Rhondalay
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

New Card Backs

[Post New]by Rhondalay on Dec 22, 14 5:41 AM
When will I be able to buy new card backs? I says I need to purchase snowmen to get new backs, but where do I purchase snow men??? Is there a store I'm not finding? Or do I wait for the end of the game? There's no "help" in the game about this.... Anyone figure this out yet?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:New Card Backs

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 22, 14 4:42 PM
I was just asking the same question in another thread. I too wonder when I can unlock more back card images. I mean, I hope I don't have to wait until I am halfway through the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 22, 14 6:32 PM
I just bought my first Snowman. It appears after you have finished day 8 in the game.

norry02
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by norry02 on Dec 23, 14 12:41 AM
I was 3/4 of the way thru the game before I stumbled on the new backs. Click on Options from the main menu. At the bottom under the word Credits is a little circle on the right side with a few cards in it. When it opens that's where your new "backs" will be. There are 3 additional backs that you earn/purchase during the game. You get them when certain buildings are purchased but I don't remember which ones. I just purchased all the buildings as they became available.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 23, 14 12:53 AM
Thank you, norry. But we already know where the back card are. You only get them when you purchase snowmen. I got my first snowman after completing day 8.

And we received an answer from the devs in the "Lapland Solitaire" thread.

Edited on 12/23/2014 at 1:21:51 AM PST

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Dec 23, 14 7:17 PM
I finished the game, had all the necessary snowmen, and selected a new card back and when I went back to the game, it was the original back. Tried several times to change backs but it just wouldn't take. Still was a cute and quite addictive game.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Dec 29, 14 4:34 PM
caseymom wrote:I finished the game, had all the necessary snowmen, and selected a new card back and when I went back to the game, it was the original back. Tried several times to change backs but it just wouldn't take. Still was a cute and quite addictive game.

Hi Caseymom,

After unsuccessfully trying a few times to use a new card back, I finally discovered it needs to be done from the solitaire layout screen.

1. Just hit PLAY to open a layout screen
2. From that screen, hit MENU. (That should bring up a PAUSE dialogue box.)
3. Choose SETTINGS. (That should bring up another dialogue box with a small circle with picture of cards on the bottom left side.
4. Click on the circle with picture of cards. (That should bring up the card back(s) you have unlocked.)
5. Double click on the card back you wish to use. This should immediately change the card backs in the solitaire layout to the backs you have selected.

Hope this helps. It worked for me and I changed backs several times during the game.

I loved this game. Best new solitaire game I've discovered lately.

Happy New Year to all!

Classicaljazz

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Jan 4, 15 11:42 AM
Finished game, loved it but still couldn't buy last back even though I had all snowmen?? Didn't really detract from a lovely game which has kept me amused all Christmas as you can just pick up from your last play.

Go to: