bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Cate West - The Velvet Keys forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 24, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Cate West - The Velvet Keys forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Cate West - The Velvet Keys players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Cate West - The Velvet Keys forum

[Post New]by Julayne on Apr 25, 09 5:35 AM
I'm playing the demo & I have activated the ossuary. However, nothing happens. I have only a man's face in a tank. Nothing to tell me what to do, no hints. I have clicked around. HELP!
Julayne

teebo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by teebo on Apr 25, 09 7:48 AM
I just finished the demo and I really liked the story line. It is different. But for me, and this is just my opinion, I feel that almost every screen takes me to some junk yard! Perhaps I should visit my local dump more often that I do, lol. I personaly have a hard time looking through "trash". However, I did enjoy it other than that.

I got about half way through the 2nd chapter during my one hour. No advise on the ossuary, Once I got past the mini game that opened it, everything happened automatically after that.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Apr 25, 09 9:12 AM
I like the variety of different things to do, but the mini games and putting memory articles together are way too easy.

I also find the scenes to be jumbled and crowded, I can't even tell what some of the items are supposed to be according to their name.

Why are some of the dialogue words written in brown? I went back and read instructions, but nothing mentioned.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 25, 09 9:57 AM
You are so right: I still am wondering about this game because although I think it's great, it really is so very messy. Not pleasurable to look at.

[Post New]by 1chevy2 on Apr 25, 09 11:23 AM
I too see only the mans' face in the tank and feel we all paid for a strategy guide that is totally useless. What a disappointment. I should be refunded for both the game and the guide!

flowerfan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Freeze Fix?

[Post New]by flowerfan on Apr 25, 09 12:14 PM
I read several posts concerning the freezing of the game at the "face in the tank" scene, yet I cannot locate any posts with suggestions, answers or a fix. Are we to just purchase the game and accept that it cannot be played?

[Post New]by GN_Captain on Apr 25, 09 12:38 PM
Hi flowerfan,
We're getting in touch with the players who encountered the freezing issue and we're working on fixing it.

We think that most of the folks who've played the game are not experiencing the problem, and several players have gone on to finish the game.

Thanks!

Edited on 04/25/2009 at 1:03:58 PM PST

[Post New]by Julayne on Apr 25, 09 3:57 PM
I uninstalled the game & reinstalled & everything went just fine from there. At least until my demo time ran out. Those are awfully junky scenes! Julayne

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Apr 27, 09 5:13 PM
If you are experiencing problems with Cate West, I would recommend contacting our Customer Support team. If it is an issue with the game, the Customer Support team will work with the developer to get it resolved.

You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

mo317
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mo317 on Apr 29, 09 2:55 PM
Should I purchase and work through Vanishing Files first; I have just purchased The Velvet Keys?

mph21
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mph21 on Apr 29, 09 3:27 PM
I have also reached the man's face and nothing further. What Now????

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on May 3, 09 10:56 PM
Please help me! I have been playing this game with ease until now. I am at a part where you have to construct these items finding the matching parts from the top and bottom scenes. I have found them all but the lantern. I wish I could remember what chapter I am on but must be near the end somewhere. I feel so stupid. Does anyone know where I am and can maybe help? I went to the walkthough and it does show a pic of all the many items circled but you sure can't make out what they are. THanks in advance.

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on May 4, 09 2:04 PM
Got it lol

[Post New]by myersly on May 13, 09 10:42 AM
I think I am near the end of the game. I have all of the mirror pieces, am in the room with the Mirror/Mirror and the twin roses. Have found all of the objects and have opened the mirror. I am supposed to set the clock behind the mirror but not matter what I set the clock at the game is not accepting it. The clock on th etable is at 9:00. Any suggestions?

Lynn

ElizaL
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ElizaL on Jun 14, 09 8:56 PM
I have tried repeatedly and just cannot do the puzzle showing the circuitry in chapters 9 and 11. Any suggestions on how to do it?

ElizaL
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ElizaL on Jun 14, 09 8:59 PM
myersly wrote:I think I am near the end of the game. I have all of the mirror pieces, am in the room with the Mirror/Mirror and the twin roses. Have found all of the objects and have opened the mirror. I am supposed to set the clock behind the mirror but not matter what I set the clock at the game is not accepting it. The clock on th etable is at 9:00. Any suggestions?

Lynn

ElizaL
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ElizaL on Jun 14, 09 9:01 PM
myersly wrote:I think I am near the end of the game. I have all of the mirror pieces, am in the room with the Mirror/Mirror and the twin roses. Have found all of the objects and have opened the mirror. I am supposed to set the clock behind the mirror but not matter what I set the clock at the game is not accepting it. The clock on th etable is at 9:00. Any suggestions?

Lynn

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jun 14, 09 10:02 PM
ElizaL wrote:I have tried repeatedly and just cannot do the puzzle showing the circuitry in chapters 9 and 11. Any suggestions on how to do it?

Hi ElizaL! Welcome to the forums!

Have you checked the walkthrough? The solutions are posted there:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/cate-west-the-velvet-keys-walkthrough

I hope this helps!

PrplDva

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 23, 09 7:06 AM
what a boring game!!