Please post any TECH ISSUES for Runaway Geisha here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 17, 14 6:39 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

Rainmanuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Runaway Geisha here!

[Post New]by Rainmanuk on Dec 17, 14 10:03 AM
After downloading and trying to run the game I just get a blank screen. I get the music that's all

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Dec 17, 14 10:10 AM
I am at the music house trying to play the shamisan. The skip button is frozen. The game is generally glitchy. I am am on Windows 8. The game is even more glitchy on my desktop running Windows 7.

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Dec 17, 14 11:29 AM
Game won't even start - just a black screen; need to CAD to get to task manager. I have XP; wish Big Fish would just tell me what operating system or software I need to play ALL games they release (HD, etc). I'm OK with upgrading, but don't know what specs to make sure I can play all, and yes, I'm "that old!!" (smile)

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 17, 14 11:49 AM
Using Windows 7

Got the black screen with just music, random clicked (this sometimes
helps), CAD to exit, checked for updaters, did uninstall/reinstall three
times. Since I'm not the only one with this problem, giving up, which
is a shame since it sounded interesting.

Will check back in a few days to see if there is an update. Sigh.

[Post New]by Suzy_Brown on Dec 17, 14 1:12 PM
The game will start, but there is no video--just music and a black screen. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card with latest driver. Also, DirectX is up-to-date. OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

Edited on 12/17/2014 at 1:13:43 PM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Dec 17, 14 3:10 PM
I was having problems with no hint, no skip so I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked great. Hope this might help some.

pkbeehler
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pkbeehler on Dec 17, 14 7:21 PM
as with several other gamers, I too get music and a blank screen. I will reload and see if that helps. hope there is a fix as this looks like a fun HOG.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Dec 17, 14 9:58 PM
When I downloaded trial as it was installing a notice came up to install DirectX and since I already have it I closed it out and game finished installing
Once I started to play game was not wide screen but under options we can opt to wide-screen although I think it reverts to standard size when closing...
The game looks good enough to me to continue playing whether wide or standard
I have only played 30 min of trial and love it. Hoping the developers can handle the "glitches"

playing on PC , Win7/64

blueteal44
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by blueteal44 on Dec 18, 14 9:29 PM
Another access violation.Just collected all the crows then had a black screen tried to move and game closed down again second time this has happened in this game.

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Dec 19, 14 7:12 AM
Rainmanuk wrote:After downloading and trying to run the game I just get a blank screen. I get the music that's all

I get the same as you do. I have windows vista and just get music and blackness. I will ask the support team, for ideas and pm you when I find anything out. Ok?

[Post New]by Rdino1 on Dec 19, 14 4:20 PM
I got to the point in the game where father pushes geisha under the train. It went to a screen showing father standing on the other side of the tracks and froze. I have reloaded the game and tried the things suggested under when screen freezes or goes blank and nothing works. Very frustrating I was really enjoying the game

jayne419
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jayne419 on Dec 20, 14 2:47 AM
I was enjoying the demo, so I decided to buy it. I install and go to start over or even play from where I left off, and the game goes to 'leaving the farm', but I cannot do anything, except go to side of house, and then there is nothing to do! I was past this spot in demo. I deleted and re installed twice to no avail. Im running an up to date....vista.....help

[Post New]by bridgemaven on Dec 20, 14 6:04 AM
After receiving the letter, tried to return to the room, but received the message the program was terminated.

Nocturne
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Nocturne on Dec 21, 14 6:44 PM
When I first bought the game and tried to download it, got some message saying to try back later. So I tried the next day and it took forever to finally fully download and activate. Upon first playing it, it froze while I was still roaming around the father's shack home; CAD to restart and tried again, got as far as doing the shamisen audition, went out and that other girl spills ink on my kimono, and it froze when I wandered into the woman's shop (don't know what kind of shop it is since it froze before I could ask). CAD again and it froze on the opening cutscene. That was enough frozen for me and I went to play a different game that doesn't mess up. I'm running WinVista. I've had a couple games in the past that didn't run right so I just jettisoned them. Might have to do the same with this if it doesn't start behaving. I know BFG will suggest upgrading drivers and all that but since all the games I play a lot run just fine, I don't see why I should upgrade my drivers since doing that usually messes up other stuff, and it's just not all that important that I play this game (now, if Turbo Tax freezes, I might have to upgrade drivers!).

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Dec 23, 14 3:19 AM
I use Windows 8, the game was playing problem, then a message came up to say an error occurred , and the game stopped working, I'm so relieved I didn't buy it!

[Post New]by soldiersmomma on Dec 23, 14 1:06 PM
I have downloaded this game 3 times and am on my 4th time and it is downloading on my pc under the pc options. The game will freeze, go blank and then will pop up a dialog box saying that and I can not remember just exactly what it was that quit working and then it gives me the option to terminate the program. So I know that with any glitch it can be fixed by uninstalling the reinstalling and that will usually fix the problem. If I can not get any further than what I have gone I will copy and paste the exact wording that is in the notification box and pass it along with you. I just thought I would let you and your tech people in on my frustration. Hope you get it fixed soon. This is my HOG "fix" store. l.o.l.
While checking for a reply to my problem with this game I hit the "offensive" link quit by accident. So please disregard this accident and if I could undo the action I would. I am all needing an answer to my dilemma. Thanks for any and all help given.

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 11:44:04 AM PST

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Dec 24, 14 9:16 PM
I am also having the same issues. I run Windows Vista and went right away to the help forum and filled out a ticket to ask for help from the staff. First of all I sent a detailed email to the staff explaining that I run windows vista 32 and my drivers are all up to date etc etc etc. Then i also let them know that there are several other customers who are having the same problem. I sent a Dr Felix report plus a DXDIAG report and when they wrote back they had not even bothered to read my email. How did I know this) because they suggested I send a dr felix report and to update my drivers which in my email I had stated that I had already done that. so second email i wrote them and they sent me a free game but I told them I wanted to really play THIS GAME. Then I had another email from them telling me to try something and it was something i could not do since the box they asked me to hit was faded so no one could touch it. next email i was asked to go into control panel and hit on the icon Appearances and Personalization then hit on Personalization. Windows Vista does NOT have an icon for appearences and personalization but it does have one for personalization so I tried that but it simply has nothing to do with what she was asking me to do,.Ok so now I am waiting for my next email that explained that I was frustrated that she had asked me for something that Windows Vista does not even have in the control panel. I asked her if she bothers to read our emails>? I have always and i mean always stood behind BigFish and have purchased a sinful amount of games but lately I have nothing to choose from and am thinking of leaving bigfish after alll these years. I have downloaded and redownloaded like six times and still get the black screen and asian music. nothing else

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 28, 14 10:58 PM
I am replaying the game, and honestly, I am surprised that the developer has not tried to fix those access violation issues. They are part of the game, and not just in some of the game, but all of them, it seems. I have had 2 of them the first time I played the game, and now I got another one. No fun !! So I am uninstalling the game, and won't play it again.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 29, 14 9:05 AM
Still no fix for the "black" screen problem, nor for any of the
other problems. I'm disappointed that I can't play
it, but at least I haven't paid for it.

Maybe if all of those who bought it and experienced problems
requested a refund, the devs. might do something.

Note for Windows XP users, the developers website states
that this game is NOT compatable with XP.

Edited on 12/29/2014 at 9:19:04 AM PST

Go to: