Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

Advice question from Delicious addicts to new gamers: In which order would you play these games?

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Dec 20, 14 6:50 PM
I'm delighted that BF is selling the newest of my all time favorite series: Delicious. I'm hoping and guessing that BF will soon offer all of these amazing games. Let me say that if you've never played any Delicious games, go ahead and get this one. You won't be disappointed. But this series builds on a story, starting from around the second game. It might be fun to play them again in order. In what order, my fellow Delicious fans, would you suggest the Delicious games be played?

Re:Advice question from Delicious addicts to new gamers: In which order would you play these game

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 20, 14 6:56 PM
My opinion, I would play them in order (I don't know the order, sorry). Mainly because the first one is old so it's cheap looking and really pixelated. Unless that kind of thing doesn't bother you, than ignore my recommendation. I do prefer the older ones because they weren't so story heavy. #2 is a favourite but..... they're all great. The gameplay stays pretty consistent but some restaurants are more fun than others.

I don't want to be overselling because it's hard to meet the expectation but this is probably my favourite time management series. Now if we could just get a new JoJos Fashion Show.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

Re:Advice question from Delicious addicts to new gamers: In which order would you play these game

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Dec 20, 14 7:11 PM
The order is...

Delicious (also had a Winter Edition)
Delicious 2
Delicious - Emily's Tea Garden
Delicious - Emily's Taste of Fame
Delicious - Emily's Holiday Season
Delicious - Emily's Childhood Memories
Delicious - Emily's True Love
Delicious - Emily's Wonder Wedding
Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise
Delicious - Emily's New Beginning

The games really hit their stride starting with Emily's Taste of Fame but I would start with Emily's Tea Garden as that one was really fun to play and shouldn't be missed.

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Dec 20, 14 7:28 PM
I'm with you, PC, number 2 is a great one. I've replayed it several times. I didn't really like the first one, and it's so hard I've never gotten through it. I liked the third one, Emily's Tea Garden, but I've never gotten through that one either. I really love the later games because I love the character development and stories. Perhaps my favorite, and one I play each December, is Delicious Emily's Holiday Season.

Here's the order of release according to Wikipedia:

1.1 The first game and its counterpart, The Winter Edition
1.2 The second game
1.3 The third game, Emily's Tea Garden
1.4 The fourth game, Emily's Taste of Fame
1.5 Delicious: Emily's Holiday Season
1.6 Delicious: Emily's Childhood Memories
1.7 Delicious: Emily's True Love
1.8 Delicious: Emily's Wonder Wedding
1.9 Delicious: Emily's Honeymoon Cruise
1.10 Delicious: Emily's New Beginning

I own all but the winter version of the first one. I didn't have much interest in it, as I never could make it through the main version of the first one,and they are identical except for the scant winter décor.
I'm thinking the story really starts developing at Taste of Fame, but some of the characters, like Uncle Antonio, start in the second game. I'm trying to remember where the difficulty levels are introduced. I know they're there in Emily's Holiday Season, but I'm not sure about Taste of Fame.
I would recommend that soon-to-be new addicts of this incredible series play them in order, skipping the first one.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 20, 14 7:39 PM
Thank you!!!! Wonder Wedding is the only one I haven't played because **** originally released it in episodic installments so I avoided it on principle.

#2 is my favourite because of the italian and sushi restaurants. They're fun.

Tea Garden was when it really took the turn to where it is now, with extra things to do in levels, etc. Plus the last level, at the Tea Garden, was crazy hard.

Taste of Fame and Holiday Season were insanely fun.

Childhood Memories was overkill on storymode. I just didn't care enough. But the gameplay was solid.

Honeymoon Cruise was really fun except for the Nursery levels. I hated those. When I replayed that game, I just skipped through those levels as much as I could.

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Dec 20, 14 8:26 PM
GameLvr30, thanks for posting the order and for your recommendation!

Persistent Cat, I highly recommend that you play Wonder Wedding. TPTB realized their mistake and didn't issue New Beginning as a serial. I agree -- I totally loathed that concept and didn't buy it until it was available as a complete game. It's really good, but I never could get through the invitation optional games. I keep trying, but I'm just too slow. The game itself, however, is a real treat. Maybe BF will offer it as a complete game also. PS I agree with you regarding the nursery levels in Honeymoon Cruise -- loved the game but hated the nursery levels.

It looks like Angela's ventures into clothing design in Honeymoon Cruise will be carried into a new game from the devs in the coming year along with two new Emilies -- can't wait!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

Re:Advice question from Delicious addicts to new gamers: In which order would you play these gam

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Dec 20, 14 8:37 PM
You're welcome!

I thought it was odd in this game when I saw (forget where) a comment made that Angela has never worked before and I thought what about when she was busting her bu*tt making all those clothes on the cruise ship.

I'd call that working so I'm glad to see she'll be getting her own spinoff game and maybe some respect finally.

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 8:37:51 PM PST

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 20, 14 8:43 PM
Ok, if Wonder Wedding is released here, I'll buy it

blackbirdess
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by blackbirdess on Dec 21, 14 4:50 AM
My personal opinion is to start with Taste of Fame and play on from there, however if you do buy all of them (and I recommend it) by the time you've played through Taste of Fame, Holiday Season and then started Childhood memories you'll be hooked and want to try the earlier three.
You can play them a couple of levels at a time between playing the others as there's not so much story line and won't detract from the game you're playing. It can also be nice to play a slightly simpler version between the newer games.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 21, 14 7:01 PM
Thank you for posting the order of games and all the other info in this thread, guys. I knew only a few things about "Delicious" and have played "Taste of Fame" on my mobile, which of course was enough to captivate my interest, so your posts and suggestions are all very helpful for someone relatively new to this series like me.

I hope we'll see more "Delicious" games being offered by BF in the future, new releases and older ones as well.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 21, 14 10:29 PM
I bought a "Super Pack" of Emilys from the developer's site, I think it's 8 or 9 of them, but it doesn't include this newest one. I think I tried the first one and didn't like it, now I know to just skip it and start with the 2nd one.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 22, 14 5:33 AM
The first one is really cheap looking (from a 2014 perspective).

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Dec 22, 14 6:03 AM
I would start with Emilys tea Garden- on

In some games there are ten 'easter eggs' to find

Holiday season is one

Between google & Utube- you can get the info

I don't think this new game is the best of the series at all

I think Emilys True Love was among the best...

This new game is too short- IMO

I hope with the next game- they find a way to not have Paige so involved

All in all- a great series

Cookyfish

[Post New]by Riverboatlucy on Dec 28, 14 4:03 PM
I own all of the Delicious games and I would start with the second game and play them all in order. That way you get to meet all of the relatives and friends in the order in which they were introduced.

[Post New]by Riverboatlucy on Dec 28, 14 6:52 PM
They also have a poker game based on the characters from the Delicious game with Jimmy and Angela and some of their friends in different parts of a gambling town that is pretty good.

bitsy1949
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bitsy1949 on Mar 20, 15 2:26 AM
I've been playing these games since I first found them on another web site. I'm pretty sure the next one offered by BFG will be "Delicious: Emily's True Love." That is still my favorite. Once you get them all, it would be fun to play them in order rather than from baby Paige on down. The characters are charming and funny. The very early ones were quite difficult for me, but I did manage to finish them all. Really love this series. Have fun

Go to: