Re:Welcome to Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' forum

[Post New]by alestep on Mar 31, 17 2:30 PM
Not sure this is a right place to post this. However, I have been playing game for awhile and recently had to restart game due to losing the white gloves for the photo album in Margret's House. I need to add friends now and didn't have any before. I have sent out the request to the random 5 daily allowed in the past without anyone accepting. So here is my code if people came please add me Thanks.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Apr 2, 17 2:16 AM
alestep wrote:Not sure this is a right place to post this. However, I have been playing game for awhile and recently had to restart game due to losing the white gloves for the photo album in Margret's House. I need to add friends now and didn't have any before. I have sent out the request to the random 5 daily allowed in the past without anyone accepting. So here is my code if people came please add me Thanks.
On the next page is a thread called "Social code", created for this type of request. You can add yours there. You can also use the codes that were posted there recently to send out more requests with a better chance of success.

brazillady
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by brazillady on Apr 24, 17 9:21 PM
Hello, I am also unable to find friends or they do not show on my game, and have not been able to get any friends. Also cannot find your "Social Codes"? and the next page mentioned on the answer to Alestep, who wrote to this forum on March 31. I struggle to get all my achievements and quests done because I currently am unable to get on the internet. Only when I can go out to a wifi place to get updated. Would love to get the achievement for these things and to be able to play with friends.

What is the secret for that? Also can I progress with skipping the task and buying with the gold bar?

How about upgrading the automobile, is that necessary to continue to get more quests? I also got to the end of the quests and unless I get online I am unable to play anymore. Do I have to end up buying things to be able to continue playing? Have a heart, here...I have been recovering from surgery and not working and this is my only fun...

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Apr 25, 17 1:14 AM
A lot of questions in one post !

1) The Social Code thread is here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/540/258077.page#6779349

Start with the most recent post and work your way upwards.

2) I advise against skipping quests with gold. You will need your gold for other things.

3) Upgrading the automobile is not required until you get the quest to do it. The you must do it to advance. You will need a lot of gold to upgrade!

4) You say you "got to the end of the quests". On what level in the game are you ? Have you opened most of the mini-scenes in the cities (there are a few that will never open) ? Have you done the paintings quests ? Have you flown to the countries ? Have you built the museum ?

5) You can advance in the game without paying real money. It just takes a lot of time and determination. There is a lot of information about the game on this forum, but it may be difficult to find. A good starting place is the Helpful Link thread:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285313.page

Edited on 04/25/2017 at 1:18:05 AM PST

brazillady
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by brazillady on Apr 30, 17 7:22 PM
Thank you so much for answering my questions. I am currently on level 50, and need 2 more paintings to finish the missing paintings in the museums. That is the reason I was asking about upgrading the automobile. I have already upgraded to Inconspicuous Red Van just out of fear that my gold bars may disappear. The reason I asked about buying with gold bars was to skip the get a friend or send an email quest. I have not done it, but wanted to know what happens if I don't get emails back or don't get friends.

Since I explained earlier about not having internet it makes it difficult to get everything done when I get online. Sometimes I have to spend a night parked outside a McDonalds just to get updated. I do understand about determination and time invested on this and sometimes wonder if I am not just being OCD about it and whether it is really worth it.

Going back to the level I am on, I seem to not have any quests popping up on my screen anymore unless I come online every day. Sometimes it is just not possible to get out everyday.

You also asked about the mini scenes? It says in my achievement bars that I have opened 36 out of 45 mini scenes. I don't seem to be able to progress anymore as most of the levels in my achievements are full and have a green check on them. I do not have all 5 pets, as I was unable to play in December after I had my surgery and I guess I missed the Christmas event. Some of the things that I don't have have to do with special events, such as the Valentine's event, when I thought my computer had died and stopped starting the computer up for abt 3 weeks until I decided to try start it up again and it was not dead after all. So I don't know if I need to wait until the next year to finish these quests or if I just lucked out!

As far as going to another country, nothing has shown up in the game, although at a certain time it did tell me that I had opened some other country up, but I never found out what that was about. I just want to be able to finish the quests and don't want to click on something I might regret.

I think I have touched on most things you replied on. I have been sick, with the flu and didn't feel like going out for a couple of nights. Plus I live in Florida and staying inside the car is no longer an option. I have to find a place with air conditioning from now on. Thanks for all your help!

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on May 1, 17 3:03 AM
The game is very sensitive to connection stability. Even if you have a good connection, you frequently get time-outs.

You can open mini-scenes in all US cities except Oldstein Bank and Christmas Alley.
If you missed the Valentine's event, you probably haven't opened the mini-scenes in the Flower Shop, the Yacht and the Botanica Restaurant. You'll have to wait for next year's event for those.
Have you opened the album in Margaret's House ? If not, you will get stuck at some point. Let me know if that is the case.

There's no harm in not getting friends, but reaching the achievements gives you rewards that are useful. If you use the 5 random friend codes, you will probably not get much response, because a lot of players have quit over the years. But you can use the friend codes from the Social Code thread. Start with the most recent posts and work your way up.

When you find the last painting, you can start new series of quests:
Enter the Wharf in Breezy Bay and click on the plane. The 'Fix the Plane' quests should start. When the plane is done, you can fly to the countries.
After you fixed the plane, enter the Museum Office. To the left of the paintings is a door; click on the crest above the door. This will start quests that will make you search for pieces of the AES collections (the purple tab in your collections). Warning: some of these quests direct you to the auction, but that is wrong. You must find these objects in the cities or mini-games.
Look in the Helpful Links thread for the link 'Plane, AES Door, World Cities, Blue Prints & Mini Scenes--- GUIDE' if you need more information.

P.S.: I tried your friend code, but I got an 'invalid code' message. Can you verify your code in the Social Code list?

[Post New]by JJingoli on May 9, 17 3:49 PM
DO NOT close your game down in between FINDING an item and using it to open the mini-scene. People are losing the FOUND item before they can use it because of a glitch that was introduced with the 1/5/15 updated - no fix in sight.

Has this been corrected at all? I had the seed packet and the fly I was not able to use them to unlock the areas in the Flower shop and now I cannot complete quests in the Flower shop.

Edited on 05/09/2017 at 3:57:08 PM PST

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on May 10, 17 2:45 AM
No. The decision was made to no longer update this game. We all have to live with this glitch.
For more information, check out this post by one of the moderators:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1620/257557.page#6787590

On the up side: when the Spring Event comes around again next year, you will be able to find the seed packet and the fly again and then open the areas.

Edited on 05/10/2017 at 2:46:57 AM PST

[Post New]by JJingoli on May 10, 17 4:07 AM
Thanks for the response Dirk! That is what I was afraid of.....

brazillady
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by brazillady on May 13, 17 10:41 PM
Hello again Dirk_Tee, I just now followed up on your response I did open Margaret's House and all of the mini scenes. I also did open the Flower Shop, but didn't know about the other 2, the Yacht and the Botanica. But I did the blueprints without any problems.

Now I am wondering how to get the fuel. I guess will have to wait until I fill the whole 350 keepsakes that I am slowly buying to achieve the 100 gold bars, plus hoping to get the 500 quests. I am on 430. Oh, well, I was going to stop because I need to earn real gold bars now!!!

brazillady
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by brazillady on May 13, 17 10:46 PM
Sorry, I didn't thank you for your help! So how far along are we going to be able to go? I am already having withdrawal symptoms!!!

code is 2615 3684 but I already got you as a friend! thanks again.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on May 14, 17 2:18 AM
brazillady wrote:Hello again Dirk_Tee, I just now followed up on your response I did open Margaret's House and all of the mini scenes. I also did open the Flower Shop, but didn't know about the other 2, the Yacht and the Botanica. But I did the blueprints without any problems.

Now I am wondering how to get the fuel. I guess will have to wait until I fill the whole 350 keepsakes that I am slowly buying to achieve the 100 gold bars, plus hoping to get the 500 quests. I am on 430. Oh, well, I was going to stop because I need to earn real gold bars now!!!

The Yacht and Botanica restaurant's mini-scenes only open during the Valentine's special event.

Best way to earn extra fuel is to fly to Italy, Egypt or Indonesia repeatedly (until you can bear no more ). You break even on the fuel, and have the collections to cash in.
My personal experience is that Italy gives the best results, I win more fuel there than I use, but other players have reported Egypt or Indonesia as their best.
You can buy missing collectibles in the auction, but they are usually expensive.

Easiest way to earn gold is during the special events. Try to make as many collections as you can. You can also win gold on the slot machines. Players reported that you win more gold on the gold slot than you use, but I don't play that one, so I couldn't tell you. The stars slot is the better option in my opinion: it sometimes gives you gold and you win other important keepsakes, resources and food. Now that you have the missing plane part, you don't have to save your stars anymore, so you can use them all.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on May 14, 17 2:33 AM
When you get more friends, you will receive more keys to fill your chests. They will get you food, resources or keepsakes, depending on the chest you selected.
Don't forget to give keys to your friends too !

Once you get the museum buildings to level 3, you can enter them to start new quests and play the mini-games inside. They are free to play, so you will never have a lack of coins from that point on.
The 'Odin Quest' will also be activated: you have to complete and turn in every collection for him, so it will take you at least a full year to satisfy that quest.
Doing that can be considered as the end of the game, but you can also try to bring each game, city and country to guru level or try to level up as many times as you can (someone reported about a player reaching 112).

brazillady
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by brazillady on May 20, 17 8:27 PM
Do you know something I've noticed and I don't know if anybody has posted about this... the crest above the AES door puzzle is a coin gold mine. You never end doing that puzzle. Each time you finish it you can go back again. When you reach Master, you get 5,880 coins each time you complete the puzzle. I have almost 1,000.000 coins in just doing this these last 5 days. Thought I'd let people know if you need money, there is your free bank where you don't need anything other than completing the puzzle, over and over again, without using energy or collections.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 21, 17 8:27 AM
<looking at Dirk>

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on May 21, 17 10:12 AM
@brazillady: True, it's been so long that I forgot about that one. Same goes for the blueprints in the office. You can also assemble them for free coins.

@OddlyEnuh: well, you could have answered that one. Remember a few months ago when I said I was going to quit playing... And now I'm still answering questions. Somehow I can't stop

[Post New]by anniehiles on Jun 2, 17 10:47 PM
Hello, I'm trying to restart my game due to the gloves glitch by following GulfCoastGuppy advice. When I click the gears to choose New Game the option isn't there. I have a Resume Game option, along with Quit, How To Play etc. but no New Game. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not very very knowledgeable with computers.
Many thanks

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jun 3, 17 3:25 AM
When you click the gears, choose Settings, and then New Game (in green).
If you want to do a restart where you keep your collections, gold and coins, remember to disconnect from the internet before clicking the New Game button.

brazillady
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by brazillady on Jun 5, 17 7:41 PM
Hello everybody, now it's me being stuck and not being able to open my Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' ! I am afraid that I did something on my computer and don't want to download and install again, what happens to my game if I do this? Will I have to restart? I was doing so well! Any advice before I pull the plug?

Never mind, I was able to unplug the computer and it rebooted itself. Must be that it was updating another game.

Edited on 06/05/2017 at 8:57:54 PM PST

brazillady
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by brazillady on Jun 5, 17 9:00 PM
Now I am really posting looking for my good friend BLAYZEN!!! where did you go? Your code doesn't work, so please try my code. Please scroll up bc my battery just ran out, gotta go home!

Go to: