Issues playing "small" and "simple" games

[Post New]by River_Wolf on Dec 21, 14 10:56 PM
As of late I've issues playing the smallest (140MB and Under!!!) and the most basic of games such as this one, Lapland Solitaire, Magic Cards Solitaire and Christmas Wonderland5.

Lapland Solitaire comes up with the lovely notice of: " DirectX9 GPU (Shader Model 2.0) is required. Your GPU (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X)
only supports Shader Model 0.0."

Yes - I know . . . I'm still using WIndowsXP but this is getting rather ridiculous as I've always been able to play this style of game.

Unless no one else is downloading these little games or I'm the only one running into problems.

Hello, hello, hello ~ Is there anybody in there? ~~~

No, seriously, anybody else experiencing these types of stumbling blocks?

Thanks & Happy Holidays World!

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

Re:Issues playing "small" and "simple" games

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Dec 22, 14 8:27 AM
I bought the game yesterday and it plays flawlessly. I have Windows 8.1. There comes a time when no one is able to play new games on their older computer! I have a lot of games on CD that I can't play, even changing the "play as" options in the properties.

[Post New]by LemonMooseGames on Dec 22, 14 7:33 PM
Hi River_Wold, I have sent you a PM.

The issue you are experiencing is down to your computers graphics card not having support for Shaders version 2.0, as the message is saying.

This is a limitation that is forced on our products by the development environment that we choose for this game.

There is no solution to this problem apart from upgrading the graphics card. Almost all graphics cards developed past year 2004 have support for Shaders 2.0.

Sorry for the inconvenience and that we are unable to lift this limitation.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 23, 14 6:41 PM
Hi River_Wolf,

I'm sorry to hear that there's trouble with playing several games from our site including Lapland Solitaire.

From what you've described, it sounds like the best step would be to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help. In addition, I would recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team for issues like this instead of following any technical steps from other Forums users, regardless of whether or not they're affiliated with the game developer. This will help us to ensure that the proper precautions are taken and that all of the steps recommended to you are completely reversible unless otherwise stated.

Since this thread is regarding a tech issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this. However, I hope that you're able to get the help you need using the information above.

bfgWaimea

Go to: