Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ forum

[Post New]by TweetyElvis on Mar 24, 13 2:31 PM
sinshack wrote:Is there a reason why we aren't getting the Morphing Objects in this version? They are mentioned in the Blog Walk-Thru, and a poster in another forum mentioned that they didn't work for her, either.

Julie S.

Angel3585
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Angel3585 on Mar 28, 13 9:48 AM
I played the game but because it was my first Mystery Case Files Game I didn't know about th morphing objects. Did notice some thing changing and clicked on them but didn't get them all. Wanna play it again sometime. But I must confess I played it with the sound off. It was a little spooky all alone at home with the scary sound effects

[Post New]by danieljhoormann on Mar 30, 13 9:55 AM
I bought the game. My game manager shows it is playing. I am not able to access the game. I try and play another game, game manager shows there is already a game playing. I have to turn off the computer and turn it back on to play another game because it shows that Dire Grove is playing. Please can anyone suggest something, I am at a loss. Thank you

[Post New]by adrussell on Apr 1, 13 8:20 PM
Loved this game. Of the three I own thus far, it's the best.

[Post New]by Sherrimm on May 11, 13 9:36 AM
Can't get to the main room to get the phone charger. How do I get there?

[Post New]by 4grandma on May 14, 13 5:44 PM
Hello
I am stuck trying to get the generator running. instructions followed to the letter, but nothing happening. Help please?

[Post New]by jamnes on May 22, 13 2:39 PM
does any one know how to access the claire adventure? it says to click on extras but all i see is a picture??????????????? help and yes i am dumb and blind!!!!!!!!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 22, 13 11:29 PM
jamnes wrote:does any one know how to access the claire adventure? it says to click on extras but all i see is a picture??????????????? help and yes i am dumb and blind!!!!!!!!!!
Hi jamnes! Welcome to the forum! It's been quite a while since I played this game - but I am not remembering a "claire adventure" at all. So sorry! Have you checked the walkthrough?

Edited on 05/22/2013 at 11:30:23 PM PST

[Post New]by mizkary on Aug 4, 13 7:04 PM
Hi have been playing quite a while but having prob. Have the hammer and have been banging that poor rabbit 10x+ but his head never falls off. Any suggestions???

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 10, 13 11:18 PM
mizkary wrote:Hi have been playing quite a while but having prob. Have the hammer and have been banging that poor rabbit 10x+ but his head never falls off. Any suggestions???
Hi mizkary! Welcome to the forum!!

Indeed, I have a suggestion...stop! Lol! The rabbit head falling off is part of the bonus features in the Collector's Edition of this game, if you have the Standard Edition you will never get the bunny head to fall off no matter how many times you hit it!

[Post New]by steven_3412 on Aug 15, 13 7:30 PM
you get the phone in the farmhouse hallway once you have the kerosene lamp to see into the hole in the floor
Has anyone noticed that you collect the snowshoes but never use them?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 17, 13 3:25 PM
steven_3412 wrote:
Has anyone noticed that you collect the snowshoes but never use them?

Hi steven_3412! Welcome to the forum! Indeed we have noticed, there are many posts regarding those darn snowshoes. While you do not remove them from your inventory, you must have them in your inventory in order to walk up the snowy hill to the barn (I believe it is). If you don't have them in inventory, you can't get up the hill!

[Post New]by OldIrishfish on Nov 14, 13 6:25 PM
Evidently the preceeding complaints have had llittle effect - I did read the reviews - sounded like just the thing - BUT didn't expect to have a complete standstill with no help from the "Help" button. I tried the game before I bought it and up till the time it shut off - the help button worked (I didn't really need it but used it to see how it worked.) When I purchased the game - guess what ... No more help. I rarely buy CE because I think a few extra bells, whistles and posters are for someone else Beautiful game and would be great fun if only the help button worked like 95% of the rest of the many, many games I've purchased from this company. Legitimate complaints people. P.S. Just bought this game a couple of days ago... sigh ... I wish either I was smarter or the game was easier. No more - spent too much time rechecking virtually every corner and I'm a pretty sucessful gamer - Aaaarugh.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 16, 13 1:45 PM
OldIrishfish wrote:Evidently the preceeding complaints have had llittle effect - I did read the reviews - sounded like just the thing - BUT didn't expect to have a complete standstill with no help from the "Help" button. I tried the game before I bought it and up till the time it shut off - the help button worked (I didn't really need it but used it to see how it worked.) When I purchased the game - guess what ... No more help. I rarely buy CE because I think a few extra bells, whistles and posters are for someone else Beautiful game and would be great fun if only the help button worked like 95% of the rest of the many, many games I've purchased from this company. Legitimate complaints people. P.S. Just bought this game a couple of days ago... sigh ... I wish either I was smarter or the game was easier. No more - spent too much time rechecking virtually every corner and I'm a pretty sucessful gamer - Aaaarugh.
Hi OldIrishfish! Sorry you're having such trouble. You can get in touch with tech support about your non-functional hint button. Or you can just check the walkthrough any time you get stuck, it's a good step-by-step procedural that can be very helpful when you're not sure what to do next. Good luck! I hope you persevere!

P.S. I just remembered, I think the hint button only works in hidden object scenes in this game. Give it a try when you're in a HOG and see if it works then. Obnoxious, I know, I'm just the messenger.

Edited on 11/16/2013 at 1:55:12 PM PST

[Post New]by Feeleyk on Aug 2, 14 1:18 PM
I cannot get the safe to open. I am playing on a iPad and the dials are formed as two on top, two on bottom. I have tried every placement of numbers I possibly can. Any tricks to bypass this? I am stuck until I get it open. Thanks!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 17, 14 8:51 PM
Feeleyk wrote:I cannot get the safe to open. I am playing on a iPad and the dials are formed as two on top, two on bottom. I have tried every placement of numbers I possibly can. Any tricks to bypass this? I am stuck until I get it open. Thanks!
Hi Feeleyk! Welcome to the forum!
Did you get the safe code from the library?

[Post New]by chip43 on Aug 23, 14 3:09 PM
How do I obtain the ashes to place in the urn? I have a lighter, urn, and fire extinguisher but no way to get the wood to make a fire. If there's supposed to be an axe, I don't have one.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 13, 14 9:21 PM
chip43 wrote:How do I obtain the ashes to place in the urn? I have a lighter, urn, and fire extinguisher but no way to get the wood to make a fire. If there's supposed to be an axe, I don't have one.
Hi chip43! Welcome to the forum! Hopefully, you've figured this out already, but just in case SPOILER…you should have found the axe in the cabinet under the microwave in the back room of the grocery store. Use the axe to chop the wood on the snowy path. Place the chopped wood in the fireplace, light with lighter, then extinguish with fire extinguisher.

Since this is an older game and not too many players visit this forum anymore, if you find yourself stuck in the future you can always check the Walkthrough. The link to that can be found in the thread titled "Walkthrough now available for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove". It's near the top of the first page of this forum, marked with a lower case "i" in an orange circle. Go to the first post on the first page (in yellow) and click on the link! Good luck! Hope this helps!

Go to: