Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

General Question

[Post New]by Yaelle on Dec 22, 14 6:40 AM
This could pertain to this particular game o r to several others.
I really hope someone can answer this because it's VERY hard to get an answer since they removed the general forum!!!

I simply want to know - games like lets say this one - if they show up as F2P, are there ever options to buy them????
is it possible to end up spending infinite money on them,??
why do they put the $0 price tag on virtually everything??? people can't possibly believe everything is free....

Or if it's an energy-based system - HOW CAN YOU TELL?????? Before buying a game?

This whole thing feels so shady to me. I just want to buy some games, I'm not trying to perform intricate financial operations. And I'm sure as check not trying to e nd up spending more than what/ I'd normally pay for the cost of a full game.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

Re:General Question

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 22, 14 7:10 AM
If the game is F2P, it should say it in the game description. Christmas Stories is not a F2P game, so if you purchase it, you will own the game. There are F2P games based on popular hidden object game series, but again, it should say so in the game description.

If it is a F2P game, there is not an option to buy the game. The gameplay will depend on the type of game it is. If you find a particular F2P game you like, there will probably be a forum page for it where you can get a feel for the game before you play. Spending money on a F2P is your decision, but it may take longer to reach certain achievements. It is also possible to complete the current storyline of a F2P game and have to wait until an update is released by the game developer.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:General Question

[Post New]by Yaelle on Dec 23, 14 12:11 AM
Ok thanks!
I imagine that one could end up spending wild amounts of money with those. I don't know of too many games I'd be willing to do that with. C ertainly not any casual games e.g. ones that only last 4 or 5 hours.

Go to: