Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 24, 14 1:25 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/31/2014 at 11:45:07 PM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 24, 14 7:17 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 24, 14 10:21 AM
Since today IS Christmas Eve, I just can't get into a game
that talks about midnight of this day being the time for
evil to take power and to be making spells and dealing
with Voodoo dolls.

Don't have a bit of a problem with these things in most
games, just feel uncomfortable with having them mixed
into Christmas.

truman99
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by truman99 on Dec 24, 14 11:13 AM
Based on COMPLETED GAME AND BONUS CHAPTER. (Collector's Edition)

AWESOME GAME !!!! I've just finished this game for the third time, and it was wonderful. It has beautiful graphics, just right for a Christmas game. I found the game to be plenty challenging, because I played with NO black-bar hints. It really put my old brain to work, but in a good way!

I took my time and enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere, but even still it seemed to be quite a long game...well worth the money!

I thought the bonus chapter was brilliant. Thank you so much, ERS and Big Fish Games, for this delightful Christmastime adventure!!!

P.S. The story may seem a bit grim at the first...at least TRY the full demo before you decide it's not a Christmas-themed game!!

[Post New]by leonamcboner on Dec 28, 14 9:08 AM
The game was alright. I am a bit partial to ERS graphics and stories so bought this when it was on offer.

I just found that some of the solutions were a bit random and I had to use the hint button to keep me on track of where I should use some items next, and even then I found myself trying every item to find the answer!?!? Anybody else feel like this?

Lovely game and storyline though.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jan 1, 15 11:49 AM
I was really disappointed in this game. I love holiday-themed games and figured this would be a good one since the developer is ERS (one of my favorite developers).

Many of the inventory items I picked up were confusing. I did eventually use them, but in odd areas or circumstances. There were keys I had picked up which had a certain color tag on them and I knew I had to use them to unlock something with the same color. However, I never could find a matching color item to unlock so I just started using them on other locks. The key did eventually unlock an item but the color tag "magically" changed to the item I had just unlocked. Strange. After awhile I just started using items at random (even if they made no sense) and sometimes they would work. Also found it odd that I would come across a recipe to make but would not know what the recipe did until after I had made it.

There were just too many "makes no sense" situations in this game.

Sad to say, but I was glad when the game ended. Speaking of endings, there is an ending to this game but it could have been much better. Why wasn't the storyline used to enhance the ending?

I did find the graphics to be really nice. They were well detailed and quite colorful.

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 11:49:58 AM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 13, 15 8:26 AM
Played the demo and bought the game quite awhile ago so getting back into it was a bit confusing. Didn't exactly think this was a very long game because it only took about 1/2 hour to finish it. Maybe I played more than the demo? Who knows.

Graphics, voice overs and animations were pretty good. An odd kind of Christmas game which seemed a bit childish at times. I found the map a bit confusing and even though it was a transporter map I found navigating around the game with the hint a lot quicker.

Hint and Skip seemed to recharge almost instantly which was a plus. HOS and mini games were interesting and did not dominate the game which made it more fun to play. Got tired of being in the cold for so long! .

Well this was an OK game which I will give a 3+ out of 5 for.

Go to: