catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's New Beginning here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 20, 14 1:09 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! It might help to include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 7:23:45 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's New Beginning here!

[Post New]by rokinrobin0599 on Dec 20, 14 4:37 AM
The game will not open, using Google or internet explorer.

robinr_67
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by robinr_67 on Dec 20, 14 5:29 AM
I also can't get the game to open. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but when I click on play, nothing happens. The cursor spins for a moment, then just goes away.

Lisa_41
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_41 on Dec 20, 14 7:18 AM
Same here

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 20, 14 7:23 AM
Hi there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

honest2
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by honest2 on Dec 20, 14 7:54 AM
its refusing to play guys.-- PC. Windows 7. 64 bit

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 10:54:47 AM PST

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on Dec 20, 14 11:01 AM
I can't get it to open either -- Windows 7.

[Post New]by hulder333 on Dec 20, 14 11:04 AM
The game does not start when I press Play. Windows 7, 32 bits, PC. System is updated on everything and then some.

honest2
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by honest2 on Dec 20, 14 11:36 AM
updated adobe shockwave and flash - still doesn't play.
PC. Windows 7. 64bit

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 11:38:09 AM PST

[Post New]by rokinrobin0599 on Dec 20, 14 3:35 PM
I started the thread, played this game in Game house site and worked fine. I also have windows 7 completely updated. Went to HELP which was no help. Dropped an e-mail they will get back 24-72 hours, that will start Monday, I'll be lucky if it's Friday. Last time I had to write 3 times before they got back to me 3 weeks later. Good luck to all of us.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 20, 14 4:12 PM
Playing Windows 8... Game has stopped, asked for installation of DirectPlay. What is this? Will it harm my computer?

[Post New]by Packer_Backer on Dec 20, 14 6:09 PM
To repeat:

I've downloaded and installed this demo twice. Every time I try to run the game, it sets one of my other currently-installed games on the "waiting to activate" list. I have yet to get into this game.

Windows 7, 4G RAM, all sorts of browsers. 64-bit OS. Windows updates are current.

UPDATE: my Windows does auto-updates but I forced another check. I chose to upgrade my optional display but four Windows "important" updates came up, most involving Microsoft Visual C++. After restarting my system, the angels sang and I got through the demo.

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 8:06:15 PM PST

ASForbes
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ASForbes on Dec 20, 14 6:33 PM
I have un-installed and re-installed 3 times to no avail, Demo will not open. Sorry, but I will not buy an unknown game without trying it out first!

[Post New]by rokinrobin0599 on Dec 20, 14 6:34 PM
Seems we are all having the same trouble. Please post if any trouble shooting works for anyone or hears from help desk. Thanks

melissaga
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by melissaga on Dec 20, 14 7:01 PM
Having the same issues here, game will not play. Have uninstalled and installed twice. Never had this issue before!

[Post New]by ano1942 on Dec 20, 14 10:33 PM
I'm having trouble with the burgers. They keep disappearing before I can get them served.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 21, 14 2:20 AM
catbag8717 wrote:Playing Windows 8... Game has stopped, asked for installation of DirectPlay. What is this? Will it harm my computer?

'DirectPlay is a high-level software interface between applications and communication services that makes it easy to connect games over the Internet, a modem link, or a network'.

I think it was once part of DirectX. And no, it shouldn't harm your PC.

Incidentally, I have Win7 64 bit on a desktop PC and this game ran perfectly.

Lisa_41
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_41 on Dec 21, 14 7:26 AM
I guess what stumps me is that the game works if I download it from ****, but not when I download it from BF. Why would that be? I would rather buy it from BF as I am a member. I am no longer a member at ****.

Lisa_41
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_41 on Dec 21, 14 7:27 AM
Really? I can't initialize Game House? ****

[Post New]by mrv3000 on Dec 21, 14 8:19 AM
I'm having the same issue that it won't play. I did send in a help ticket, but I'm bummed - I was looking forward to playing it today.

Go to: