XanthFan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Deadtime Stories

[Post New]by XanthFan on Jul 17, 10 6:32 PM
One of my new favorites!
I hope the sequel becomes available soon.
Great variety of puzzles, and graphics.
too morbid for younger players. But if you enjoy mysteries and stories you'll love this one.

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Jul 20, 10 3:44 AM
loved this game artwork is fantastic shame it ended are there anymore anyone fed up with the latest dream chronicle should give this ago

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Jul 20, 10 4:06 PM
Loved this game ...it was a lot of fun. Everyone has their own opinion but the voodoo aspect didn't bother me at all...after all it is just a game and a fascinating one at that.
That said, I wish I hadn't bought it from another site who promised an extra game that didn't even work. From now on, I will stay w/ . But a very good game--short but sweet

Edited on 07/20/2010 at 4:07:52 PM PST

[Post New]by violinist1981 on Jul 21, 10 12:04 AM
I just finished the game, and I have to admit that I love it!!! I was kind of disappointed that the game did not last longer, so I am hoping that they make a sequel for this game. The puzzles were intriuging, and I have to admit that the storyline was one of the most unique that I have found and played- and I do play alot of hidden object games.

jasmine711
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by jasmine711 on Jul 21, 10 11:20 AM
I saw a recommendation for this game in another thread so I decided to give the demo a try. I LOVED it from the very beginning. It is a definite buy for me. Darn BFG discovery now I don't get anything done, hehe.

Zmija6
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Zmija6 on Jul 23, 10 12:04 PM
So many positive reviews - I deffinately had to download the demo. And I did. The story was interesting and unique, unlike usual HOGs. The graphics were stunning, some kinda creepy ex. the ghosts and spirits. I wasn't playing with the sound on so I can't tell anything about the music. Hidden object scenes were quite easy.I like that there's no timing in the game and that you can use hints. The game is too short though,I'd prefer if it was longer.
To me it's a pretty nice game. I will purchase it one day.It's not first on my list,but it's totally on it.

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on Jul 25, 10 2:13 PM
I am posting yet another positive comment, just have to give praise when praise is due.
I Loved, Love, Love, Love Deadtime Stories. Right up there with my favorites RTR and PuppetShow. Great story hope Mr. Edward Blackgate will be telling other of the 1000 stories he has in his cemetary very very soon. Graphics were of beauty, personalities were lovely, game was great, decently long (wanted it longer of course), loved the cultural aspect, I felt I was in early New Orleans.
Impatiently waiting for a sequel, hopefully will be translated to French, I speak French and English, but lots of my friends speak French. Enjoy !

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jul 30, 10 10:20 AM
I loved this game as well. Loved the characters and the whole New Orleans thing. Will definitely be playing again. I didn't have to use the walk through at all and for me the game was perfect length.

Luna_71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Luna_71 on Aug 6, 10 7:38 PM
i am only only chapter 3 ... but damn - after just a few minutes of chapter one i knew ... JUST KNEW ... that this was a special game!

the graphics are superb! the music is spot on! the voice acting is the best i've heard so far @ BFG ... especially the main character jesse.

the visuals are stunning and colorful and freaky and scary and icky ... and wonderful!

the sound effects are great ... the buzzing flies make me want to swat them!!!

i am SO SO SO excited to finish playing this ... and i sure hope that there are more, many many more, games from this publisher and in this vein.

thanks BFG! i am SO entertained with this game.

puzzles are just the right difficulty too, and the hints don't fill up too fast either - good good stuff! possibly best game i've played here so far, and i've played upwards of 50.

highly recommended!!

melissasignal
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by melissasignal on Aug 25, 10 4:51 PM
It is a great game, well worth the money...I just need a sequel-ASAP!
I agree with the few who have said the narrators voice did not fit him at all; really, would it be too much to take the authenticity up just one more notch? Other than that, it's a winner!

Edited on 08/25/2010 at 4:54:13 PM PST

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Aug 27, 10 4:12 PM
Dark! Very dark! Voodoo! YAY!

No, I'm not into Voodoo at all, but the game told an interesting story. Sometimes a little confusing though - apparently in most cases you play the voodoo priestess, but in one scene (antidote) somebody else. The one who is told the story perhaps?

And that's the biggest quirk I have with the game already: This is NOT Deadtime Stories, this is Deadtime STORY! I kept waiting for a new story to start but it never came. It still provided good length though.

Also, finally some challenging minigames! I love those logic trainers (in chemists) - they also had a good one at Waverly Academy - and loved the one with the skulls at the cemetery. Took me several tries to type in "Esther", since the buttons in this rissle were kinda small.

Anyway, a great game and definitely recommended - if you aren't opposed to dark stuff.

zuice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by zuice on Aug 30, 10 2:57 AM
great games!! love the graphics and story..

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jerry99 on Sep 2, 10 7:47 PM
Just finished the game and it was one of the best I have played. The graphics were outstanding and the story was good and kept me interested. Very good, I hope there is a sequel.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 2, 10 11:03 PM
I raved about this game threads back when it was released. I still have the game icon on my desktop and first I want to replay again, I think I played it twice before, each time got better. It is a very special game, not many come along (at this price especially) that just reek with quality. I wished it didn't end either but considering production values so packed in this, and time to make it, I can accept the length and no other stories in it, was probably way over budget anyway. I'm just happy it didn't get watered down with short cuts, art, color, writing, voices, story, it was all there and so immersive with atmosphere.Did you read the credits? How much talent went into this project?

I wondered if it were first in a collection of stories to come. But actually, on reflection there were more stories within it, like those in the cemetary, their names etc. As soon as I catch up with other games I keep buying, I can't wait to jump in again.

No, voodoo doesn't phase me, after all this is all part of an old urban legend, who knows what was true or what was superstition and myth. Just go with the fantasy like a good movie. Oh gosh, I didn't even get lost wandering, gotta love having your own coachman to take you around, ask where too. I LOVED THAT and all the other touches that made me feel part of the story, well, an observer at least if not in a role. The violence was only references to it, not part of the game. Even the end, did that really happen or a coincidence, or part of the gossip?

[Post New]by xandersmomk on Sep 7, 10 8:34 AM
I liked the voodoo theme and graphics were very nice. The making spells was different and the puzzles were good. The only thing bad I have to say is that is was way too short. I paid 4.99 for it with the summer special. I am glad I didn't use one of my game credits for it. I would have been mad given the shortness of game play.

erbusbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by erbusbee on Sep 15, 10 11:48 PM
Love the voodoo theme, love the story, love the characters. I'd be delighted to see a sequel to this, or another game with a similar feel to it. Only wish it were longer!

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Sep 30, 10 6:23 PM
Lots o fun. Interesting and leaned some of another culture. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Graphics are sharp. Some objects tiny, but not all dark and a somewhat easy to find. I enjoyed mixing the potions. Overall, great fun! Buy this one.

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Oct 8, 10 12:13 PM
Have wanted to play this game for a while; anytime I talk to HOGers they rave about it. Kudos to Iplay and Nikitova Games for capturing the essence of New Orleans and Voodoo in this imaginative, creative game . If you've ever been to Bourbon Street in New Orleans, it will take you back to Marie Laveau's [Voodoo] Shop, and remind you of all the sights! The incredibly beautiful graphics/artwork with vibrant colors and trailing flower tendrils [think Tim Burton's stuff] in scenes that will blow your sox off! Wonderful story line, sound effects, and sites that compliment the narrative....Loved the idea of potions [gathering, mixing] and characters. A good mixture of HOG and puzzles that were varied and not too difficult to figure out........I think I only skipped 1 or 2 [ 1 when it wouldn't let me grab the twine to assemble the doll]. My only complaints would be the "floaty" cursor [that you can't change], and it was too short.......otherwise ......... *smack

mutemia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mutemia on Oct 9, 10 12:50 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game and the well developed story. The game is very immersing and I felt drawn into the story. I loved the gorgeous graphics, the fantastic voice acting, and the challenging but not too challenging puzzles. I thought the voodoo aspect was interesting, and I was pleased to see black women in lead roles. I can't wait to buy the next installment.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Oct 11, 10 2:38 PM
This game was excellent all the way around, as others have said. Beautiful and creative graphics, perfectly paced adventure game elements and a well-told creepy storyline. I loved everything about it and can't wait for the next one!

Go to: