MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Delicious Series - Why Now?

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Dec 20, 14 9:33 AM
The Delicious Series has been a TM staple for years now. And because the BFG founder and CEO once worked at that 'other' site and had a falling out, they were never able to publish any game developed by the site that shall be nameless.

So, why now? What changed? I just read on the web this morning that Churchill Downs (the Racetrack operator) acquired BFG for $ 885 million just last month. Perhaps the change of ownership effected this. And why the 11th game of this series finally made it here.

Any other thoughts?

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 9:34:16 AM PST

blackbirdess
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Delicious Series - Why Now?

[Post New]by blackbirdess on Dec 20, 14 9:44 AM
As far as other posts I've seen I think it's down to the change of ownership...they seemed to be doing well enough distributing it elsewhere for years where it's hotly anticipated.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Dec 20, 14 10:09 AM
I was wondering the same thing, but the other site imo is the best around. I even like them better than Bigfish.

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Dec 20, 14 10:36 AM
Because us TM'ers need more time management games.

Who cares if BF was first to the party or last to the party? I'm just glad they showed up. ROFL

Delicious series is one of the best TM series out there. I'm glad they put their differences aside and offered Delicious.

Perhaps they will offer some of the older games in the future. I have some of them but not all. I couldn't stand that other site.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Dec 20, 14 10:44 AM
You can get the whole series on another site for two funtickets. Why spend all the money buying them individually which is what I did when now you don't have to?

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Dec 20, 14 11:09 AM
I'm just thrilled that BF is offering Emily's New Beginning! I already bought it from one of the two other sites (at least) that sell it (I also own the rest of the series). I hope they offer all of the Delicious series to our TM fans here, and I really hope they offer the THREE new games the developer has said will be coming out in the next year -- I can't wait!

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 20, 14 11:09 AM
The only game I didn't play was the one the other site released in weekly episodes. That angered me so I refused to play on principle. I was a member of that site years ago but I really didn't like them and their selection was nothing compared to here.

I'm still so surprised to see this game here.

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 11:43:47 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Dec 20, 14 11:27 AM
metmichallica wrote:You can get the whole series on another site for two funtickets. Why spend all the money buying them individually which is what I did when now you don't have to?

Some of us can't use that other site because of technical issues, no support or useless support, constant spam that you can't unsubscribe from ... so I'm happy to see the games here. Actually what I get from 99% of their games is that it simply downloads a completely different game - normally one that is huge - like 900mb - instead of the one you've clicked on. I gave up on them.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Dec 20, 14 12:29 PM
I do remember another person complaining about the same game being downloaded all the time. They told them to get in touch with their isp and it was a problem with the isp.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 20, 14 12:37 PM
I left that site years ago because of download problems. It would take hours to download any game and tech support was non-existent. Since they didn't seem to care, I cancelled my membership. That meant I had no games because I paid a monthly fee to access all their games so I didn't actually own any of the games. Not that big a deal since I rarely play HOPAs a second time but I lost all the TM games I liked.

I know their downloads are better now because I've purchased a few Delicious games from them in the past few years but there's nothing about them that would make me consider going back.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Dec 20, 14 12:47 PM
I don't have Funpass. I own all my games. It sucks you lost games. I had an unlimited subscription like that once before years ago and I had to cancel due to lack of money and I lost everything. It was with my former isp.

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 12:47:51 PM PST

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 20, 14 12:54 PM
Like I said, it wasn't that big a deal. I rarely replay games so.... But considering it took hours to download a game, I couldn't play anything new either. I also really don't like the interface of their site. Haha, I sound like a chronic complainer.

I had visited a week or so ago and saw there was a new Delicious game but didn't buy it. So pleased to see if here. I haven't demoed it yet as I'm playing on my iPad. Once I find the energy, I'll go get my laptop.

I wish we would get at least one good quality TM game a month. Just one. Not strategy, not builder, not match 3 but a good, solid TM game that didn't seem like some kid created it in a day.

Pippin1978
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Pippin1978 on Dec 20, 14 1:54 PM
AMEN to ALL. Was SO surprised to see it offered on Bigfish as tomorrow's game. Have already played it to completion after getting it from Ga*******. It's one of the BEST TM series out there. Very interesting indeed.

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Dec 20, 14 2:05 PM
Yes, why now? AFTER I HAD TO PAY $20 FOR IT AT THE OTHER SITE?!?!

I HATE that other site and had problems with them my bank had to help me solve...but they were the only place I could buy the Emily games, and I have them all and love them. If I would have known BF was going to start with this one, it would have saved me $12 and a lot of stress. Grrrrrrrrrr............

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Dec 20, 14 2:30 PM
Persistent_Cat wrote:
I wish we would get at least one good quality TM game a month. Just one. Not strategy, not builder, not match 3 but a good, solid TM game that didn't seem like some kid created it in a day.
I am right there with you. I love TM games and they seem to be far and few between, GOOD ones anyway.

Also FYI, this is not the first Delicious game that BF has offered. I checked my purchase history and I purchased Delicious Deluxe from BF back on 8-20-06. I own all the others, but had to get them from a different site.

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 3:45:06 PM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Dec 21, 14 3:35 PM
I just realized that BFG released another game a few days ago by the "developer that shall not be named" titled "Runaway Geisha". So it appears that this is the second release since the new acquisition.

poetforhim
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by poetforhim on Dec 24, 14 1:11 PM
I am actually glad that BF got this game!!!! I too have tech difficulties with that other game site and this game on the developers site is 49.95! I have played all the other Emily games and love this series! On the other game site, I hated you had to wait for the next installment too and one of the main reasons I stopped using it besides the tech difficulties.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Dec 24, 14 6:33 PM
The $49.99 is for the Delicious Super Pack bundle. It includes all eleven games in the series for that price. It would be great if Big Fish offered that bundle here as well. I doubt they will but it would give all the newer fans to the series a chance to play the earlier games they have missed.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 24, 14 9:53 PM
I'll rebuy them. It would be nice to have them all in the game manager but also, if those games get enough purchases, maybe we'll start seeing some better TM games.

donnaknight10
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by donnaknight10 on Dec 25, 14 3:02 AM
aleutcia wrote:
Persistent_Cat wrote:
I am right there with you. I love TM games and they seem to be far and few between, GOOD ones anyway.

Also FYI, this is not the first Delicious game that BF has offered. I checked my purchase history and I purchased Delicious Deluxe from BF back on 8-20-06. I own all the others, but had to get them from a different site.

I agree.........I check everyday to see what the new game is

I have 23 game credits just waiting for some GOOD TM games

p,s
I love Farm games and just keep playing the same ones over and over lol

Go to: