[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Dec 20, 14 6:06 PM

Edited on 12/31/2014 at 12:59:32 PM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Who cares?

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 20, 14 6:43 PM
Personally - I care ! And, why you ask do I care? Here are the reasons I am perturbed.

First - BF offers two weekly infomercials - "Jessica's List and The Pond "which just started recently. They specifically mention the games which will come out that week. They do not state that "they may come out this week," they state that "these games are coming out this week." If they are uncertain if any of the games will appear on the site - it needs to be noted. By not abiding by their own schedule they appear to be "sloppy" in their scheduling for lack of a better term. It also makes them seem very unprofessional.

Second - Some of us are under time constraints. If we know that a genre of game is coming out which we do appeal to us, we can just skip looking at the Big Fish website on the day of its release.

Third - Most of us did not complain about the TM coming out. I have stated that BF should appeal to everyone on this site. This game is not to my liking but I am happy to see TM games offered here. I am aware of very few people who have complained about BF offering this game. We are complaining because Jessica told us an Elephant game was being offered - then changed it after the video was released on Monday, which brings me to ....

Fourth - If you are producing a video from the company to indicate what is "going to be released for the week (and not a possibility - but an actual release) then we should expect that the game has been

THOROUGHLY TESTED AND READY FOR RELEASE. WE SHOULD NOT READ LATER IN THE WEEK THAT THE GAME IS HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. THESE TECHNICAL ISSUES SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED BEFORE THE RELEASE OF JESSICA'S LIST.

I have no idea who Murdock is - must be before my time on this site. And his presence on BF has no bearing on what is occurring at present with BF which is this:

SUMMARY:

BF has initiated a weekly video program detailing the game releases for that week. This is not a list of "maybe" releases but "actual" releases some of us are awaiting and are expecting. End of discussion.

If BF is going to offer a weekly series which states the weekly upcoming games - they need to stick to that schedule or it becomes irrelevant. I would ask you this - Why offer an infomercial on the weekly release of games if it is not accurate? Why bother to have the program? And furthermore - why should anyone take the time to watch it?

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 6:46:23 PM PST

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Dec 20, 14 8:04 PM

Edited on 12/31/2014 at 12:59:46 PM PST

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Dec 20, 14 8:14 PM
sunnyglow wrote:Personally - I care ! And, why you ask do I care? Here are the reasons I am perturbed.

First - BF offers two weekly infomercials - "Jessica's List and The Pond "which just started recently. They specifically mention the games which will come out that week. They do not state that "they may come out this week," they state that "these games are coming out this week." If they are uncertain if any of the games will appear on the site - it needs to be noted. By not abiding by their own schedule they appear to be "sloppy" in their scheduling for lack of a better term. It also makes them seem very unprofessional.

Second - Some of us are under time constraints. If we know that a genre of game is coming out which we do appeal to us, we can just skip looking at the Big Fish website on the day of its release.

Third - Most of us did not complain about the TM coming out. I have stated that BF should appeal to everyone on this site. This game is not to my liking but I am happy to see TM games offered here. I am aware of very few people who have complained about BF offering this game. We are complaining because Jessica told us an Elephant game was being offered - then changed it after the video was released on Monday, which brings me to ....

Fourth - If you are producing a video from the company to indicate what is "going to be released for the week (and not a possibility - but an actual release) then we should expect that the game has been

THOROUGHLY TESTED AND READY FOR RELEASE. WE SHOULD NOT READ LATER IN THE WEEK THAT THE GAME IS HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. THESE TECHNICAL ISSUES SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED BEFORE THE RELEASE OF JESSICA'S LIST.

I have no idea who Murdock is - must be before my time on this site. And his presence on BF has no bearing on what is occurring at present with BF which is this:

SUMMARY:

BF has initiated a weekly video program detailing the game releases for that week. This is not a list of "maybe" releases but "actual" releases some of us are awaiting and are expecting. End of discussion.

If BF is going to offer a weekly series which states the weekly upcoming games - they need to stick to that schedule or it becomes irrelevant. I would ask you this - Why offer an infomercial on the weekly release of games if it is not accurate? Why bother to have the program? And furthermore - why should anyone take the time to watch it?

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 20, 14 8:56 PM
I COULD NOT agree more, GameLvr30!
This happened with Bathory 3 weeks in a row, I believe it was, and with Dreampaths: Two Kingdoms. So why the sudden hoopla about it now? I honestly don't understand. Things like this HAPPEN, and it is usually beyond BFG's control. And for the record, I think the fact it is a TM game does have something to do with it... no one kicked up a fuss when Bathory was delayed, or when Dreampaths was delayed by a week. Wow, it's just a game...! It should be here by next week.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Dec 20, 14 9:41 PM

Edited on 12/31/2014 at 1:00:00 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 20, 14 10:21 PM
LOL It's the first time I am smiling on this particular forum.

And while we are at it... on MY site, I too try to keep our members updated, but we don't take it too seriously if we are not up-to-date on a daily basis.

Have a great Sunday and a restful 4th Advent, everyone.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 20, 14 11:09 PM
Valdy wrote:LOL It's the first time I am smiling on this particular forum.

And while we are at it... on MY site, I too try to keep our members updated, but we don't take it too seriously if we are not up-to-date on a daily basis.

+1

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 21, 14 12:46 AM
cbtx wrote:

+1

Ditto!

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Dec 21, 14 1:16 AM
Who is Jessica ?

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 21, 14 1:52 AM
gillydi53 wrote:Who is Jessica ?

Jessica is JessicaPlays, the manager of Big Fish's FB page.

aniles18
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aniles18 on Dec 21, 14 2:01 AM
Jessica's Playlist was indeed wrong, but a few days after the playlist (wednesday), BFG stated on facebook that an other game was being released instead of Love Chronicles: Winter Spell.

I think personally that Jessica does a wonderful job, and if a game is pushed to additional quality testing, I think that's a good thing. I'd rather have a longer testing period than a buggy game.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Dec 21, 14 3:51 AM
aniles18 wrote:Jessica's Playlist was indeed wrong, but a few days after the playlist (wednesday), BFG stated on facebook that an other game was being released instead of Love Chronicles: Winter Spell.

I think personally that Jessica does a wonderful job, and if a game is pushed to additional quality testing, I think that's a good thing. I'd rather have a longer testing period than a buggy game.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 12/31/2014 at 1:00:18 PM PST

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Dec 21, 14 11:41 AM

Not familiar with your site, but your comment is golden! (I am assuming that's a golden coin, but I am not sure...)

GameLvr30 - There are a lot of sites that post what games have been announced on Facebook. There is no need to endure the videos ("oooo... do kids still say that?... giggle giggle" ) to hear what's expected. Maybe BFG should actually find out how many Game Club members and customers use FB, and if it would benefit them to have a short post on the site in addition to the nauseating "Pond" people.

[Post New]by pondprowler on Dec 21, 14 2:46 PM
mrm2006 wrote:Well, if I hadn't had such bad experiences at PondFriends .... and THOSE people would have read my posts on POND NEWS (currently at my NEW site along with Jessica's Playlist), they would have had the same info MY members had a week ago .... that the expected game WOULD NOT BE RELEASED. So, sorry, all, but I'm having an "I told you so" moment.

I'm happy to say my readers get the most current and up-to-date info re Jessica's Playlist and POND NEWS available on a daily basis. AND, guess what PondFriends????? I correspond with Jessica at least once a week and am looking forward to her making regular appearances on our site. Sorry. Sore subject. NO ONE believed it and now it's kind of like wishing I could actually rub it in a few faces ... if I only could - lmao.

So sorry to those who didn't get the memo. Unfortunately, there's no place to post that info here at BFG ... or I would. There's nothing worse than not having up-to-the-minute info about a game you are waiting for.

Have a Merry Christmas!

I don't post much anymore but I gots to say that this post shows that you got exactly what you gave on Pond Friends. Posts like this one is what got you banned from Pond Friends.

LOL who cares if you "corresspond" with Jessica? ANY of us could do that! All you gotta do is send her a PM, her JOB is to answer PMs to her so big deal.

There's nothing worse than not having up to the minute info about a game you are waiting for? LMAO... I would of thought you would know better than that if anybody did!

Let us know when Jessica joins "your" site, k? I see she hasn't joined yet.

Edit: there arent many people left on here that are on Pond Friends too so I don't know who you are yelling at! Too bad you can't go yell at them there instead. Hard to do when your banned.

Nice to know that somethings never change, isn't it?

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 6:07:17 PM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 21, 14 3:23 PM
Hey Everyone

I just wanted to stop by and help clarify some things.

While we do plan to get the games discussed in Jessica's Playlist released on time, there are occasionally instances where unforeseen circumstances can delay a release. Many factors are involved in getting a game released on time, but we do everything we can to get games released when they're scheduled.

With a discussion like this, with differing views coming into play, I'd like to remind everyone to be mindful to be respectful. It can be easy for tensions to rise, and we really appreciate the respectful tone that's been kept so far

I'd also like to give a friendly reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

The pertinent portion of the rule is emphasized in bold print above.

We do ask that threads be on the topic of the specific game the forum is dedicated to. It does look like this thread has gone a bit off topic and more towards the discussion of other games and their releases. I hope this thread can get back to the topic of Delicious: Emily's New Beginning Collector's Edition, but if it continues to be off topic, the thread will be locked.

If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of the Mods

bfgVaiya

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Dec 21, 14 4:20 PM

Edited on 12/22/2014 at 3:29:23 PM PST

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish