catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's New Beginning here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 20, 14 1:07 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 7:24:12 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's New Beginning here!

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 20, 14 2:04 AM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 12:17:02 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 20, 14 2:33 AM
I used to love the early 'Delicious Deluxe' games, which then morphed into these more cluttered versions. I liked them as they were but I suppose things have to move on! And I'm quite surprised to see this game today, as none of the other 'Delicious' games have been offered here before. I assume that was because the developer was also a portal for other games, so something must have changed for BFG to suddenly offer this newest 'Delicious'.

But it's just too over-complicated for my liking. Picking certain items for certain types of customers is just time-consuming; why not just have the items added as the game progresses, like it used to be? Some customers like the baby and some don't, so you're constantly having to watch to see if she upsets them and then pick her up. I didn't mind that, nor searching for the mouse but the complicated cafe menu options make this game feel disjointed; it doesn't flow as well as the others. And there is just way too much dialogue

Otherwise it's basically the same game as all the others, so if you liked those you'll like this! All the characters are back, the graphics are colourful and the music is annoying. But I think I've moved on from these Delicious games now; I tried the last one (Wonder Wedding) and didn't care for it at all. I might go for the SE if there's nothing else around at the time but definitely not this CE.

I am glad though to see something other than a HOPA being released as a Saturday CE, although no doubt there will be many disappointed fishies not happy with it. I remember the fuss made when the last Royal Envoy game was the Saturday CE But everyone has different tastes in games and it's good that BFG try and cater to them all. I do like a good TM game and can't wait for Gardens Inc. 3!

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 2:36:50 AM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Dec 20, 14 3:30 AM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 12:23:06 PM PST

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Dec 20, 14 4:23 AM
Give it a chance

Emily has a cult following !!!

Personally- I'm not wild that they had a kid so soon

One or two games as married w/o kid could have been fantastic

But- Paige is here & growing fast....

C

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Dec 20, 14 4:59 AM
This is latest Emily game but this one seems to be going back to the time when the games were fun and challenging - like the one where she had to choose between two guys (or not). For a while in the later versions the story was given more preference than the actual game play. I did not get that impression here. Although there was still the story line I didn't encounter endless cut-scenes as in some of the versions (they were not here at BF).

It is basically a diner dash type game, however there are a few differences.

Most days there is something extra going on, it is objects to find or extra tasks to complete for points and these you need to do as you have time amongst serving the customers. (These are optional.)

This version has an added extra in that they give you a forecast of the customers and you have to choose the menu based on that forecast. This adds a level of challenge to the game. You can choose your menu every day.

On every level there is also a hidden mouse that you can find for extra points.

This game is proper time management as you have to manage a lot going on at the same time and if you don't manage it then you won't get three stars. I think there would be a lot of replaying to get the three stars, I wasn't getting them on all the demo levels and I've played these games a lot in the past. I think here your menu choice would also have an impact as it affects your tips etc. It can become a click frenzy, however, there is a lot of strategy, like preparing certain foods ahead of time and keeping a prepared one in your tray that can make all the difference to your game.

I am not a fan of collector's editions but this one has an extra restaurant in as part of the bonus - so that would be about an hour to 90 minutes extra play.

I recommend this game for the Emily and Diner Dash lovers and others who just want a fun challenging game.

(Note to those who like me can't stand the music on - this game won't allow you to switch the audio off until well into the game, so mute your audio on your pc before opening this game!)

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Dec 20, 14 5:04 AM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 12:17:43 PM PST

mooskilady
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mooskilady on Dec 20, 14 5:13 AM
Played the platinum edition on another site and love it. Yes, the Emily games have a cult following. Very challenging at times with a continuing story line. Very surprised to see it here!

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 5:13:24 AM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Dec 20, 14 6:30 AM
I am disappointed again, you have put out too many games for kids lately, Having to resort to past games or games from other sites. I would like to see more adult game like Puppet Show, Dark Parables etc then the one today. You have them out for most of week & look forward to Thursday & Saturday. I guess this weekend I will be at a different site.

Also I think doing the same thing over & over again is very boring that is why I don't play dash games or 3 Match etc

[Post New]by pjdbuckeye7 on Dec 20, 14 6:50 AM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 12:19:17 PM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 20, 14 7:24 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Delicious: Emily's New Beginning Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Delicious: Emily's New Beginning Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 20, 14 7:28 AM
If you've played the Emily games before & liked them, you should like this one. I do not consider it a Dash-type game. I find those too frantic. The Emily games are much more story driven & can be played in easy, normal, & hard modes with 3 star levels in each so you can play it at your level of speed & still move ahead to the next level.

An added feature in this game is that you are told what percentage of each type of customer is coming in & what they like so you can plan your menu accordingly. Baby Paige is also present which some customers like & some don't so you have to see when to let her crawl around & when to put her in her playpen.

I think the Emily series is one of the best, along with the Gardens Inc. series & glad to see a TM game that is not the Royal Envoy, resources management type.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 20, 14 8:19 AM
I've been a massive fan of the Emily story since the very first one and was as surprised as everyone else that this was here - then again, I know the story behind the dispute and now that BFG is owned by someone else, it shouldn't surprise those in the know.

I bought this from the developer weeks ago and played it all through twice. The difference is in the customers who come in every day with their dislikes and likes (both in terms of liking Paige and the food) so you have to think about how to distribute the menu. You also have to keep a careful eye on where Paige crawls. It's best to (literally) put her on her perch and keep her there in some places.

Your menus depend on what you choose between the customers coming in; added to that (if you are familiar with Emily games) you have your 'in-level' mini games to solve (as well as keeping Paige away from customers who don't like her), like cleaning up after Francois who seems to be the worst waiter ever etc.

Early Emily games didn't go into much of the storyline; perhaps because it didn't become apparent until later years just how popular this series is to those of us who love it. Now we've had her childhood memories, a stab at a television cooking chef career (she didn't like that one much ) to finding her True Love, her Wonder Wedding and a Honeymoon Cruise. Now Paige is here and it's even more challenging.

Please Studio (you know who you are) keep Emily going and bring them here. What's next? Emily's 'Little Helper"? As long as this dev is doing so well with this franchise, I can't see it going anywhere. Well done. I've loved 10 years of it.....

Got Gold on all levels and even figured out the secret "Edward" award. A first for me.

Love you guys. Come on Emily November 2015

BTW: I can't say for certain, but the CE includes 10 levels which are Christmas Based.

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 2:04:46 AM PST

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Dec 20, 14 8:33 AM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 12:31:17 PM PST

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Dec 20, 14 8:36 AM
I have all the Emily games and love them all. This is probably my least favorite. I've played it twice already and that baby is really gets on your nerves at times. The menu planning was different but I'm not sure it was needed. I liked it better when the foods came up as you played through the levels. The best section of the game was the last level. It is a holiday level and was enjoyable. The levels I enjoyed the most in this game were the ones where a family member came and took the baby for the day. My favorites on these was Taste of Fame and True Love. I also don't see the need for a platinum edition of the game with this type of game. To charge extra for one level is not necessary.

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Dec 20, 14 8:37 AM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 12:20:04 PM PST

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 20, 14 9:18 AM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 12:20:42 PM PST

blackbirdess
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by blackbirdess on Dec 20, 14 10:21 AM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 12:21:08 PM PST

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Dec 20, 14 12:08 PM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 12:22:04 PM PST

Cryst1781
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Cryst1781 on Dec 21, 14 6:48 AM
I tried this game out and I don't understand why it has to go from easy and suddenly incredibly complicated in a matter of 5 days open. All of a sudden I have to make pie to hand out, serve customers, with an increasingly more difficult menu (bake a pie, pick fruit for pie, multi layered sandwiches, drinks that you have to watch) plus watch Paige and catch her, plus clean, plus cash. It isn't fun if it goes from zero to a hundred in the snap of a finger.

I try these games but I am always annoyed. I guess they are just not for me.

Go to: