Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by LaumeRagana on Jan 25, 16 1:44 PM
I've got an impression that item drop rate is diminishing with every day. Three days ago I went through castle and received 4 shards, 7 coins, 7 items, today I've got 4 shards, 12 money, 3 items. All fun have gone from game, at least for me...

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Jan 25, 16 1:52 PM
There must be a better way to let us acquire shards and coins without replacing our source of HOS inventory items

Here's some suggestions, please feel free to add other solutions.

1. Drop more coins and shards from the top where the morphing flowers go

2. Allow every butterfly clicked in our rooms to produce a shard

3. Shards and coins could come from feeding pets

I'm sure there are better ways other than reducing the amount of inventory items needed to play ZZ's, & Craft in the Lab. Let's get our thinking caps on ( like my mother used to say) Fill in some solutions for 4. 5. & 6. above and post them here please.

This situation applies to all levels. My 2nd game *piesy at level 31 is just starting to acquire a build up of inventory which I know will be needed in subsequent levels.

The way things are now, with not as much chance to acquire inventory, there is not the same opportunity afforded lower levels for building inventory.

Level 69 is my main game so all the above situations remain a concern

thank you dev's for your consideration
thankyou friends for your ideas.

datsalotta .....aka * piesy

pianner out!!

Edited on 01/25/2016 at 3:13:16 PM PST

[Post New]by coolcat1966 on Jan 25, 16 1:55 PM
Having read all the comments before , I have to say I think pretty much everything has already been said.
However just to have my opinion added to those already I can only sum things about about the new update by saying
1 . It has taken the pleasure out of the game- a chore is not fun.
2. It has taken the goodwill out of the game - where players once would happily gift to others to help them out with tasks , now players ( and myself) are hanging onto their inventory instead of sharing it.
3. It has taken the choice out of the game. Every player is at a different stage and has differing priorities. We all had choices weather to collect items, disenchant them , gain money/shards from them etc etc.

Whilst I appreciate the game is free and there are players of very high levels, to come into the game now or to be on one of the lower levels has now become very disappointing. A lot less gifting going on, tasks to help progress you through early stages have now become chores. The options for new or mid level players to achieve the gnomes daily tasks are virtually impossible as one can never gather enough inventory without losing all progress in other areas of the game.

What more can I say!

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 25, 16 2:08 PM
datsalotta wrote:There must be a better way to let us acquire shards and coins without replacing our source of HOS inventory items

I'm sure there are better ways other than reducing the amount of inventory items needed to play ZZ's, & Craft in the Lab. Let's get our thinking caps on ( like my mother used to say) Fill in some solutions for 4. 5. & 6. above and post them here please.

This situation applies to all levels. My 2nd game *piesy at level 31 is just starting to acquire a build up of inventory which I know will be needed in subsequent levels.

The way things are now, with not as much chance to acquire inventory, there is not the same opportunity afforded lower levels for building inventory.

# 4..........Trina's Slot spewing a 10 bundle shard......
# 5..........The private room chest giving a 5 bundle shard
# 6..........Morphing flowers giving a 2 bundle shard
AND REPLACING THE HOS's BACK TO dropping ITEMS again.....!!! **D@NgeR** out

[Post New]by alatea on Jan 25, 16 2:31 PM
Has anyone noticed that this new update has not been released for Android? Based on how unhappy everyone is - and the fact that since I'm at level 36 the new stuff wouldn't be available to me anyway - I haven't worried about it. But it does seem odd, as new updates usually roll out to Android a day or two after PC.

Wondering if this means they are reconsidering the changes?

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Jan 25, 16 3:19 PM
General_hobojoe wrote:
datsalotta wrote:There must be a better way to let us acquire shards and coins without replacing our source of HOS inventory items

THANK YOU GENERAL perfect solutions. Anybody else add anything here?
datsalotta aka piesy

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Jan 25, 16 3:41 PM
They could still drop from HOS but make them an EXTRA drop. I wouldn't want them in place of food, stamps or even that pink box but it could be added as an extra drop. Instead of four sometimes dropping it could be five. They could even move the pink boxes over to that drop area. This might be more programming then they want to do hence why they drop instead of the items now.

Oh and as a test every time I went on any of my games today I played the Castle Vicinity. I only got an item when I used the find path. Before I could go in and play a round and if any of the characters were requesting that item it would drop automatically NOW I have to USE that find path. Oh and it wasn't always the item I used the find path for. I went to Mosaic Panel to get a Immortal Treasure and I got a Grasping Handle.

I'm just going with it until I run out of inventory. Well, run out for me means going down to 20 of each item . I spent all of the 20 levels and a good part of the 30's living hand to mouth on my main. I didn't want to have to do that for my alts. I wanted to actually enjoy the story. Anyway, going off topic and moo moo moo.

There are plenty of ways they could give more coins and more shards but I doubt they will do any of it. I'll just keep trying to find the light with this update and keep on keeping on.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 25, 16 3:42 PM
I also have a solid #7.......ready.......i have mentioned this before....maybe 2 months ago.......The ability to use game coins to "purchase" shards........an item has two abilities......enchant it or sell it..........each item sells and enchants for different coins to shards.....ie,.. a ratio...........the xmas cards......sell for 10 coins......yet enchant for 3 shards.......making a "shard" worth 3,3 coins each..............so in that light......let's be able to by them say at 5 or 10 coins each......i would even say 20 coins each.......but still have the ability to use the Hoards of coins for something like this........just ideas.......and ways to use the game.........also id love to deconstruct a craft for the individual items of it.........think about that one.... **D@NgeR** out

Edited on 01/25/2016 at 3:44:32 PM PST

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Jan 25, 16 4:00 PM
Bedazzles:

I don't think most of us have a problem with "hoarders". In fact, I think most of us wish we could have built up a ginormous inventory. You got into this game before we did and while waiting for updates kept yourself busy doing the rounds. Who can fault that? If the mysterious, sinister dev's had a problem with that they could have put a cap on the number of items you could have.

At this point I just come in a few times a day to gift what I can to friends. I've set my wish list to nothing but stamps so my peeps can still gift me and still get postcards for crafting. I've got a few who don't seem to realize the good times are gone and still have lists full of inventory items they ain't gonna get from me. Won't be doing HOS's when commercials are on the intelligence reducing machine. I'd rather watch the commercials now. Much more satisfying. Except I now feel a strange urge to buy feminine hygiene products and a new F150 pickup. Must..buy....tooth whitener......WAIT! I have dentures! I.....ohh! Shiny! My precious!

Edited on 01/25/2016 at 4:10:47 PM PST

[Post New]by strictly2leftfe on Jan 25, 16 4:30 PM
I actually can't believe how upset and angry I am that this game, imo, has been ruined.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 25, 16 4:46 PM
LOL King!...........had a dog named Ratso...........

Strictly2...........I am going through all the stages of grief that they killed this game........now resigned..........I doubt acceptance will ever happen........I will quit first.

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by apmg on Jan 25, 16 4:50 PM
General_hobojoe wrote:

Great ideas guys.

I just want my games back to normal drop rate of needed items as before this awfull rotton update. The coins and shards from hos arent needed but items are. a great game now ruined come Dev's get it sorted QUICK QUICK like now please

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 25, 16 4:52 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:LOL King!...........had a dog named Ratso...........

Strictly2...........I am going through all the stages of grief that they killed this game........now resigned..........I doubt acceptance will ever happen........I will quit first.

I wanna take you all out to dinner.....hows about....prime rib...with yorkshier pudding. roasted potatoes and cream spinach.........horse raddish too with au jus.......and Homemade cheese cake and espressos......with an ammretto after drink......around the fire.........and a game of bridge with the fans....or canasta.......or maybe just good ole conversation....sound good?.....

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jan 25, 16 5:29 PM
How I am playing these days:

Game #1 PC - I have the 4 new pets. I log in twice a day to spin the wheel, play Trina's slots, gift whatever I can, send an airship, and play dice. If I happen to see a flower along the way I pick it.

Game#2 PC - need one more pet. I log in once an hour and play whatever HOS I need to get the last 20 Destiny Keys. I also do the things listed above.

Game #3 iPad - Level 24 Log in and only play to get major quests completed and spin the wheel, play Trina's slots, gift whatever I can, send an airship, and play dice

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 25, 16 5:44 PM
This just makes me so sad. I have no desire to play the game at all. Not having been a hoarder I can't really do much at all.

Love everyone's suggestions and Danger, I hope I'm invited because right now playing yatzee alone sounds more fun than what used to be a nice, fun diversion from the stress in my life. Like many others have said, I used to buy diamonds to support the devs(out of appreciation)! Certainly won't after this update.

I have one foot on the dock and 1 foot in the boat that is sailing away from Castle Island. Its a game its supposed to be fun, not feel like a chore.

Eliana

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 25, 16 6:21 PM
General_hobojoe wrote:
sbaker2318 wrote:LOL King!...........had a dog named Ratso...........

I wanna take you all out to dinner.....hows about....prime rib...with yorkshier pudding. roasted potatoes and cream spinach.........horse raddish too with au jus.......and Homemade cheese cake and espressos......with an ammretto after drink......around the fire.........and a game of bridge with the fans....or canasta.......or maybe just good ole conversation....sound good?.....

Sounds good to me if you throw in some sapote.............haven't played bridge in so long I probably have forgotten how...........but conversation? I can do that!!

tuck6016
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by tuck6016 on Jan 25, 16 6:26 PM
I am wondering why the coins and shards had to be added. If you collected the morphing objects and the butterflies you get them in the process. If you still are not getting what you want they added selling inventory for either item. Seems to me putting shards and coins in the HOS just made it easier for those who didn't like doing the collecting. I thought that part of the game was to do the required actions to get what you need. This last update is a slap in the face for those of us that spent the time collecting them the hard way, find myself playing a lot less than I used to, Just pop in to gift friends and collect daily bonus. Would really like this last update to go away.

cjmax13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by cjmax13 on Jan 25, 16 10:19 PM
New record - 16 HOS in a row I received 15 coins for 12 of them and a shard for the other 4 and nothing but the 50 coins for completing the HOS and a ship item for each of them. No inventory, stamps, or food. The moderators need to change the party line to say once in a blue moon you will receive an inventory time rather than coins and shards may drop for the HOS but so will inventory items. Rarely get an inventory item unless it is a requested item from the characters.

Agree with other posters - this is a boring game now so think I will take break.

Trolden
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Trolden on Jan 26, 16 1:16 AM
I quit immediately after the update. Came back to see if anything had changed - I see it has not. I predicted the game would get immensely boring for me and it would become a huge grind to get to 69. Building up an inventory made me go an extra round sometimes. It helped towards progressing in the game - removing item drops from HoS sucked the fun out of the game and I would rather use my free time on something I actually find fun!

I am still sad about this - especially since I have never been on a forum with such nice people. I still keep my fingers crossed they will change it back, but I must admit I am very doubtful they will do it, it seems like a last attempt to make more money for this game.

Trolden

Debchet
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on Jan 26, 16 4:27 AM
I totally agree with all of you!

They have taken all of the fun out of the game that we all
loved so much.

Bad enough for us "old timers" with inventory but I REALLY
feel bad for the newbies!!!

They have RUINED this game!!! And I see a mutiny coming!

SO SAD!!!

Go to: