Re:Rhiannon group play, starting 2nd June, all welcome to join!

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 11, 12 11:12 PM
Just finished and what a QUALITY game in every aspect with the exception of the navigation controls. Thankfully, had map for long distances, so only negative I had was this particular issue - Everything else can't say enough good things about. TIDE

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 11, 12 11:27 PM
congrats tidewaters!

I'm stuck and this time with looking at walkthrough as I thought I had everything for end of chapter 4 to make the magic thing and I do I have quadroupled checked-

(copied the bit from the walkthrough to make it easier to list) I have -
Yellow/green shield – Caviar containing borax
Green boots – Rat poison containing barium carbonate
Red saddle – Battery containing lithium
Purple ring – Strontium tablets
Blue chocolate fountain – Bordeaux fungicide containing copper sulphate
Yellow bowl – Tree stump remover containing saltpetre
White computer mouse – Drinks can made of aluminium
Orange glove – bag of gypsum cement

But the brass magic bowl isn't allowing to put anything in it. I feel I need to quote dracula origin here "I am missing something" but what?

As my brain can't think any more, leaving it for tonight and will come tomorrow.

I have done everything in the walkthrough, I think unless some paper I read wasn't recorded but which one? The only thing I haven't done yet is open the safe but the walkthrough says I didn't need to yet.

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 11:29:17 PM PST

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 12, 12 12:18 AM
GingerGal - Try down by the path to the Mill. Another hint , Something round that burns things up.. You're clicking along at a fast pace. You'll be done before you know it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 12, 12 12:40 AM
gingergal, an extension to each of tw's hints: on the way back / cylinder.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jun 12, 12 4:23 AM
Hi everyone

Sorry I missed seeing your posts earlier - we've been away at our daughter's wedding celebration.
sunshinej I'm sorry to hear you're missing the map and hints. If you have a disc version then those extras aren't included I'm afraid - only the premium edition has that, and so far, that version has only been released by Big Fish.
TideWaters Congrats on finishing! Thanks for your lovely comments and we will definitely be revising the navigation in future games in line with more recent methods.
gingergal Good points again about navigation and hotspot locations. All taken on board for our next game - thanks.
Dialogue Chris is intended to be just a good friend but I think I'd be running for the hills too if it was me lol

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 12, 12 4:52 AM
kazkaz1957 wrote:Hi everyone

Sorry I missed seeing your posts earlier - we've been away at our daughter's wedding celebration.
sunshinej I'm sorry to hear you're missing the map and hints. If you have a disc version then those extras aren't included I'm afraid - only the premium edition has that, and so far, that version has only been released by Big Fish.

I thought it must be something like that. Thanks for clearing that up.

ETA Congratulations on your daughter's wedding.

Congratulations to TideWaters on finishing

Edited on 06/12/2012 at 5:12:06 AM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 12, 12 6:15 AM
KAREN - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DAUGHTER'S WEDDING!

TIDEWATER - HOORAY FOR FINISHING!

I am definitely needing something as interactive as this to play - goes right up there with Siberia - which I loved as well.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 12, 12 9:06 AM
Congrats on your daughter's wedding, Karen!

Congrats Tidewaters on finishing!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 12, 12 2:46 PM
Congratulations Karen on your daughters wedding, I hope everything went smoothly!

And thanks for taking the feedback about navigation, as I can't wait for your new game and thanks for taking the time out to be on the forums helping everyone, it shows that it was a labour of love the game and you really care. And it's not just a job like one of the big DEVs, I appreciate the small independent studios.

Thanks Mr Russ and tidewaters, the magic bowl moved! I did try doing it on the wheel but not the orange can so thanks.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 12, 12 3:20 PM
Just looked in to see how you were all doing - and "CONGRATULATIONS TIDEWATERS"

Hope the wedding was great Karen - did you cry as much as I did?!!!

Still finding it difficult to appreciate any other game - Keep thinking, "But why don't they do this, why is it so boring/" Oh Dear - I think I need to look at some of the games you are all mentioning in the AF thread and be brave enough to try some LFAs on my own,

GMum xxx

March_Hare
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by March_Hare on Jun 12, 12 4:07 PM
Grandmamum wrote: Still finding it difficult to appreciate any other game - Keep thinking, "But why don't they do this, why is it so boring/"

Oh my goodness. I am speechless. I just finished and I have to say GMum that you will be looking long and hard to find anything that comes anywhere near this. Wow. What a wonderful game - wonderful story - I just love that it's based on actual legend with an imaginative "what if" twist. Excellent voice acting, sound, music and atmosphere. I've played many (many, many) games in my time and this one is truly a standout. One that leaves you with that "after this game, every other game is 'just a game'" feeling.

A very, very big Thank you! to Karen for helping me (and so many of us fishies) get past the headscratching spots to the forehead smack moments and an even bigger thank you for creating this game - even the closing credits are terrific (lol) where we learn that ** (unless there's another Karen at Arberth Studios) our Karen really is Rhiannon - in more ways than one . And it's also a treat to see the faces behind all those "nasties" left in the kitchen and the hoofbeats and vision in the stables. **

And an equally big Congratulations! on your daughter's wedding Karen Having been through this somewhat recently as the "mother of the groom", I can relate.

Also, Congratulations! to all the Fishies who have finished playing Rhiannon - and lots of encouragement to those of you still playing - thank you again to the organisers CfG and popla for organising them.

Cheers!

Edited on 06/12/2012 at 4:09:46 PM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 12, 12 5:21 PM
Congratulations March Hare on Finishing!

Oh that we had such wonderful developers such as Karen who would pop in! I think we would all like to beta the new game when it's ready.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 12, 12 6:42 PM
congratulations march hare!

OK what is it with me and the magic time at end of chapters? Stuck again at end of chapter 5 (I think it's the end or near it)

I have 4 recordings and pig, hat, calender and wand. When I try and put my 'tones' on the coffee table it won't take (I read where you had to sit). I turned on the TV and under it synched one of my tones but I can't back out unless I turn it off. I have tried synching the other 3 on dvd thing under TV but it won't take.

So how do I leave the TV and still have the sound playing and go and sit on the settee?

Do I have to leave it playing or am I doing something wrong?

Or am I missing something?

(I've been to graveyard and poked around and obviously done the puzzle in the boat area as that's where I got my wand).

Edited on 06/12/2012 at 6:42:49 PM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 12, 12 6:59 PM
Congratulations to March_Hare on finishing

I did it! I am done and I just loved this game! I putting it in my top 5 favorites. And I agree with some of you who said the next game is going to be bland compared to this one.

gingergal... You don't ** sit down on the couch, but stand on the opposite side of the coffee table and click the down arrow. You only need the 4 recordings and I didn't have to leave the tv turned on. **

Edited on 06/12/2012 at 7:02:05 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 12, 12 7:26 PM
congratulations sunshinej on finishing!

Maybe I'm not sitting down but the only time I get a down arrow is facing the other sofa with the speakers facing me and the window above it and I'm in between the speaker or is there another place?

I have active icons on the coffee table but it won't take the recordings. I've tried standing at both narrow ends of the table tried to get to the other sofa tried to get behind the sofa by the phone. Or if there is a down arrow that appears in a different area I am describing
I am missing something that I haven't done?

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 12, 12 7:59 PM
GingerGal - Do you have 4 separate recordings?? I didn't sit. I had the active zone on the coffee table and you have to place two things at a time on the table. One the item and the other is the sound which matches the item. Hope this helps. I'll monitor in case yuou need further help.

I had a hard time here as well. I messed around with it for what seemed forever until I figured it out. I also thought the TV and the second machine down needed to be on.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 12, 12 8:00 PM
It was a glitch (maybe it is because I am playing windows 7 64 bit, nvidia card and I didn't roll back my drivers?) as it's reminding me of paradise as it's my 3rd major one, 2nd time I've had to reload my game but at least it was only 25 mins replaying it.

And my task list I spent a lot of time trying things as it wasn't ticked off as done, then realised it was a minor glitch when suddenly my 'read magazine' got ticked off 3 chapters after I had done it. And my 'print labels and put them on slides' etc still isn't marked off and I did that ages ago.

++I hit the button on DVD 1 first by putting a recording on that so no other button was responding. When I redid it, I didn't do anything but hit DVD 2 and that's all I needed to do so everything else worked.++

+my bread disappeared from my inventory even though I saw it - even if it was a split second but at least I could redo it without reloading from a previous save.

edit - thanks tidewaters, glitch as I was doing things in my own way

Edited on 06/12/2012 at 8:02:27 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 12, 12 9:10 PM
finished at last after over a year between plays.

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 12, 12 9:17 PM
BIG CONGRATS GINGERGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!FEELS GREAT TO FINISH A GAME DOESN'T IT?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 12, 12 9:28 PM
TideWaters wrote:BIG CONGRATS GINGERGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!FEELS GREAT TO FINISH A GAME DOESN'T IT?

YES - I hate my 'not finished ' games pile

Go to: