TGT: Samantha Swift & the Golden Touch

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Apr 29, 09 2:09 AM
Running late this morning and cannot find a thread for this? Any reviews yet? Just downloading and feeling excited about it!!!

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

Re:TGT: Samantha Swift & the Golden Touch

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Apr 29, 09 2:17 AM
Hi Cats, I just got through playing the demo, well, 38 minutes of it. It's staying true to the first one, I love it! There are alot of objects to uncover and things to do. I only stopped because I want to drag out the enjoyment until I can buy it. There are plenty of hints and lightning bolts to find for extra hints, too. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one too! Happy gaming!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 29, 09 2:50 AM
The game is pretty much like the first one. I just played the 1 hour demo so far.

Find HO's
Find "tools" to use in the area where your cursor turns blue.
Do stuff.
Go to other rooms / areas to do more stuff.
Assemble stuff.
I only had one "puzzle" in my demo. It was putting a picture back together. I didn't really care for the green rotating arrows. I would rather just click the mouse to rotate. Wait, there was a 2nd puzzle. Putting some busts on pedestals to make them even.

I believe you start out with 3 hints and obtain more by finding the lightening bolts in the scenes. I have never run out & only used about 3 of them so far.
There is a sonar thing-a-ma-gig that lets you see the HO without using a hint.
I didn't do a lot of random clicking, but from what I did, I did not get a hand slap.
Great clear graphics & I loved the music / sound affects.
Some of those HO's can be hard to find, but that's good since they blend into the scenes & are not just junk thrown around or piled up.
The HO's you find are relavent to the game. They are either tools, items for the museum or things needed for the story line.

I did not read the story because I wanted to get in more of the actual game play so I don't know about that part.
I have no idea how long the game is.

My opinion...... Kewl!
I can only give it 4 stars since I only played one hour of the game. I would say well worth my $7 game credit.

PS...... did you see the crazy monk slipping in and out of doors in the first scene? I clicked on the bugger & he just went "poof", but it was a sparkly poof.

Edited on 04/29/2009 at 2:58:49 AM PST

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Apr 29, 09 2:59 AM
scotcat wrote:
PS...... did you see the crazy monk slipping in and out of doors in the first scene? I clicked on the bugger & he just went "poof", but it was a sparkly poof.

I saw that little bugger and did what you did and he went poof! I wonder if we'll be seeing him anymore in the game?

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Apr 29, 09 3:01 AM
Thank you. Looking forward to the little monk now! Have to wait to play today - taking my group of old ladies shopping and yes they do think they fall under the elderly bracket! Youngest is 84!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 29, 09 3:10 AM
catsholidayhome wrote:Thank you. Looking forward to the little monk now! Have to wait to play today - taking my group of old ladies shopping and yes they do think they fall under the elderly bracket! Youngest is 84!

How sweet of you cats. Ya know, some of them "old ladies" can be real fun if you get the right group together. We were at a cat fancy social gathering and one of the judges (she was about 70ish+ back then) was doing shots with my hubby & she was winning!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 29, 09 3:35 AM
[scotcat] "I didn't do a lot of random clicking, but from what I did, I did not get a hand slap."

Oh, you do get a slap! The PDA gets black screen and is under repairs...

When you click on the object, you see it's shadow and it's position in the PDA - so it's quite a punishment...

I agree about the graphics - they are like looking at the fireworks on 4th of July!!! To show you, that bright and aesthetic screens are more astonishing than the blurry and dark ones.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 29, 09 3:37 AM
Nice review Scotcat! I concur. I must have gotten about as far as you as I also played both minis. I also read everything. I was just a little ticked at the start with all the pop-ups but after a while they mostly stopped. So far, this is very like the first game which was a good one. I love the graphics. If I were Felix, this would be on my list even though it is easier than some and maybe not quite as clever as one or two others. It is starting out pretty well.

This is the first non-LF game that I have DL'd and got a pop-up warning me that it was a large file and might take a couple hours to get. It took about 15 min. more or less. I guess this is the largest game I have gotten with Vista. Vista loves pop-ups.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 29, 09 3:45 AM
Oh, you do get a slap! The PDA gets black screen and is under repairs...

When you click on the object, you see it's shadow and it's position in the PDA - so it's quite a punishment...

Well, I didn't do much random clicking. I was going to make a "joke" about clickity pants & finger indents in your mouse, but I'm afraid people might take me too serious.

tityot
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tityot on Apr 29, 09 3:50 AM
bonjours

excuser je ne parle pas anglais

je suis bloqué pour trouver le casque (helmet)
j'ai une clé, une echarpe, une pelle, un parachute, un fer a cheval
que dois je faire
merci d'avance
tyot

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 29, 09 4:03 AM
Use the scarf (you make a knot of it and pull the helmet out of the holl).

He he, I don't speak French, but it's almost English, isn't it?

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 29, 09 4:10 AM
Oh hang it all, somehow I missed playing the first. Now I'll have to buy them both.

hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by hollie96 on Apr 29, 09 4:12 AM
Bummer. It doesn't work for me when downloaded from BF, either. Just like when I tried the demo at RA. Guess I'll contact support and hope they can help. This stinks, I've so been looking forward to this game.

Just in case, here's the error message I am getting:
Access violation at address 0041B71E in module "Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch.exe' Read of address 0000000.

Anybody here got any ideas what that means? Off to contact support.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 29, 09 4:14 AM
I know that you can google error messages and find out what they mean. I've only done it once or twice, though.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Apr 29, 09 4:28 AM
Oh I haven't bought the first one as well ..is it necessary to buy it to play this sequel ???

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 29, 09 4:29 AM
Not necessary, but it just seems too much fun to pass up.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Apr 29, 09 4:31 AM
OK ..well I just wish they were Felix favourites

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 29, 09 4:35 AM
tityot wrote:bonjours

excuser je ne parle pas anglais

je suis bloqué pour trouver le casque (helmet)
j'ai une clé, une echarpe, une pelle, un parachute, un fer a cheval
que dois je faire
merci d'avance
tyot

Utilisez l'écharpe au-dessus du trou dans la terre pour prendre le casque. Utilisez la pelle pour creuser vers le haut une certaine terre où votre curseur tourne le bleu et puis employez la clef sur le coffre. Continuez à vérifier votre boîte à outils et les secteurs où votre curseur tourne le bleu. Bonne chance !

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Apr 29, 09 4:38 AM
Wow Scotcat, I did not know you could speak French Moi aussi d'ailleurs mais je n'ai pas encore commence le jeu

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 29, 09 4:43 AM
sawadee93 wrote:Wow Scotcat, I did not know you could speak French Moi aussi d'ailleurs mais je n'ai pas encore commence le jeu

Hehehe.... go play! Oh, and it's worth getting the first one also. Not sure you have to since I can't remember the story after all this time, but I liked the game. I'm headed off now to play games.

Go to: