gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

Undicided

[Post New]by gameslvr on Apr 25, 09 6:08 PM
I played the demo and wasn't that knocked out about it. Seemed kind of weird. Undecided whether or not to buy, just to get my MO game fix. Anybody with an opinion on how good the game gets?

P.s. For those who complain that a game is too short --- think about the price of a movie thats about and hour and a half long and you pay what for it?

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

Re:Undicided

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 25, 09 6:18 PM
I am SOOOO with you on the price of a game here vs. movie tickets!

I would suggest if you didn't think much of the demo that perhaps you go look over Felix's Favorites, the full list at the bottom of the page, and see if maybe there isn't an older game that you may have missed that you might really enjoy. I did that myself with one. Newer doesn't always mean better. Or so I keep telling my husband.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Apr 25, 09 6:34 PM
Thanks Kish --- and keep reminding your husband of that! LOL

Sorry about misspelling.

Nightowl52
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Nightowl52 on Apr 25, 09 8:45 PM
I would suggest that you get this game. I just finished it and it is a longer game. The mini games are challenging. I enjoyed the fact that it has both the timed & relaxed modes, and according to the instructions, depending on your score there are different endings . I got the 2nd best ending the first time thru in relaxed. Story was good. The Hidden objects do get easier to find as you search the same scene several times, but they do add somethings, once in a scene it asked for 3 gift boxes, later in the game it asked for 5.

I enjoy the HO games and this one was very good. Hope you enjoy it.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 25, 09 8:59 PM
If it is like the first Cate West, about the only way to get the highest score is in timed mode as the amount you get for each level is much higher.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 26, 09 8:36 AM
It has the same features of the first game and then some. There are a couple of teists on the Soit-The-Diff. If you liked those in the first game you will probably love them in this one. If you don't like them, there may be too many for you here. Some minis have been added. there are some sliders where you have to get a key out of a box by slifing. There is also a Concentration type match game.

I find this game tough and I am playing in relaxed mode. I love it though, I think it is much better than the first game. I really dislike Spot-The-Diff but am enjoying thiem in this game. I do wish there were fewer of them because I usually get really tired and have to stop playing for a while after one of those

Hailstar07
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Hailstar07 on Apr 29, 09 7:53 AM
Yah I'm a bit undecided too, got up to Chapter 5 on the hour demo, and apparently there is only 12 chapters, so not sure if I will buy it. Having said that, the HO sections are really challenging, which makes a nice change from the games where each object you need sticks out like a sore thumb! Probably will buy, if only to make up the numbers on the Felix promotion

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Apr 29, 09 8:32 PM
Thanks to all for replying. Your input really helps!

pocojazz
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by pocojazz on Jan 14, 10 9:32 AM
The first Cate was far superior to this one. Not as much repetitive play with the other one. The story lines in these games are pretty good, but I agree this one is the same stuff over and over. The graphics aren't that great either.

A shame because I loved the first one. I beta'd this one and I guess my comments were ignored. Nobody likes playing a HOG with bad graphics.

Poco

WAGirl_98
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by WAGirl_98 on May 8, 10 12:25 AM
I love the Cate West games - the second is much better than the first. I keep hoping that a new one will come out this year!

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 8, 10 2:06 AM
I brought it when it first came out....I liked it .so did my grandkids
I think at 2.99 +30% off u just cant go wrong

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on May 8, 10 3:14 AM
I bought straight away at this price. Had enjoyed the demo when it first came out but not got round to buying it. Something else always seemed that bit better, lol.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 8, 10 3:38 AM
at 2.99 +30% off u just cant go wrong

Just to avoid disappointment: The game page says "30% OFF all $6.99 games". As Cate West is the daily deal today, no more discount from the 2.99. Still a good bargain for a HOG with some variety as mentioned here. Thanks for the opinions!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on May 8, 10 8:39 AM
oh yay!!! I have been wanting this game but have been on the fence about paying a full credit's worth for it. Daily deal...def. buy! Yay!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on May 8, 10 11:17 AM
I played the first for free with ads, and really didn't like it. Too much hog and not really much interactive. I LOVE key sliders, though, so it's tempting. I guess I'll try the demo and decide if I can tolerate the h-o parts to get to the puzzles, LOL.

I do hope the graphics are better than the first. They were horrible, and with tiny objects, you can bet I used a lot of hints.

Go to: