Lillie1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

There are idiots among us!!!

[Post New]by Lillie1 on Dec 17, 14 2:42 AM
Nothing better to do with their time. I have to wonder if they have a brain?? No, come to think of it. If they had a brain it would be lonely.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:There are idiots among us!!!

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 17, 14 3:19 AM
The mods will delete all the junk eventually. Shame this site has become the target for these pathetic spammers.

And there are people actually reading it

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 17, 14 3:33 AM
angelfish106 wrote:The mods will delete all the junk eventually. Shame this site has become the target for these pathetic spammers.

And there are people actually reading it

People might not actually be reading the posts.
One of the problems of reporting this junk is that you have to open the post to hit the ! to alert the mods to something offensive.
This does of course add to the view count.

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Dec 17, 14 3:57 AM
I refuse to open the posts. I wouldn't be surprised if there is something in the posts that could cause problems with our computers.......

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 17, 14 4:22 AM
there certainly are. it is quite annoying - some people have nothing better to do with their brain (or lack thereof) but to make life annoying for others.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Dec 17, 14 4:47 AM
Nothing will happen to your computer if you open only the forum posting. With the major cutbacks in Mods this past year these posts slip by easier. Please report "!" SPAM when you see it.

KleoBeBe
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by KleoBeBe on Dec 17, 14 5:26 AM
These are automated spambots. I'm sure they send out thousands a day, and I'm sure they wouldn't if silly people out there wouldn't fall for it!

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 17, 14 6:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

We understand that the recent uptick in spam posts in the Forums has been distracting and has no doubt detracted from the Forums experience. We want to thank everyone for bringing this to our attention, so do know that we’re doing our best to remove those posts as quickly and efficiently as possible.

As sartasia mentioned, it's really helpful for us to clear out the spam faster if you just click on the red exclamation mark in the top right corner of the post. With enough reports, this will remove the spam from appearing in the threads until we can delete it.

While we do understand how frustrating it can be to see all of the Spam suddenly appear, we do ask that users not create new posts/threads in the Forums. This will help us to streamline our current process and will also help to keep the Forums tidy instead of adding on to the issue at hand. Since the issue is being addressed, I’m going to go ahead and lock this thread.

We are trying to formulate the best way to rid the Forums of those posts, but as some of you may have noticed they’re being automatically generated by professional spammers and not just bored individuals as some have speculated. Because this recent influx does appear to have been mass-generated, you might see how it would take a considerable amount of time to locate and delete each and every one of those posts. We greatly appreciate your patience while we address this issue and hope to return the Forums to the condition that you’ve grown accustomed to.

Thank you,
bfgLianorm

Go to: