Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

General Question

[Post New]by Yaelle on Dec 22, 14 6:37 AM
I really hope someone can answer this because it's VERY hard to get an answer since they removed the general forum!!!

I simply want to know - games like lets say this one - if they show up as F2P, are there ever options to buy them????
is it possible to end up spending infinite money on them,??
why do they put the $0 price tag on virtually everything??? people can't possibly believe everything is free....

Or if it's an energy-based system - HOW CAN YOU TELL?????? Before buying a game?

This whole thing feels so shady to me. I just want to buy some games, I'm not trying to perform intricate financial operations. And I'm sure as check not trying to e nd up spending more than what/ I'd normally pay for the cost of a full game.

thanks, other players.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

Re:General Question

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Dec 22, 14 8:29 AM
If a game is "free to play" there will be no option to purchase. I believe that ideally, from the viewpoint of the developers, they would be infinite, or constantly being updated with more content. Spend infinite money? I play the Poe F2P and haven't spent a cent of real money! I don't run out of free time even playing daily. I am obviously not their desired customer!

I am not sure what an "energy-based system" is. Do you mean a game where you play as long as you have energy? That is the way it is with Nightfall: An Edgar Allen Poe Mystery. You can buy more in the way of food etc. Or, you earn more by playing, or waiting until the next day. I haven't run out of energy since the first few days I played.

A Free 2 Play game will show only a "Play Free" button to download the game. That is only the case on BFG, other sites will say something different. The other part of "play games free" here is only the free demo time.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:General Question

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 22, 14 10:17 AM
Hey twinsoniclab

Thanks for stopping by with that information!

Yaelle, I'd also like to add a few more clarifying points. You can always tell the difference between a Free to Play game and a Premium game by the available buttons. Free to Play games will have just a blue "Play Free" button, and on the side, you'll see a list of the "Top In-Game Purchases". You'll also see the game labeled as Free to Play on the left, under the picture. If you'd like to see more information on Free to Play games, I've included the help article below:

Free to Play Games (Midnight Castle, Dark Manor, etc.)

Premium games will have both a "Buy" button and a blue "Play Now" button for the trial download. Some games, if there isn't a trial available, will only have the green "Buy" button. Once a Premium game is purchased, it's yours to keep, and there won't be any in-game purchases offered.

As twinsoniclab mentioned, its definitely not necessary to purchase items to play a Free to Play game. In-game purchases are offered to help enhance or speed up gameplay. These can include power ups or in-game currency, and even limited time items. Purchasing is entirely optional, and the amount purchased is entirely in your control

As Free to Play games are not purchased on their own, you can play as long as you want and get an idea of how the game operates, at no cost. This will allow you to see if a game operates using energy that recharges with time or if it uses lives.

As this question has been addressed, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. In the future, if there's a general question, one that isn't about a specific game, please feel free to PM one of the Mods, and we're happy to help out

bfgVaiya

Go to: