Lapland Solitaire

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Lapland Solitaire

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 21, 14 12:29 AM
This year, Santa has asked you to build the new Lapland and you've found just where it should go. And better yet, the money here is golden chocolate coins! Now it's time to get to work earning enough chocolate coins to build the Lapland of your dreams. Just be careful not to eat all of your hard earned coins!

You will play the game in the 25 days running up to and including Christmas. As you proceed you will unlock awesome powerups to help you on your way. In addition to powerups, you will also unlock new cards as you progress making the game even more festive!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Lapland Solitaire

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 21, 14 4:06 AM
Love the game!! It's a "one higher or one lower" Solitaire game, and it has beautiful images.

You play in full screen mode, and there are colourful borders on each side.

You can choose from several card back images, but they first have to be unlocked.

You have an Advents Calendar, and each door gives you two games to play: the Morning plays 4 hands, and the Evening plays 4 hands.

With the gold coins you earn, you can decorate the snowy landscape with a tree, Mrs. Claus Bakery, etc. Each of the decorations are also power-ups. For example, the Christmas tree will give you an "Undo".

You can replay a hand by clicking on the "Menu" button, which gives you options, one of which is "Replay". It wasn't mentioned in the tutorial, and I didn't know about it until I clicked on the "Menu" tab to quit the game.

This is a lovely game. So colourful and pretty. And it's a definite buy for me.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Dec 21, 14 4:20 AM
I too like this game a lot. It is a lovely easy going game, however gets harder as you move along. Beautiful colors, nice layouts and rebuilding things is always a favorite of mine.
I will definitely use a punch on that. Over 200 levels? Well worth it

roftt
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by roftt on Dec 21, 14 4:49 AM
Great game... excellent graphics and music

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 21, 14 8:12 AM
Feeling a little lost. I bought the tree. Thanks to Valdy's post,
I found how to replay a level, but is there a way to buy other
things or do I have to wait for the game to tell me?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 21, 14 8:25 AM
Joyce, you only get to buy the tree at first. Do another day's round, and you will get more objects you can choose from.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Dec 21, 14 6:56 PM
I bought the game, and I wasn't in the least disappointed........very soothing game...........bright and cheerful.............lots of levels and so far I've been playing for 10hrs not even close to the end.........................AND SO FAR I'M PERFECT................and I mean the game, not me, far from it........ oops

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 22, 14 4:38 PM
I have a question: in order to unlock more images for the back cards, I have to get/buy snowmen.

Does anyone know when the snowmen are available?

[Post New]by LemonMooseGames on Dec 22, 14 6:17 PM
Hi Valdy,

The Snowman has 3 levels, each one unlocking one card backgrounds at following hands: 64, 120, 176.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 22, 14 6:34 PM
Hi LemonMooseGames...

Thank you for a lovely Christmas Solitaire game. I love everything to do with Christmas, and I love the "one higher or one lower" solitaire games. To have both combined into one is just wonderful.

I just finished day 8 of the game, and was able to buy my first snowman.

Thank you very much for your reply. Have a great Christmas.

Valdy

[Post New]by LemonMooseGames on Dec 23, 14 4:54 PM
Hi everyone,

It makes us really happy to see people enjoy our game. Thank you.

twinsoniclab, we welcome all and every advice and we will take it on board for our next game, which should be available some time in February.

It seems that quite few people would like the opportunity to be able to replay a hand after the level has finished. It is something we can implement and I will push an update to the game just after Christmas if BFG agree.

In terms of loose condition. We probably not going to be able implement it in this game, but that is something that we will implement in following games and Lapland Solitaire for next Christmas.

Thank you very much again.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Tom

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 23, 14 7:22 PM
Hi again, Tom...

I agree about giving the game more of a challenge. The only challenge in this game is to get all the cards off the table - which I manage quite nicely with the help of the power-ups and the wild cards - and I am loving the game as it is.

But... the game doesn't have a lot of replay value, because there are no other challenges. At least for me. I too like to see some challenges added. For example:

- make a chain of 10
- get 3 Perfect on a level

that sort of thing. That way there is a goal, which makes it far more interesting gameplay, and it would have more replay value.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 23, 14 9:30 PM
To add to my post above: there is a bit of a challenge here other than getting 3 gold stars. I forgot about the iced up and chained up cards, where you have to get to the shovel card before others open. So yes, that's a challenge.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 28, 14 2:54 AM
I am not sure if the devs are still around to see this, but I just finished Day 22, and only now did I get to buy the last snowman family so I could get the last new back card. And I have finished each level with 3 gold stars.

Considering there are only 25 days in all to play, only getting the third back card when Day 23 starts is a bit late in the day - so to speak. It would have been better if the snowmen appeared much earlier in the game, so that we could get all 3 new back cards at the latest halfway through the game.

And sorry devs, but I don't really know what "The Snowman has 3 levels, each one unlocking one card backgrounds at following hands: 64, 120, 176." means. I finished each level with 3 gold stars, but don't count cards or see where these numbers appear.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Dec 28, 14 7:58 AM
Valdy wrote: And sorry devs, but I don't really know what "The Snowman has 3 levels, each one unlocking one card backgrounds at following hands: 64, 120, 176." means. I finished each level with 3 gold stars, but don't count cards or see where these numbers appear.

Dunno why they're counting in hands, lol, but I guess the Devs look at it differently.
Anyway:
Each day has 8 hands (4 in the morning, 4 evening), so
64 hands = 8 days
120 hands = 15 days
176 hands = 22 days
which seems to match the days you posted, Valdy Congrats, btw!
Day/Hands (only) appear in the scoring table for us players.

I agree, btw, that day 20+ is too late for getting the third background. Esp. as I've just seen here somewhere that they get lost again on replay (?? or just with a new profile?).

Ferretjenny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Ferretjenny on Dec 28, 14 4:38 PM
LemonMooseGames wrote:Hi everyone,

twinsoniclab, we welcome all and every advice and we will take it on board for our next game, which should be available some time in February.

It seems that quite few people would like the opportunity to be able to replay a hand after the level has finished. It is something we can implement and I will push an update to the game just after Christmas if BFG agree.

In terms of loose condition. We probably not going to be able implement it in this game, but that is something that we will implement in following games and Lapland Solitaire for next Christmas.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Tom

Hello I need your help

Which occasion do I use the special cards to the right? When I select any of this card sometimes its not work, I do not understand when they are useful, can you explain to me please?

Incidentally, I love this game

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 28, 14 6:25 PM
DD... thank you very much for explaining those numbers to me. Now I know what those numbers mean. LOL

After seeing what the back of the last card looks like, I decided it wasn't worth waiting for it. It's the developer's logo. For Christmas... Like, I choose that back to be reminded throughout the rest of the game who they are...

Anyway... I have now finished the game. It got really tricky over the last few days, but I have managed all of them with 3 gold stars.

--- --- ---

Ferretjenny... those "wild" cards, as they are called in most Solitaire games of this type, are to be used while you play your hand. You can't just take one when you feel like it, but only when a card that's already next to the deck is one higher or one lower as one of the wild cards.

For example. Say you have a Queen open next to the deck. If you happen to have a Jack or a King at the right, you can then click on either one to use it.

Hope this helped.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Dec 29, 14 12:50 AM
Valdy wrote:DD... thank you very much for explaining those numbers to me. Now I know what those numbers mean. LOL

Very welcome, Valdy

Valdy wrote:
After seeing what the back of the last card looks like, I decided it wasn't worth waiting for it. It's the developer's logo. For Christmas... Like, I choose that back to be reminded throughout the rest of the game who they are...

ROFL - what an idea! yeah, in this case, it doesn't hurt we have to wait for it so long.

Congrats on finishing the game and getting 3 gold stars on all days! (my goal, too, but I'm playing others now in between)

Ferretjenny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Ferretjenny on Dec 29, 14 5:49 AM
Valdy wrote:DD... thank you very much for explaining those numbers to me. Now I know what those numbers mean. LOL

Anyway... I have now finished the game. It got really tricky over the last few days, but I have managed all of them with 3 gold stars.

--- --- ---

Ferretjenny... those "wild" cards, as they are called in most Solitaire games of this type, are to be used while you play your hand. You can't just take one when you feel like it, but only when a card that's already next to the deck is one higher or one lower as one of the wild cards.

For example. Say you have a Queen open next to the deck. If you happen to have a Jack or a King at the right, you can then click on either one to use it.

Hope this helped.

Thanks very much I should try it

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Dec 30, 14 8:26 AM
LemonMooseGames wrote:Hi everyone,

Have a Merry Christmas.

Tom

Hello Tom from Lemon Moose Games,

Thanks for interacting with gamers in the BFG forum!!

I finished the LAPLAND SOLITAIRE game yesterday and I absolutely loved it!!! I own literally hundreds of Big Fish games. Among them are several from the solitaire genre and I'd rank LAPLAND SOLITAIRE as one of my top 3 favorite solitaire games.

In reading through some of the suggestions to you from others in this thread, I see that some are requesting that your next solitaire game be made more challenging. If you DO decide to implement the suggestions for more challenge into your future solitaire games, I hope that you will do so by offering an OPTIONS category in the game menu. In that options category, players could be given the choice of 2 difficulty levels: NORMAL for those of us who like the difficulty level to be just as it is in this game... and CHALLENGE for those who would prefer that the game be harder than this one.

For me, LAPLAND SOLITAIRE has the perfect level of difficulty. Yes, it was quite easy in the early levels, but the difficulty increased as the game progressed. It was still easy enough to be relaxing, enjoyable and fun... but challenging enough to keep it interesting and compelling. (I must insert here that I'm "burned out" on solitaire games that have such a high degree of difficulty that they cease to be fun. I have some that I have never been able to finish... even after re-trying certain higher levels countless times. I end up feeling frustrated, annoyed and sorry I made the purchase.)

Keep up the good work!!

Classicaljazz

(Edited to switch order of a couple of paragraphs)

Edited on 12/30/2014 at 8:37:49 AM PST

Go to: