Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 10, 12 8:28 PM
Fargosis - same thought occurred to me, but wasn't sure if it had been said yet...so I'll second that musing!!

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 8:33:05 PM PST

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 10, 12 8:29 PM
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not a jigsaw puzzle! I hate jigsaw puzzles....I'll work until I'm cross-eyed on them! Once I start I can't quit!

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 10, 12 8:36 PM
Eoarod wrote:Fargosis - same thought occurred to me, but wasn't sure if it had been said yet...so I'll second that musing!!

The kid and do dude are both holding the albino banana

[Post New]by mcf_square_eyes on Nov 10, 12 8:46 PM
33% done on the puzzle and not sure I want to admit how many minutes..... Ok 111 (inclusive of child wrangling and lunch making) It's a bit of a bummer to read that at it's conclusion there is no amazing revelations, no fanfare, fireworks, sky falling I guess it's just good old fashioned sense of achievement?

Picman, Hondo, would you care to let us know if this is nothing more than a way to keep our fins a flurry?

I have to finish it now which is somewhat frustrating as I have a lot of RL goals I need to kick today

Fargosis love the

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 10, 12 8:49 PM
The jigsaw puzzle is concept art from RTR, nothing more. You don't have to put it together if you don't like jigsaw puzzles, there's no clues (as far as we know).

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 10, 12 8:50 PM
The kid and do dude are both holding the albino banana

I've never seen an albino banana and I never hope to, but this made me .

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 10, 12 8:54 PM
77 minutes to finish the puzzle; nothing that I spotted in there appeared to be a clue.

[Post New]by questforspirit on Nov 10, 12 9:12 PM
bri_rose1978 wrote:77 minutes to finish the puzzle; nothing that I spotted in there appeared to be a clue.
I think since their recording the time to finish it the one who finishes the fastest will get the game for free?

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 10, 12 9:19 PM
mcf_square_eyes wrote:33% done on the puzzle and not sure I want to admit how many minutes..... Ok 111 (inclusive of child wrangling and lunch making) It's a bit of a bummer to read that at it's conclusion there is no amazing revelations, no fanfare, fireworks, sky falling I guess it's just good old fashioned sense of achievement?

Picman, Hondo, would you care to let us know if this is nothing more than a way to keep our fins a flurry?

I have to finish it now which is somewhat frustrating as I have a lot of RL goals I need to kick today

Fargosis love the

Thanx

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 10, 12 9:29 PM
Good morning everyone!

I love jigsaws but I'm up to the nose with work today. Will pass it and save it for the evening (apparently since there aren't any clues in it either - blast!)

I do think the "Albino Banana" is either a rune (most likely) or a talon (of some weird giant birdie )

Will do some more thinking!! And love the s Fargosis. I wish I was gifted with lyric-making. I could kill a cat with my lyrics.

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 9:44:41 PM PST

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 10, 12 11:14 PM
Omigosh, there's so much to catch up with! I'm afraid I've caught the Shadow Lake virus , and I have a big move to pack for, so I'm probably going to spend the rest of the spec thread enjoying the fruits of everyone else's awesome theorizing and clue-solving.

A reminder for Johnny (or Jack...or Doc...or Talon)-come-latelys to the thread: you can find a compilation of theories from members who are "on the right track" on page 138. I'll take this opportunity to also note that there is a comprehensive clues & solutions list on pg 106, an abbreviated version on pg. 30, and a list of popular theories to date on pg. 40.

Hmm...Maybe "on the right track" has something to do with mines

Crystalcove22 I, too, had the thought that maybe the boy (and man?) is holding a giant talon. What if it doesn't belong to a bird? What if it belongs to a dinosaur?? I know we generally think of talons belonging to birds, but dinos are the birdies' forebears and their toenails are sometimes referred to as "talons".

Depictions of aliens are usually somewhat reptilian... What if the frequently recurring alien head in Hondo and Picman's posts isn't supposed to be taken at face value, but instead represents a dino? Perhaps the spear (in the "shake" clue) is indicative of prehistoric times. (Though, as far as I'm aware, dinos and people did not exist at the same time. Despite what Hollywood B-movies would have us believe )

Or...maybe an alien spaceship crash-landed millions of years ago and a surviving passenger carved runes into a dinosaur's talon. Maybe an earthquake unearthed the spaceship *and* the talon. Or only the talon was unearthed and will lead us to the buried spaceship.

Speaking of spaceships and aliens, the Roswell incident happened in 1947. Close enough to the time period for some of the artwork, no?

More silliness: "Some things never change." Maybe this refers to the MCF screenshots on FB from RTR and DG. It could simply mean that we're going to see more hidden object scenes and Rube Goldberg puzzles.

bows123456: I like where you mind is at! One of our "members to watch" theorized that a phone could play a role in the story. If "digits" is slang for phone, we might have to safeguard our phone from paranormal influences, e.g.

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 10, 12 11:30 PM
Vultraz: It sounds like perhaps your friend is feeling insecure. They might be wondering if you're too good for them because you enjoy intellectually stimulating games and they like shoot 'em ups. Of course, that's no excuse for dissing your interests, but people sometimes say nasty things when they're suffering a low self-esteem attack.

The world would be an infinitely better place, IMHO, if people played more cerebral games (like MCF) and fewer shoot 'em ups. Maybe your friend will feel inspired to try some of your favorite games one day soon. Tell them it might do them some good to spend time exercising their grey matter instead of their trigger finger

Well, I'm off to enjoy a martini-flavored milkshake (or maybe not ) in The House That Definitely Is Here.

"Albino banana" sounds like a naughty euphemism

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 1:00:31 AM PST

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 10, 12 11:50 PM
crazycatfishlady wrote: "Albino banana" sounds like a naughty euphemism

Now that you mention it...

And I totally agree you on the games, crazycatfishlady . I've grown sick of first person shooters hence I'm looking for more unique games. Right now MCF is at the very top of the list

Edit: I MORPHED! Lobsterrrrr

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 11:50:41 PM PST

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 11, 12 12:07 AM
Taa Raah Rah boom de aaa
I'll leave you all to play
Jigsaws are not my friend
my minds gone round the
bend.

Taa Raah Rah boom de aaa
In my sweet bed I'll stay
I won't be counting sheep
I'll ponder clues to sleep!

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 11, 12 12:28 AM
Did anyone see TGT Alien town. What I read about the game sounds very similar to some of the guesses we are making about Shadow Lake. It also involves a Tv show and a special agent.

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 12:42:44 AM PST

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 11, 12 2:45 AM
Some further thoughts on the possible "Skyfall" connection now that I've had some sleep...

Bond is told in the movie that everyone left the island practically overnight due to a manufactured "chemical spill" on the part of the main villain (it was totally bogus, of course, but ended up netting him what he wanted). What if, in Shadow Lake, the chemical spill was real? It killed numerous people and the rest fled in fear, and now the ghosts of the people killed want vengeance on the man responsible for their deaths (I'm guessing the man in the business suit on the poster). I'm still leaning toward radiation in some form though; it just makes more sense to me for some reason.

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 11, 12 3:19 AM
That seems very possible, bri_rose. I think there has been some sort of radiation as well (from the job posting) Maybe from the same clue, we could deduce that earthquake caused the radiation spill? Since we have 'shake' as well. Like Fukushima.

[Post New]by mcf_square_eyes on Nov 11, 12 5:22 AM
Been a very quiet weekend on the spec thread. Although that puzzle is time consuming! I have been fitting it in around RL and am at 76% I have been thinking though that while fishies who have completed it can't see a clue in it, could it be an inference about the gameplay?

If this is concept artwork from RTR as a poster (apologies for not remembering who) mentioned earlier, could it mean that the PUZZLES in the game have returned to what we know and loved from earlier Ravenhearsts? Back to the frustratingly awesome Rube Goldberg style? That would be fab but if the puzzle was nothing more than something to do then I still appreciate the effort.

Love this time of year, love reading everyone's musings/speculations & solutions and love BFG for there taunting, headscratching efforts. Just love it!

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 11, 12 6:10 AM
Maybe our magic banana caused everyone in the town to die
Because
Magic

[Removed by Moderator]

And it's like Adjcting, or gives you the powers of teh godz

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 11:54:59 AM PST

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 11, 12 6:25 AM
shanette1706 wrote:That seems very possible, bri_rose. I think there has been some sort of radiation as well (from the job posting) Maybe from the same clue, we could deduce that earthquake caused the radiation spill? Since we have 'shake' as well. Like Fukushima.

I can get behind that, somewhat; except I'm pretty sure that, assuming we're dealing with an earlier timeframe than modern times, that there wouldn't be any nuclear plants nearby to cause a radioactive spill. I realize that's a big assumption, but there are indications that's approximately the timeframe the disaster or whatever it was occurred. I'm still leaning toward some kind of mining accident, for some reason; a lot of mining towns sprung up out of nowhere and faded just as quickly in the early years of the country; mining accidents and explosions caused thousands of deaths, etc. I can still get behind the idea of an earthquake exposing some naturally occurring radioactive material, thereby poisoning the nearby town. If you get sufficient exposure to radioactive material, you can sicken and die in a matter of hours, so it could still fit the timeline of the town being abandoned or dying off overnight.

Gah, I need more information!!! Picman, Hondo, where are you?????

Go to: