bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Cate West: The Velvet Keys

[Post New]by bfgBering on Apr 27, 09 9:51 AM
Hints – You have unlimited hints, and they recharge pretty fast. Don’t be afraid to use them!

Color Spectrum – Look for items in areas that are close in color to what the item’s likely color is, for example look in a yellow area for bananas. This may help you find the trickier items.

Travel – If you are having trouble finding the last few items in a location, go back to the city map and try another location for a while. Come back to the spot that’s giving you trouble later with fresh eyes!

These are just a few ideas to help you out while playing Cate West: The Velvet Keys. Feel free to add your own!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for Cate West: The Velvet Keys

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 27, 09 1:29 PM
To get maximum points, find more than one object and then click them all in a row. You get extra points for fast clicking!

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on May 3, 09 11:04 PM
Please help me! I have been playing this game with ease until now. I am at a part where you have to construct these items finding the matching parts from the top and bottom scenes. I have found them all but the lantern. I wish I could remember what chapter I am on but must be near the end somewhere. I feel so stupid. Does anyone know where I am and can maybe help? I went to the walkthough and it does show a pic of all the many items circled but you sure can't make out what they are. THanks in advance.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 4, 09 12:26 AM
puppycake...

Is this in Chapter 5 Part 4? If so...

Lantern piece in the upper picture is on the chair with fabric on it. In the lower picture it's on the left side of the dashboard.

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on May 4, 09 2:05 PM
Thats exactly where I "finally" found it, wow that was tricky. Thanks so much.

alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by alaskan22 on May 15, 09 4:02 PM
I need help with Chapter 9, the last slider puzzle. I've never been any good at these "sliding to make a picture" puzzles. Can you give me a spoiler please? I hate to skip it and lose the points.
Thank you

[Post New]by beverlh on Jun 1, 09 4:58 PM
Where is the top of the padlocke? I can,t find it. Has anybody had this problem.beverly.perry

[Post New]by beverlh on Jun 1, 09 5:11 PM
beverlh wrote:Where is the top of the padlocke? I can,t find it. Has anybody had this problem.beverly.perry

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jun 5, 09 9:46 AM
alaskan22 wrote:I need help with Chapter 9, the last slider puzzle. I've never been any good at these "sliding to make a picture" puzzles. Can you give me a spoiler please? I hate to skip it and lose the points.
Thank you

the solution for all the slider puzzles are posted in the walkthrough here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/cate-west-the-velvet-keys-walkthrough

I hope it helps!

PrplDva

ElizaL
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ElizaL on Jun 15, 09 1:45 PM
I am having difficulties in solving one of the puzzles having to do with circuitry--specifically the ones located in Chapters 9 and 11. Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated.

ElizaL
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ElizaL on Jun 16, 09 2:01 PM
I cannot locate any spoilers to help solve the two of the 3 "Key Chamber" puzzles. I can get the one in Chapter 4, but just cannot do the ones at the end of Chapters 9 and 11.
Does anyone have an easy solution?

ElizaL
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ElizaL on Jun 16, 09 2:01 PM
I cannot locate any spoilers to help solve the two of the 3 "Key Chamber" puzzles. I can get the one in Chapter 4, but just cannot do the ones at the end of Chapters 9 and 11.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jun 16, 09 9:41 PM
ElizaL wrote:I cannot locate any spoilers to help solve the two of the 3 "Key Chamber" puzzles. I can get the one in Chapter 4, but just cannot do the ones at the end of Chapters 9 and 11.

Hi ElizaL! Welcome to the forums!

The solutions are posted in the walkthrough here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/cate-west-the-velvet-keys-walkthrough

I hope it helps!

PrplDva

ElizaL
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ElizaL on Jun 17, 09 6:00 PM
Reply to prpldva. First, thank you for replying -- however the solutions to the Key Chamber puzzle are NOT in the walk through. I wish they were. It shows a picture, but how to get the squares in the right places are beyond me.

ElizaL
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ElizaL on Jun 30, 09 3:17 PM
I sound like a broken record, but I really need help in doing 3 of the ossuary puzzles in chapters 4, 9 and 11. I have read the walkthrough - it does show a picture but does not explain how it is done. Does anyone have an easy solution. Greatly appreciate any help in this

Go to: