Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 22, 14 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 12/22/2014 at 5:42:20 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier here.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 22, 14 5:42 AM
Good morning!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier here.

[Post New]by conkite on Dec 24, 14 2:47 PM
I believe there is a tech issue with the game. I am using Windows 8. When I get to The Square, I pick up the recipe for that is supposed to make the rats large enough to pull the carriage. According to the Strategy Guide, I am supposed to bring that recipe to Ole, the toy maker. I should talk to him and he is supposed to give me a crown. This is where the tech issue occurs. Ole doesn't give me a crown. And at this point there is nothing else to do in the game. There is no going forward. It appears I have purchased a game I am unable to complete.

If I am wrong, please advise. There is a question in the game forum concerning where to find the giant seed Ole needs. The response was obviously incorrect since there is no hole, etc. in which a key is found to open a chest. It is a crown that is needed. And that will open the chest.

By the way, I am playing the regular game vs. the Collector's Edition.

[Post New]by conkite on Dec 24, 14 7:15 PM
I found out how to get the crown from Ole which I mentioned in my tech issue post. I had to hit the Skip at the top right of the screen. Then Ole gives the crown.

[Post New]by pnpsmom on Dec 25, 14 6:23 AM
I have the same issue as conkite, but I don't have a skip button at the top right of the screen. I don't have a skip button anywhere on the screen. Can you tell me what to do?

[Post New]by bwjones on Dec 26, 14 11:38 AM
Found the same bug several times.

When making the potion to make yourself smaller with Ole to get through the small door in the Shop, the recipe fails to appear.

Ole says the same things over and over again and the hint points to him. According to the strategy guide, he gives you the recipe. There's a bug that doesn't allow him to give the recipe therefore, you can't use the ingredients.

I'm using Windows Vista and I bought the Collector's Edition.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier here

[Post New]by bwjones on Dec 26, 14 11:45 AM
Came out of the game and went back in. Allowed Ole to finish talking about the potion and instead of clicking "press to continue", clicked "Close" instead and suddenly, the game allowed me to continue.

Which seems to be really odd.

Just wanted to report this to other users who might encounter a similar problem.

Thanks.

Edited on 12/26/2014 at 11:45:49 AM PST

DiDi212
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by DiDi212 on Jan 9, 15 6:16 PM
This game reset twice. The first time was about midway through the game when it froze. I used Task Manager on my Windows 8.1 to end the program and when I went back in it said the game was corrupt and my game would be reset. I hate when that happens. So I opened a ticket with BF and they gave me a free game. Yeah. I decided to play the game again and this time I made it completely through the game into Bonus 1. I had just finished the last puzzle -- actually I skipped it because the SG gave the wrong solution, and I was looking at 2 adorable kittens asleep in a basket and the game just stopped responding. I again used Task Manager to close the game and when I came back it again said the game was corrupt and my progress would be reset. I can't play the Bonus 2. I'm deleting the game. Maybe next years Christmas Story will be happier and less problematic. Silent Scream.

[Post New]by becky0591 on Mar 2, 15 9:44 AM
The hint is telling me to go up a wooden ladder into an attic room where a big wooden wheel is turning, I only have a golden heart which requires another half and the little leprechaun man with two umbrellas. I do not know what I have to do now. That is where the hint keeps taking me. Is there anyone can help me?

Go to: