hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 4, 12 2:47 PM
Congratulations on finishing cherb! I think you've earned some time on the hammock.

Well, shooting the shark isn't working for me. Time to poison a dead porcupine. We'll see how he likes that.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 4, 12 2:51 PM
Congrats cherb ! 292 is a good score. There are a few ways to get a higher score: lots of repeated actions if you do them in a certain way: 1.combine Jep with clay, pick up more clay, 2,get water in a bowl then clean a cloth get another bowl of water 3. use a clean cloth on fire get burnt cloth to use for your next fire repeat the water/clean cloth thing. You also can catch the feathers before they hit the ground, destroy the robots in a more difficult way than the gun. Also there is all that alcohol, nitric acid and all that other stuff to make . One thing about all the puzzles in the game, I like the fact they were all done in a different way.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Mar 4, 12 3:07 PM
Congrats on finishing birdie and cherb...way to go !
Congrats on your morph TideWaters
I think I may have morphed...wasn't I a parrotfish?

Anyone know how many robots there are? I have 5 so far.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Mar 4, 12 3:12 PM
Went back to previous save, figured I messed up with the nails.
Got a whole mess of stuff done, and got to shoot 'bots again.
Everything So much easier second time around!

That Nemo, what a guy!! Never had a man give me a
gorgeous pearl before. Its got first place in first slot in
inventory.
Also, instead of giving mean monkey my homemade bread,
found out he likes .
Now I have to break code for sub.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 4, 12 3:13 PM
Thanks for the congrats Hazelize,JB and Marianne .

There is no doubt about it group play of LFAs is definitely

a) more fun
b) confidence boosting

because it gives you the courage to not only actually try a game you wouldn't normally consider because you think you would need a walkthrough for every single step of the way but you can get help as good as (if not better) and much quicker than the Universal Hint System.

Thanks for all the help JB and MrRuss and thank you Popla, CfG and RMom for bringing us together in the first place.

pp pp ppp . pp .
pp pp ppp ppp ppp ppp
pi
pp ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp ppp .. . ..

I had a ball ... well apart from the 10 times I died

Edited on 03/04/2012 at 3:14:54 PM PST

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Mar 4, 12 3:17 PM
jboliver sorry missed your thread, but no, could not find
second set, altho second time I redid I built coffin first, then had
extra leftover

Um, not sure what you meant by Zinc clue??

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 4, 12 3:23 PM
mariannequilts wrote: snipped ...
I think I may have morphed...wasn't I a parrotfish?

Yes you were and now you're not

It is time for school so on the bus with you

pp C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

rr..r ____ rr.rr ____ rrr.rr ____ rrrrrr ____ rr rrr ____rrr
rrrr | | rrrr | . | rrrr | | rrrr. |. | rrrr | . | .
rrrr |____| rrrr |____| rrrr |____| rrrr |____| rr rr | rrr.r | .
RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR .. | rrr.r | .
RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR RRR .. |____| . rrrr rrrr

rrrr rrrrr r rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr r
rrrrrrr r O r rrrrr rrrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr r O r
rrrr rrrrr r rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr rrrr r

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 4, 12 3:48 PM
Congratulations on your morph, mariannequilts! Sorry to not have posted sooner.

Well, you're all right that dying wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Good thing, 'cause I did it so many times. If anyone is still around who can answer this, can you tell me:

Do you need to pick up exactly the same amount of keys as thrusters? How many in all? Is it necessary to shut off the laser on the pathway? (I finally saw what those metal things were for.) Thanks for all your help!

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Mar 4, 12 3:50 PM
I agree with Cherb that this was a great way to play a LFG. This is only my second LFG and having other players and helpers kept me going.

Thank you R-Mom, Catfish_Girl and Popla for starting the group play!

I am so sad I missed the Syberia group play. Started Syberia last summer and did something wrong and lost my ticket and never got back to it. I feel more encouraged to try again.

Congrats on finishing Cherbtoo! I needed help with the spinny lock too - I am no good at those. And of course, was killed a few more times. Overall, it was a fun game. Thanks to all for the congrats for finishing.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Mar 4, 12 3:54 PM
Hazelize - you need four keys and I only used three thrusters. I think the more thrusters you pick up the more points you get and if you are there to get the keys, pick them up. One thruster does not have a key.

Sorry, forgot your 2nd question: if the monkey threw your ladder off the cliff, then yes, you will need turn off the laser. I had the monkey throw my ladder off before the robots so was able to put it back up but I did the laser thing anyway.

Edited on 03/04/2012 at 3:59:35 PM PST

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Mar 4, 12 4:02 PM
I forgot to report in earlier... finished this afternoon.

My only regret is that I can't take that cannon with me when I move around... I just love shooting it! BLAM! Dead robot. Oh darn... got it on one shot. *sniff* I need more targets on the beach.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 4, 12 4:13 PM
Hi birdie5,

I got rid of the monkey in the cave awhile ago, but I disarmed the laser just in case. Thanks for letting me know about the keys. I'm on top of the sub trying to figure out how to get in.

Congratulations on finishing, Jofer.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 4, 12 4:33 PM
luvtoread wrote:
Now, I am a bit confused-here is why (is this a spoiler?):
Zinc, but the tube has zinc attached to it-so where is more
zinc?

luvtoread maybe I was confused on what you meant Wasn't it fun to see that monkey passed out ?

Congrats on finishing Jofer I know what you mean about that cannon.

hazelize don't you usually need a key to get in locked doors?

[Post New]by TideWaters on Mar 4, 12 4:42 PM
Just checking in - Started the game over and and now off the beach and collecting things - forgot how I got feathers, so trying different things as I now have a bow and I'm staying AWAY from those monkeys until I figure out what to do with some of this other stuff. Thanks for the CONGRATS however, I'm feeling more like a minnow LOL. Congrats to everyone who has finished the game. Going back to see if I can get those darn feathers again.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 4, 12 4:54 PM
Thanks, jboliver, I thought I had lost the master but it was in my inventory. I'm standing in front of a door downstairs but can't face another code. I'm going to sign off for tonight and try to finish this game tomorrow. Goodnight, everyone.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Mar 4, 12 5:42 PM
jboliver-sorry, my post didn't make sense, did it?
Didn't realize it till I just read it.
According to journal, Zinc was one of the things I needed
to add. Well, the glass tube has zinc and I forget what else
attached to it.
That was accepted as part of the-oh what do you call it-
when your-that's it=combination. but apparently I need
separate zinc? To make the battery.
Am I making any sense?

Oh well, I'm done for now. It's 8:40 pm here and I've got
work tomorrow, so will continue tomorrow evening.
Goodnight everyone

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 4, 12 6:01 PM
luvtoread the second battery is not necessary but it will give you more points. You need to have sulfuric acid + saltpeter = nitric acid ( you get three); take one nitric acid + potash + clay + rods and tube = battery . Ooo... just thought of this, did you make the first battery? If not try medium bamboo + clean cloth + lemon + both sets of coins .

TideWaters where are those birds perched?

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Mar 4, 12 6:02 PM
I finally found the time to start playing the game. I am shocked that others have already finished. I played for two hours before I managed to get enough food to get up the cliff. I think this game is going to be a long one for me. Hotel was a lot easier.

Congratulations Birdie and Cherbtoo for finishing. I'll get there...someday...maybe.

RORGE
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by RORGE on Mar 4, 12 6:10 PM
Gratz to those that finished!!

I finally was able to find the feather that I saw fall near the start of the game so I was able to make the arrows!!
Question : to use the cannon do I need to do anything besides load the ball into the cannon and light the wick? Do I need any kind of powder etc? I used my powder to make the gun work... so I am not sure about the cannon now....

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 4, 12 6:42 PM
There are two lots of powder, one pre-made that you have to grind, the other you make from scratch per recipe.

Go to: