bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Memories of a Bright Summer here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 19, 14 6:05 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hidden Memories of a Bright Summer here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hidden Memories of a Bright Summer.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

Edited on 12/19/2014 at 6:05:51 AM PST

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Memories of a Bright Summer here!

[Post New]by wyebank on Dec 19, 14 8:33 AM
Hi folks, this game is so slow and boring I actually fell asleep at my PC whilst playing
enough said I think !

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Dec 19, 14 10:44 AM
RE: wyebank. Same here. Well my cat fell asleep on my lap that is. I think it is a nice easy HOG for beginners or kids. HOS are clear and there are several kinds of groups of items to find. Only played 9 min so don't know if there is anything else to do later.

[Post New]by clive62 on Dec 19, 14 11:13 AM
Completely boring game only 10 mins and then switched off

maizijane
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by maizijane on Dec 19, 14 1:46 PM
I have played this game before and forgot that I did. It is definitely boring and some of the hidden objects are very obscure. My old eyes were being strained too much. I don't recommend this game.

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Dec 19, 14 2:47 PM
Just tossing my 3 coins in the fountain, er, pond-I enjoyed this game-It's cute, progressing levels are not as easy as the first ones, but I found it relaxing-Would I always want this low level of challenge? No, I love to use my 'wits' to figure out clues-But I play for fun and this game was just that, fun-I had just entered the house when time ran out so don't know what might lurk inside-However, I explored the whole yard and only found hogs so I suspect this is a straight hog game-I will buy this when we have a sale-Try for yourself-You just might like it, too!!!

[Post New]by rokinrobin0599 on Dec 19, 14 6:45 PM
Well what can I say...Here is an hour I'll never get back. Boring is the word, and what was the reason for all the running around? No buy for me. Would like to see more seasonal games.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 20, 14 3:48 PM
I must be on a retro game kick lately, I enjoyed this one. You have to use the magnifying glass to really see the items but it isn't much of a hardship since you can scan the entire area in about four swipes. The artwork is kind of old timey 3D but the story itself is very good. Lots of reading but the dialog and notebooks are very well written and actually quite intriguing.

Unfortunately the hint doesn't work outside of the hidden object scenes but the dog does tell you if you're finished in that area. I should have taken notes to remind myself where I have to return because now I'm not certain where I have to go and I'm not thrilled about having to revisit every area.

Still, it's a fun game if you have the patience for it.

tessalu
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tessalu on Dec 21, 14 9:12 PM
Is this comparable to MCF or Dark Parables or any those types of games? No. Is it a fun, EASY, stressless way to spend a bit of time? Yes. This is a good game for beginners and those who don't really want to strain the ol' brain. And sometimes that's all thats needed. Graphics are okay, some objects PITA to find but did like the magnifier option. I leave sound off so was not as annoyed by dog as others. This game very much resembled HOGs as they were a few years ago. Story is okay but made me a bit sad as it reminded me of the cute old house down the street from me that the owner demolished and I am sure it was full of wonderful old things. Dog telling me I was done in certain areas helpful (take note here game developers - some of us hate all that running back and forth to areas we finished.)
Other than that, it was allright. Do I want to pay full price for this? Not much....Overall rating - 6.

tessalu
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tessalu on Jan 12, 15 7:15 PM
I revise my review - DOWNWARD. Very frustrating game. Found myself running in circles way too often and some items were impossible to find (oh, hmmm could that be the tablet pieces? Insert eye roll here...) I had to give up on this game - so annoying. My new review - 4 and I'm being nice.

Go to: