klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

Re:List of categorical bonus groupings (animals, foods, locations, etc.)

[Post New]by klfrr on Nov 8, 14 5:41 PM
Good find, eli! I wonder if Ch 9.3 had a sudden third bonus category appear?

Edited on 11/08/2014 at 6:20:56 PM PST

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Dec 15, 14 12:05 PM
Just thought I'd bump this us, since someone is asking about the lists.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Dec 17, 14 11:53 AM
Just a note: the index hasn't been updated for some time now and therefore you should be checking the individual bonus list of the scene you are interested in to see if there have been any changes/corrections.

[Post New]by Pringle4003 on Dec 24, 14 8:43 PM
First of all let me thank you for making and administrating this list. And yes, I agree the "dumbing down" and redoing of many of the HOS scenes is annoying and was unnecessary. With all that said while replaying all the scenes just to make sure everything was updated I of course ran into all the changes. Here are two HOS scene changes I did not find on your present list.

Chapter 4 bonus scene (4) - This Place is a Zoo
Edible
Animals
To the Right of the Bear

Chapter 5 scene 3 - Unlock the Lock
Right of Gourd of Floor
Above the Nest
Found in Water

My apologizes I lack the patience to find and list all the items in the grouping.
Thank you

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 17, 15 6:08 AM
Has anyone had any contact with Elinu? She had said that she would check in from time to time to update the index but she hasn't done so in a really long time and she hasn't answered the PMs some of us have sent her during the past months.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jun 8, 15 4:30 PM
Chapter 7.3 The Houqua (total items: 52) CURRENT VERSION

* Belongs to more than one group

Items NOT Near the Ground (15)

Arrow, Bell, Boxer Shorts*, Compass, Crow, Fishing Hook, Hammock*, Hatchet*, Key, Monkey, Pirate Flag, Rooster, Shoes*, Snow Owl, Star (NOT Thirteen)

Weapons and Wardrobe (13)

Boxer Shorts*, Crown, Gloves, Hatchet*, Life Ring, Mask, Pick Axe*, Pirate Hat, Pistol*, Shoes*, Spear*, Sunglasses, Sword

Made with Wood (14)

Barrel, Campfire, Chair, Christmas Tree, Hammock*, Hatchet*, Map, Oar, Pick Axe*, Pistol*, Ship Wheel, Shovel, Sled, Spear* (NOT Mask)

Remaining (non bonus) items (18) : ArcticFox, Bottle, Bowling Ball, Dog, Feather, Fish, Globe, Gold Bars, Mug, Padlock, Parrot, Penguin, Polar Bear, Rope, Rope Ladder, Snow Angel, Snowman, Thirteen

Note: If you find any errors/omissions, please double check and send me a PM.

ETA: I accidentally noticed that Life Ring qualifies as a Weapons and Wardrobe item , so I edited the list.

Edited on 06/13/2015 at 7:38:34 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jun 8, 15 5:14 PM
Unfortunately the original poster of this thread seems to have stopped playing, therefore the index has not been updated in several months and is now good only for up to page 15. So, the best way to search the thread is at present the following:

1. Starting from page 16 scroll through all posts to see if there is any recent info on the scene you are interested in.

2. If you don't find anything there, go to the index on page 1.

In this way you will make sure that the info you get is the most recent one.

I thought about arranging for the transfer of the current lists to a new thread and leave this one for the rest of the info, suggestions etc, but it's rather cumbersome and I'm not sure how many people read it nowadays...so this will have to do for the time being.

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Jun 11, 15 1:45 AM
Thank you for your efforts

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by malaysiashowbiz on Sep 20, 15 11:44 PM

Edited on 09/21/2015 at 6:54:20 AM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 21, 15 3:14 AM
Well this is a well known issue, some forums are continually infested with such spam. But only one post and in a hidden thread is a first! Mark it as offensive so that the mods will be alerted and remove it. I have already done so, but the more marks the better.

Edited on 09/21/2015 at 3:17:43 AM PST

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Sep 21, 15 6:28 AM
Thanks eli, and thanks to the mods for removing the offending post so quickly.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 25, 16 5:21 AM
I have finally created a new thread called THE BONUS GROUPS NEW THREAD. This was deemed appropriate because:

1. The original poster, Elinu, who used to update the Index, has left the game many months ago and the Index is outdated.
2. The original purpose of the thread was to list just the names of the groups and the number of items in each. It was then expanded to include lists of all items in a bonus group and in a scene. Thus the lists were created later and are all out of order.
3. Half of the scenes were at some point revamped, making the old lists obsolete.
4. The thread is 17 pages long, as it includes many posts between the lists.

For these reasons, this thread is no longer practical. So I have taken the relevant lists from here and copied them to the new thread. Thanks to everyone who has contibuted to the lists- your names appear in the new thread as well.

Edited on 02/25/2016 at 9:44:27 AM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 25, 16 9:44 AM
THE BONUS GROUPS NEW THREAD

As this new thread will not be stickied, I have included a method that facilitates finding the scene you are interested in via a simple forum search. It works just like dmindex:
-- For regular chapters/scenes, you type "dmbonus(space)X.X" in the search box to the right. Example: dmbonus 1.1.
-- For bonus scenes, you type "dmbonus(space)BX". Example: dmbonus B1. This will take you directly to the list.

Also, you can locate the thread by typing its name, THE BONUS GROUPS THREAD, in the search box. Note that the search is not case sensitive.

Edited on 08/21/2016 at 7:44:43 AM PST

Go to: