bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fill And Cross Christmas Riddles here.

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 18, 14 11:33 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fill And Cross Christmas Riddles here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fill And Cross Christmas Riddles.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

happyjak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fill And Cross Christmas Riddles here.

[Post New]by happyjak on Dec 23, 14 1:58 AM
I have just paid for this game without demoing it as I love these grid games (especially gizmos) and lo and behold I have 60 out of 60 stars on each level already I think this game has just been renamed and I am not happy at all !!!!! Has anyone else noticed this ?

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 23, 14 9:24 AM
happyjak wrote:I have just paid for this game without demoing it as I love these grid games (especially gizmos) and lo and behold I have 60 out of 60 stars on each level already I think this game has just been renamed and I am not happy at all !!!!! Has anyone else noticed this ?

Hi Happyjak ,

I don't understand why the game has been renamed !

Only I played the demo and I liked it a lot!

Have Happy Holidays ,
M.

[Post New]by bluesclue131 on Dec 23, 14 1:37 PM
I just bought the game and it will not let me play, not happy at all.

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Dec 24, 14 2:30 AM
I'm glad that I purchased this. Love the music and the graphics. Only one thing that the developers should work at. Is the auto filled. You can have it on or off. The reason why I'm mention this is because every time I fill in with 0 sometimes I get an error (I forget it's the right not the left) All in all, love the game.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 1, 15 7:08 PM

I have conquered rooms one and two, and I have yet to stumble across any of the "Christmas Riddles" this game's title promises.

You play a regular mosaic game (it is a mosaic game; it is nothing like a Sudoku game). However, due to the lack of contrast between active and inactive squares, it is almost impossible to determine a picture; in my experience, each puzzle appeared to be a random placement of active and inactive squares.

Above it says, "Solve all of Santa's riddles and get 120 presents..." Where are the riddles? Are the mosaic games supposed to be riddles? In my world, a riddle is a word game, usually containing irony, that must be solved by logic.

I have loved all of the mosaic games I have played here at BFG and other locations. They are great fun. But this game is awful. It never even tells you what the picture was supposed to be. And, I didn't even realize these mosaic games WERE creating pictures until I came back here and looked at the screenshots and saw that they were pictures.

Others may have gotten further and found another aspect of this game not yet revealed after completion of 20 mosaic puzzles. If so, I stand corrected. I just don't think there is anything else here.

Oh, and as for needing hints, beginners probably need to rely on hints, but any player who is at least an intermediate player should be able to quickly begin to recognize the strategies that are required to complete these puzzles.

I'll admit – I'm not in favor of using hints at all. I believe they are a crutch that lazy people lean on instead of sticking it out on puzzles and taking the time to figure them out, even if that means leaving the puzzle until tomorrow and beginning again with fresh eyes. It is only by doing this that players can begin to progress to the intermediate and expert levels.

And finally, when I see someone who has "Expert" under his or her name and then talks about hints in games or how quickly it takes for them to engage, then it is clear that player is no expert.

Expert players don't use hints! If you are using hints, you aren't an expert.

All my best to my fellow fishies!

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 7:08:31 PM PST

Go to: