Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,767 Posts

TGT for 4/27 (Spoiler Alert)

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on Apr 26, 09 9:13 PM
Mevo and the Grooveriders from Red Rocket Games

Help Mevo reunite his band, the Grooveriders, and end the terrible reign of Silence! This Platform game requires you to use your rhythm and timing to make it through each psychedelic world. String together combos to unlock rewards and special areas and use power-ups to keep your groove going! If you can bring back the funk and get the band back together, Mevo & the Grooveriders will save the universe!

* Addictive gameplay
* Awesome graphics
* End the silence!

Mevo and the Grooveriders is not a Felix Favorite.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

Re:TGT for 4/27 (Spoiler Alert)

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 26, 09 9:14 PM
Thank you, Timebomb007. I won't feel guilty if I go to bed early tonight, lol.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 26, 09 9:16 PM
Thanks for the headsup timebomb

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Apr 26, 09 9:16 PM
Thanks Timebomb. I don't think we've had a new platform game for quite some time. Too bad it's not a FF.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Apr 26, 09 9:17 PM
Thank you, timebomb007, dosen't sound like my kind of game.

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Apr 26, 09 9:32 PM
Oh a platform game.......Small is going to be so excited.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 26, 09 9:33 PM
I don't think this game is my cup of tea, either, but I recommend that you all check out the review at Gamezebo. It sounds like a very interesting game, and for this reason I will at least try it while keeping an open mind.

Edited on 04/26/2009 at 9:34:25 PM PST

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Apr 26, 09 10:06 PM
This happens to be a SUPERB game that happens to be different from the typical casual games that are out there. It is a fun rhythm game where you need to tap keys to the beat. I purchased this on steam.

For those who are looking to stare at a screen without a timer and let the time pass away while trying to locate objects, this is not for you and is not worth the download.

For those who like fast paced games that will increase your heartbeat a tad, this is definitely worth checking out.

Don

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Apr 27, 09 12:09 AM
DonnyDJ wrote:
For those who are looking to stare at a screen without a timer and let the time pass away while trying to locate objects, this is not for you and is not worth the download.

For those who like fast paced games that will increase your heartbeat a tad, this is definitely worth checking out.

Don

Well, Donny, knock yourself out! As for increasing my heart rate, I take a brisk walk. As for allowing time to pass looking for objects? That's what playing games should be--relaxing, not nerve-wracking, but to each his own Us HOG lovers will have our day--after all, we let time pass waiting for the next good HOG!

Edited on 04/27/2009 at 12:10:30 AM PST

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Apr 27, 09 12:14 AM
Just for the record, this is not really a platform game. It's a timing based game much like any musical rythm game. And while it starts off dead easy, it quickly gets very very hard (especially for people like me who have no sense of rythm =)). It is fun though.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 27, 09 12:16 AM
coco1953 wrote:Oh a platform game.......Small is going to be so excited.

Small ain't excited about this game.

Waiting since last summer for a new Platformer and this is what we're given?

*sigh*

reginleif
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by reginleif on Apr 27, 09 1:00 AM
This game is 100% awesome. Reminds me a lot of Elite Beat Agents for the Nintendo DS crossed with Super Mario Bros. I just played the last 30 minutes, got through 4 or so levels, and had to buy it, Felix Fave or not. Great graphics, smooth animation, cool music, and cute and quirky characters. Love it.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on Apr 27, 09 9:16 AM
I love it too. it is very addicting, I just havent decided to buy it or not... still trying to get out of the 'water' levels to go into the jungle. I wish we could play it online so I could practice while at work

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 27, 09 9:19 AM
Fantastic game. I'm not very good at it, but I encourage everyone to at least try it.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Apr 27, 09 9:30 AM
Thanks Timebomb!! I especially appreciated your comment about "game requires you to use your rhythm and timing" .... since I have almost none, I won't even bother...LOL

MiddleAged
Salmon
Salmon
2,836 Posts

[Post New]by MiddleAged on Apr 27, 09 9:41 AM
Me neither, Cesse...though I might have tried it if it was a Felix Fav....Grumble Grumble..3 more for the keychain!

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Apr 27, 09 9:44 AM
jinocchio49 wrote:
DonnyDJ wrote:

Don

Well, Donny, knock yourself out! As for increasing my heart rate, I take a brisk walk. As for allowing time to pass looking for objects? That's what playing games should be--relaxing, not nerve-wracking, but to each his own Us HOG lovers will have our day--after all, we let time pass waiting for the next good HOG!

You HOG lovers will have your day? LOL I think you have had MANY days And for the record, I like HOGs. They are just way overdone.

Sure some games should be relaxing, but others should improve people's reflexes and reaction time.

[Post New]by breining on May 1, 09 12:44 PM
I think this game is awsome, fun and at times very hard. But I find myself coming back time and time again, to see if I can't beat the next level.... Love it.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on May 1, 09 3:42 PM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Mevo and the Grooveriders. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

Go to: