Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 10, 12 3:32 PM
ccalvert2007 wrote:Theres still something Bothering me about "THE HOUSE THAT WASNT THERE"

I cant quite put my finger on it, but theres something funny about it...

It bothers me that they couldn't get a photo of it looking anything other than it did before the fire! Sooooo creepy!

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Nov 10, 12 3:47 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:
ccalvert2007 wrote:Just looked at the poster again (I love it. Nice work BFG)

What if the object the boy & Doc are holding is a tusk or horn rather than an actual rune stone and the symbals are some sort of curse/spell that has shook the town?

It could be a scrimshaw, carved by a possessed mariner way back!

I am thinking scrimshaw too. Wanted to post that when I first saw the pic but did not think it had any bearing.

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 10, 12 3:49 PM
New jigsaw puzzle just put up on facebook. Another one on Drawn (but I don't think it has to do with MCF)

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 10, 12 3:49 PM
Jigsaw puzzle to complete on MCF FB. That's going to take a little while!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 10, 12 3:58 PM
Well rats - just lost this post...trying again

dogmama - well said!! and hope your doggie is much better today!

sas - true, though many of the theories we've tossed about have "been done" before - they've been done incredibly well in various books/stories by great authors! There are a million ways to tell a tale & we pretty much all agree the last 8 MCF offerings have been well told tales! No one thinks you're a baddie!! Everyone just likes to have their voice heard!!

ccal - yep - that sentence has been bugging me too! If I can stay awake long enough today I may follow that nagging sense somewhere (or toss some Niquil at it & get veeery creative!)

The rune carved item does look like it could be a stone or a tusk or bone. Have we dug into runes (pun intended)...I think of them as Nordic (though I know they are no exclusively) & Nords did come to the Americas prior to Columbus...I think around Nova Scotia? Some theorize they came down the Eastern Sea Coast - I think as far as the Carolinas before giving up on the continent. They would have passed through Maine - heck they pratically landed there anyway!!

Could still tie in to DG as Nordic/Celtic myths cross over (as did the cultures)...

Off to look at the new puzzle.

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 4:00:21 PM PST

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 10, 12 3:59 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:
ccalvert2007 wrote:Theres still something Bothering me about "THE HOUSE THAT WASNT THERE"

I cant quite put my finger on it, but theres something funny about it...

It bothers me that they couldn't get a photo of it looking anything other than it did before the fire! Sooooo creepy!

There is one of it one fire.

[Post New]by Melody001 on Nov 10, 12 4:00 PM
Did anyone notice the Pic on FB is the hall table from Dire Grove? It's the one at the top of the stairs with the bathroom to the left and the hallway that leads to the bedrooms on the right.

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 4:06:31 PM PST

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 10, 12 4:13 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:Jigsaw puzzle to complete on MCF FB. That's going to take a little while!
You may have a puzzle within a puzzle...I found 2 upper left corners together with matching sides.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 10, 12 4:15 PM
Well golly - I have 4 whole pieces together...do you feel like the little kid whose parent's have given them a busy work task so we'll leave them alone on a rainy Saturday?

Wish I could turn the darn timer off...I don't really want to know how long this will take me

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 10, 12 4:19 PM
Melody001 wrote:Did anyone notice the Pic on FB is the hall table from Dire Grove? It's the one at the top of the stairs with the bathroom to the left and the hallway that leads to the bedrooms on the right.

I saw that Melody. That's where soap was misspelled. Started to play Dire Grove again this morning. And Huntsville! So glad it went on sale. I lost my last copy on an old computer and it was the only MCF I didn't have. My collection is complete!
Well, almost complete. I have a special spot saved on my desktop reserved for Shadow Lake.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 10, 12 4:19 PM
dogmama wrote:
Purplerabbit wrote:Jigsaw puzzle to complete on MCF FB. That's going to take a little while!
You may have a puzzle within a puzzle...I found 2 upper left corners together with matching sides.

Oh no - it's worse than that - you can TURN the pieces - hold left mouse button & click right mouse button to turn *sigh*

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 10, 12 4:25 PM
The puzzle is from the concept art of Jeff Haynie. It's called RTR oceanside. Just go google him, don't go to blog, but "art of" and then go to concept art. It's there. I knew the picture but couldn't place it at first <LOL>.
Going to post it on FB

bekair
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by bekair on Nov 10, 12 4:26 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:
ccalvert2007 wrote:Just looked at the poster again (I love it. Nice work BFG)

What if the object the boy & Doc are holding is a tusk or horn rather than an actual rune stone and the symbals are some sort of curse/spell that has shook the town?

It could be a scrimshaw, carved by a possessed mariner way back!

weissvonnix identifed that object as a RUNE - several pages ago - seemed to know a lot about it.

I believe that the other guy (doc) is ALSO holding a RUNE.

BFG has used runes in a few of their games, but I've never seen scrimshaw.

I guess it dosn't mean they can't.

bbt

ccalvert2007
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ccalvert2007 on Nov 10, 12 4:26 PM
If any fishies attempting to do the jigsaw on FB and find a clue, share it with us please!

I would attempt it, but i actually have no patience

mouldmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,127 Posts

[Post New]by mouldmom on Nov 10, 12 4:27 PM
I just can't...OMG

bekair
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by bekair on Nov 10, 12 4:28 PM
dogmama wrote:
Mr_Russ wrote:
butterflyshrimp wrote:You Reap What You Sew
That's funny. You sew cloth and sow seeds.
Actually, in the case of Dr Frankenstein, I do believe he put stitches in the monster and was killed by him. So he actually reaped what he sewed .

mama - I just can't believe YOU said that (sounds like something from me)

bbt

Enamorte
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Enamorte on Nov 10, 12 4:30 PM
I am working on the jigsaw puzzle right now. I really ought to be working on something else, but I've gotten stuck into this. I'll see how far I can get with it.

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 10, 12 4:52 PM
Enamorte wrote:I am working on the jigsaw puzzle right now. I really ought to be working on something else, but I've gotten stuck into this. I'll see how far I can get with it.

You are brave. Very very brave.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 10, 12 4:57 PM
Let's see...57 minutes & I'm 15% complete...oh...my...this will take a bit I think I prefer binary now...

larwen
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by larwen on Nov 10, 12 5:00 PM
So I did the much easier MCF badge. Does that count?
Worked on the other one for about 10 minutes,
thought I was going to pull my hair out when I had only matched like 8 pieces.
Think I'm going to leave that one to you, Enamorte.

Go to: