Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 18, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 12/18/2014 at 5:44:02 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Dec 18, 14 1:31 AM
Why is the discount not working. I have put this game into my cart and then added other CE games and put in HAUNTED and its telling me it does'nt apply to anything in my cart. It is charging me full price for each CE additional game and SE price for this game.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 18, 14 1:56 AM
Just a guess, elvenstardragon, but since I was purchasing only this game and was charged just one game club credit, I believe that the 1/2 price Developers Sale programming is still being used by the system.

They will probably get it straightened soon.

BK

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Dec 18, 14 2:21 AM
BearKat wrote:Just a guess, elvenstardragon, but since I was purchasing only this game and was charged just one game club credit, I believe that the 1/2 price Developers Sale programming is still being used by the system.

They will probably get it straightened soon.

BK

This happened to me also. Unfortunately I only received One punch for the purchase of the game. But, the game price was a great deal.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 18, 14 2:22 AM
Loving this game, but I can't use the custom mode as no matter what I turn off I still get sparkles?

Tried so many different configurations but had to give up and go for straight sparkle free mode in the end. Love being able to customise the game play so I get quicker hint/skip buttons.

I'm running the latest OS X Yosemite on my MacBook Pro, and all is up to date.

PS. I didn't see any discount on the game? It took 'two' of my credits to buy it.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 18, 14 2:25 AM
Contact Customer Service about the punches...they have been very good about adding them in or giving coupon....or in explaining what I did wrong.....but often still giving me a coupon anyway.

As to the discount not showing up in the shopping cart, that sometimes happens, and clears up if you close the browser window, and open a new one....
your purchases should still be there and your discount and punches should show up when you purchase the games.
This is usually what happens to me.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 18, 14 2:56 AM
Promotion Code didn't work for me either. I did get this game...but only received 1 punch code for it. Wrote to Big Fish about the issue.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 18, 14 3:27 AM
I chose the custom mode and opted for sparkles only to show the HOS, not for the active areas.

And guess what? The active areas are sparkling like a Christmas tree

Seems like the options are not so customisable after all.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 18, 14 4:11 AM
angelfish106 wrote:I chose the custom mode and opted for sparkles only to show the HOS, not for the active areas.

And guess what? The active areas are sparkling like a Christmas tree

Seems like the options are not so customisable after all.

Glad I'm not alone with the sparkle issue :-)) It's annoying but glad there was another option where sparkles demo don't appear!

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 18, 14 5:44 AM
Hey Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Dec 18, 14 10:24 AM
G'day,

I wanted to pop in and let you guys know that we are aware there is an error with how
Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition is being added to the cart and this is impacting users' ability to take part in today's promotion, and the number of punches being awarded to the punch card.

We are working on our end to correct the error and as we learn more about this we'll keep you updated.

bfgMurrumbidgee

eliplus74
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by eliplus74 on Dec 18, 14 1:00 PM
What is it with all those access violation errors in Elephant games lately? After barely managing to get through to the end of Dire Grove, Sacred Grove and not being able to play Game of Gods at all, again it is nearly impossible to play five minutes without getting booted out. I tried everything that is recommended on the help pages and a lot more the tech support walked me through when troubleshooting the latest MCF. The first time I got kicked out in the first HOS, now I cannot look through Isaac's diary. I give up for the time being. I'm playing on Windows 7 64 bit. Everything on my machine is updated. Is there some trick to it? I would really like to play the game.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 18, 14 2:12 PM
Hey Everyone

Really awesome news! The issue with Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition reading as a standard version in the shopping cart has been fixed. The game will now display as a Collector's Edition in the cart just like it should!

eliplus74, I'm really sorry to see these games have been disagreeing with your computer recently! I'm also truly sorry that troubleshooting has been unable to resolve the issue A really great way to make sure a game will work on your computer is to look at the system requirements listed on the game's page, as well as play the free trials.

I hope the next game you play works out much better

bfgVaiya

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 19, 14 12:17 AM
belamba wrote:Loving this game, but I can't use the custom mode as no matter what I turn off I still get sparkles?

Tried so many different configurations but had to give up and go for straight sparkle free mode in the end. Love being able to customise the game play so I get quicker hint/skip buttons.

I'm running the latest OS X Yosemite on my MacBook Pro, and all is up to date.

PS. I didn't see any discount on the game? It took 'two' of my credits to buy it.

I am also running OS 10.9 on an iMac . There are a lot of issues with the difficulty modes. I also have sparkles on active areas even though I shut all sparkles off in Custom. So I switched to "Hard" mode, and in that mode, I had no sparkles, but I also had no cursor indicators (did not change to hand or magnifier).

eliplus74
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by eliplus74 on Dec 19, 14 9:41 AM
bfgVaiya,

I was, of course, talking about the demo. It's still sad, that apparently Elephant games are no longer for me. Also, technically, my computer meets the requirements as specified on the page. It's true that my CPU is very slightly slower than recommended but that doesn't seem to matter much with other games.

[Post New]by fridayschild613 on Dec 21, 14 3:02 PM
Can someone help with this game running really slow please. I'm using Windows 8, 64-bit, and this is the only game that runs slow. My computer is more than fast enough to run any game but when I try to play this one it stutters really bad. When the game is running, the CPU and everything is running below 20%. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, updated the drivers, and ran the game as an administrator but still have the same issue. Thanks in advance.

[Post New]by kaywofct on Dec 23, 14 11:31 AM

I have AdWare to block malware and I disabled it Before I disabled it,It told me it is malware and asks if I still want to install it. I marked it as a keeper and was again questioned.
The game is in my Game Manager, but will not load.

And I get an error code 703, but everything I checked out for it was correct.

Thank you, Kathy

Edited on 12/23/2014 at 11:34:02 AM PST

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Dec 26, 14 9:32 AM
I have to exit to the main menu to get to the strategy guide in the bonus game. In the main game, I could access it within the game, but now that I'm in the bonus game, I have to exit to the main menu in order to view it. The place it normally sits is just a blank green space. Having to exit out to the main menu every time I want to look at something will be a royal pain. Someone already responded to a thread I started and they told me that they still have the strategy guide available within the game so it's likely a glitch.

I am using Windows 7, and my computer more than meets the minimum requirements by a lot. Also, to my knowledge, all of my drivers are up to date. Unfortunately, the majority of the collector's editions I've bought lately have had glitches in them, and those glitches are ones that many other fishies have experienced. This is getting old. At least I haven't had any access violations like most of the other games I mentioned, so I guess that's something to be grateful for.

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on Dec 31, 14 11:26 AM
I have a Mac OS 10.9.5 I am hung up on a HO scene where you find parts of a dragon except the last dragon piece is hidden behind a 'door' that is supposed to open when you find all the hidden objects. Unfortunately it did not open like the others did (there are 4 pieces) and now I can't finish the scene. I will go through the uninstalling stuff but doubt it will make a difference.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 4, 15 9:44 PM
During the fire scene if you do not go in order of the exact steps you get stuck and cannot go any further in game....

No fix yet.

Go to: