus scanner!! My Norton dumped the Adobe Air before I could even try the game. Said "Trojan.ADH.2"

I was able to install (or rather update) Adobe Air, my Norton permitted it. However, the version the game installs (13) is not current. Adobe updater ran later and updated it to a newer version (15 - I think).

Go to: