Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 22, 14 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/22/2014 at 5:42:54 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier here

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 22, 14 5:43 AM
Hello everyone!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier here

[Post New]by Radgame on Dec 22, 14 1:08 PM
Based on completed CE (bought during Elephant's recent sale):

IMHO, it's worth it only as a SE - today's code JOLLY works for this game too.

If you're like moi and can't help but love Christmas cheer, this game has plenty of it. Overall, the level of detail, layers and colours, brilliant graphics in each and every scene are total X'mas eye candy.

That said, it doesn't compare to "Nutcracker" and "A Christmas Carol" that are truly 7-star level games. Apart from the ooze of Yuletide, the game play soon became tedious and boring. Just endless back-and-forth even w/ a transporter map around a fairly convoluted story that I found hard to keep track of. The helper soldier-fella slows it down even more. Overall, zero challenge. Some collectibles (puzzle pieces) aren't easy to spot whereas the miniatures (cats) are hard to miss! HOGs were varied and puzzles are easy.

I felt the blinding lights and unnecessary rays/ beams of light was overdone. For ex: At the fountain, it was hard to spot the objects because of that brightly lit orange-branch tree. I played half of the bonus content but couldn't get myself to finish......the story took a weirder turn towards cats.....huh? A bit disappointing because it's from Elephant Games.

Merry Christmas to all !

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Dec 27, 14 2:07 PM
A delight to play. Great graphics, colors and animated scenes. Nice story line. Just a nice game for the entire family. The music in the game gets one even more in the holiday mood. The game also ran very smooth, without any glitches, stutters or crashes.

Edited on 12/27/2014 at 2:17:49 PM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 4, 15 7:58 AM
Good grief its finally over....way too much garbage in this game. The first "Christmas Stories: Nutcracker" was very good, in fact excellent but each year they got progressively bad topping off with this one. I stopped and started this game over and over because I just got plain bored and needed to move on.

I agree, the graphics and color are very nice and the voice-overs were OK, but way too much unnecessary "stuff" was put into this game and it became cluttered and monotonous. I feel sorry for those who paid full for the CE...I can't imagine enduring this game for any longer than I had to.

It was easier to use the hint to move around than the map which sometimes didn't always point in the right place and the mini games and HOS were totally forgettable.

Glad I got this on sale because if I had paid full price I would have been even more disappointed. I can only give this a 2 out of 5.

Edited on 01/04/2015 at 8:02:32 AM PST

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jan 16, 15 7:15 PM
I really like this game. The storyline was good, graphics were spectacular and the music was appropriate to the scenes. There is one scene where "Silent Night" is softly playing in the background. Nice!

Have to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as I did a couple of the other Christmas Stories games like Nutcracker and Christmas Carol (my favorite!). However, I feel that I definately got my money's worth and would recommend this game.

Go to: