Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,767 Posts

TGT for 4/25 (Spoiler Alert)

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on Apr 24, 09 10:10 PM
Real Crimes: The Unicorn Killer from AWE Games

New Treasure Chest: Felix's Favorites Game!
Help rookie FBI Agent Jennifer Lourdes, and veteran detective Alan Michaels catch the infamous Unicorn Killer! Track down the murderer, Ira Einhorn, as you bring him to justice in this exciting Hidden Object game. Travel all around the globe and explore important crime scenes. Based on a true story, Real Crimes: The Unicorn Killer, takes you on the long-running chase and extradition of this dangerous criminal!

* Based on a true story
* Fun minigames
* Capture the Unicorn Killer!
* Check out our Blog Walkthrough

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:TGT for 4/25 (Spoiler Alert)

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 24, 09 10:16 PM
Thanks TimeBomb. I'm going to pass. Realistic crime investigations are NOT my idea of relaxing play. (I don't like the Women's Murder Club games either)

tasha47
Flounder
Flounder
2,256 Posts

[Post New]by tasha47 on Apr 24, 09 10:18 PM
Thanks TimeBomb, I'm looking for 1 more game to buy this month. hehe!!! Will definitely have a looksee!!!!!

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Apr 24, 09 10:24 PM
Ira Einhorn? I'm a crime buff so it sounds interesting to me, now if I can only stay awake lol. Thanks for the heads up Time!

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Apr 24, 09 10:28 PM
Sounds good Time, will download and see, thanks for the info.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 24, 09 10:43 PM
Sounds interesting...I will be staying up late tonight.

raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by raystownlady on Apr 24, 09 10:48 PM
Sounds good.Another late night as usual.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Apr 24, 09 11:12 PM
thanks timebomb i know i will be downloading and playing.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 25, 09 12:34 AM
I think it's disgusting to have a game based on Ira Einhorn. He killed his girlfriend and kept her in a trunk in the closet of his apartment for 18 months until he was caught. He was given bail and took off. It wasn't until 24 years later that he was extradited from France to stand trial for his crime.

I know it's just a game, but they could have released the game without using any reference to Einhorn, his name or his crime. Tying it to him is just disgusting.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 25, 09 12:53 AM
The subject is creepy. i am ashamed to say I bought it especially since I just wanted to finish this Promo and only needed one more game to get a keychain

My deepest sympathies and apologies to the friends and family of Holly Maddux.

This is an HO with minigames. I have only played about 10 min. The objects aren't too small, the scenes not too dark (so far) but I can't seem to find several of the objects on each list (serves me right).

You get 3 Hints. You can earn more by finding special objects highlighted in green on the list. You can also earn extra Hints by playing GO and I guess by playing other mini games. Also, find a GO board in each scene. I played one game of GO so far. There is also the occasional object that goes into inventory and can be used on another object.

Unique with this game is the ability to turn OFF the minis. If you don't want to play, go into the Options menu and turn them off. It has a Timed and a Relaxed mode,

I found the music annoying. Also annoying is the pop-up message telling you about the Hints. It keeps coming up over and over if there is too much time between finding something. This could be a Game Killer, Once in the first scene is plenty. Devs, if you are reading this, stop that Hint reminder NOW! It is distracting at the least and amazingly annoying at the most.

For those who don't like reading, there is a lot of it!

Even though I bought this one, I can't say i am too impressed with it. I may have more to say after i have played longer.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Apr 25, 09 1:13 AM
I must say I agree with BinLA on this one. They could have made a game like this , but not based on any known killer. Why enlighten the guy with a game with his name all over it....

I like the mystery ones, but this is carrying it too far. What about the poor girl's family and friends....JMHO

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 25, 09 1:21 AM
The only thing they missed? They should have released this game on Earth Day (seeing how the holiday WAS originated by this freak).

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 25, 09 1:33 AM
kishimojun wrote:The only thing they missed? They should have released this game on Earth Day (seeing how the holiday WAS originated by this freak).

I had never heard of this guy and that he originated earth day is quite intriguing in itself.

Anyway about the game- I found it a an ok game but I could see that I was more than half way through after the hour from the walkthrough so did not like it enough for another 30 minutes of play.
The puzzles had all been easy. On a positive note the graphics were quite good and the story since I never heard of it and the ties to Earth day was interesting to learn about a true story'

edit: just to add as I see some people upset aout this game- I did not get the impression the guy was glorified but rather that he was a nutcase and a lesson that even people deemed very intelligent can be extremely dangerous. (sorry no offence intented in my comments).

Edited on 04/25/2009 at 1:40:37 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 25, 09 1:38 AM
As much as I appreciate you putting spoiler in the title of these topics, Timebomb007, I think without the game named it is confusing as to where to put comments and really, why "announce" it before it's released? If you are not a part of the team are you not circumventing how they want to market games?

Lots of people have said they look to me for game reviews but I don't want to add my comments to a thread without the game's title in the topic. It makes it too hard to find.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 25, 09 1:44 AM
Hi Poodlebear

Timebomb did originally put game titles and got ticked off so he puts spoiler now.

I do not think it stops us having a seperate TGT which you or anyone could start- I would post in there after the game comes out and only in this one the day before as I like Timebombs spoilers before and also peoples comments about the TGT after.

So maybe we shoud have two threads for the game- TImebomb pre TGT- spoiler
and the TGT as per usual?

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on Apr 25, 09 1:44 AM
I think the game is in bad taste and should be removed.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 25, 09 1:59 AM
My review posted here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/31706.page#703603

...and in the next issue of The Pond Times.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Apr 25, 09 12:09 PM
I have mixed feelings about this game because of the true crime issue. I am quite familiar with the case. So far, my indecision has not come in to play because the game will not run smoothly for me. When I move the arrow, an image of the arrow in that position remains visible as the cursor moves elsewhere. The play is jerky and it takes too long for a hint to appear or for a hint to indicate the object. I have uninstalled it and will re-install but I don't really think that will solve the problem. It may be of the software I am using to be able to run Windows Vista on my iMac. Oh well, I was ambivalent about whether or not I wanted to buy it, so this problem may make the decision for me! I did think the graphics were good and as far as I could play, if it had been a different theme and if it would have run smoothly, I might well have bought it.

Go to: