Please post your REVIEWS for Runaway Geisha here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 17, 14 6:40 AM
Good morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Runaway Geisha here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Runaway Geisha.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Runaway Geisha here!

[Post New]by tootsiewo on Dec 18, 14 5:58 AM
I've played alot of these games, This one is the worst one I've played. No where you can get clues or walkabouts. I was very disappointed.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Dec 20, 14 11:22 AM

Many Thanks to the Devs for an all around
beautiful piece of work
And, please bring us Lots More!
=^,,^=
the kat
gma0trips

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 20, 14 9:57 PM
This is an odd sort of game. It was hard for me to figure out what I was supposed to do a lot of the time.
There aren't a lot of locations, you won't get lost. You're in a small area, under 10 scenes I'd guess. It's a period piece, Japan well before WWII. I didn't like the gameplay but I loved the story, artwork, and music. It's worth playing if you like that stuff.
I played the Premium Version and there didn't seem to be a bonus chapter. Maybe one was there, but I couldn't find it.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 22, 14 7:17 AM
I wasted 20 minutes of my life playing this awful game!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Dec 23, 14 3:32 AM
I liked this game a lot.
shagwendy wrote:...I loved the story, artwork, and music.
katbear50 wrote:...Many Thanks to the Devs for an all around beautiful piece of work.
And, please bring us Lots More!
The story setting and the characters are distinctive -- a small Japanese farm and village, and a young geisha-in-training, the geisha mistress, a teashop owner and her son, a seamstress, and more. The artwork and music are refreshing, out of the ordinary, and very beautiful.

And yes, tootsiewo, there are indeed clues available and a map, also voiceovers and a locking inventory!

The game play is fairly simple, although I did need to use the hint a few times. HOS are mixed as are the puzzles and not especially difficult. However this game held my interest all the way through the demo much more than a lot of the more complex games, and I would very much like to see more from this developer.

It's a definite buy for me!

Five

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 25, 15 6:45 PM
I just completed Runaway Geisha and thoroughly enjoyed it even with it shutting down twice due to "runtime error".
The storyline, music and graphics were superb and I hope the developer makes more for Big Fish but also hope they include a walkthrough and polish up some of the 'bugs'.
I'm going to give this one a out of a possible 5 .
The [for me] higher rating is for the graphics, storyline and music which I found delightful that for a change a game that wasn't full of dark dungeons & skeletons :/
The bugs hopefully wont be in their next game if one comes out.

Played on PC Desktop, Win7/64

Go to: