Retiredmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Unable to play Samantha Smith and the Golden Touch

[Post New]by Retiredmom on Apr 29, 09 8:35 PM
When I tried to open the game, I got an exception error - EOle exception in module Samantha Smith and the Golden Touch.exe at 00089706 - a script engine for the specified language can not be created. Whatever this error means, it trashed my whole Big Fish access. When I try to download a game, I get a large blue screen with nothing on it. Can't send a message in Blue Fish help because it won't let me send it. Help!!!

Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,767 Posts

Re:Unable to play Samantha Smith and the Golden Touch

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on Apr 29, 09 8:59 PM
If you are using Vista, right-click the .exe of a game download and choose Run as Administrator. Then see if the Big Fish Games Client will open and download the game.

If you're not using Vista or that doesn't work, you can try uninstalling the Big Fish Games Client and then reinstalling it by trying to download a game.

If you want to contact customer support: http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask

Good luck.

[Post New]by Ezpleazing on Apr 30, 09 6:54 AM
I had the same thing happen to me when I downloaded Samantha Smith and the Golden touch. Could someone help me get my Big Fish Client back

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 30, 09 7:35 AM
Welcome to the pond! I strongly encourage you to ask BFG customer support for help. They are fantastic! Just click the green envelope on the right side of this page.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Apr 30, 09 7:39 AM
Just love this game so far not one glitch in downloading or playing and want to say the walkthrough is fantastic. but lordk is right go to support and send them your DX Diag and they tell you where and what to do they are super.

Retiredmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Retiredmom on Apr 30, 09 11:50 AM
I have tried to contact the help center, but it would not let me send out my message.I get to the bottom of the page where it says Check Answers and that is as far as it will let me go.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Apr 30, 09 11:53 AM
Hi mom did you try the Live chat line for them.

Retiredmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Retiredmom on Apr 30, 09 12:06 PM
I just tried the live chat, but only get a blue screen with the big fish logo on it. This is really frustrating. This program really messed up a lot of things on my computer. I was not even able to get to my browser MSN, but have now worked that out. I really appreciate your help. I guess I will have to try to contact them on my laptop.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Apr 30, 09 12:17 PM
Retiredmom wrote:I just tried the live chat, but only get a blue screen with the big fish logo on it. This is really frustrating. This program really messed up a lot of things on my computer. I was not even able to get to my browser MSN, but have now worked that out. I really appreciate your help. I guess I will have to try to contact them on my laptop.

I have lost my Game Manager and all my games, I have just a pale blue square.

Thank goodness, I´d got my FF before it went.

I have notified CS.

LinLyn
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by LinLyn on Apr 30, 09 3:38 PM
Oh nuts! I loved the first Samantha Smith game and was all ready to download the new one when I decided to check out the forum first to see how others were liking it. Now I am afraid to download it because I don't want to lose all my many big fish games. I guess I'll wait to see if they resolve this problem.

Retiredmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Retiredmom on May 2, 09 8:45 AM
I finally got the rest of my computer working. I received a coupon for this game however I still cannot download anything from BFG. I was able to download this game from Shockwave and got the same application error message about the script engine.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 2, 09 5:07 PM
I have to turn off my firewall before I can download BFG games. It's the only game site that I have to do that for, which is fine with me. It's probably something to do with the Game Manager.

Live chat is only M-F during certain hours, something like 8am to 4:30 p.m. Pacific time.

[Post New]by jalyma on May 2, 09 5:59 PM
It happened to me. I had to uninstall but that didn't help. So I did a system recovery to previous to the download of the game and that fixed my system. This game does not seem playable on Vista.

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on May 2, 09 6:09 PM
I didnt have any trouble downloading or playing this game on my vista. I was VERY pleasantly surprised.

Lil_Red
Stingray
Stingray
5,319 Posts

[Post New]by Lil_Red on May 2, 09 8:56 PM
arrington1 wrote:I didnt have any trouble downloading or playing this game on my vista. I was VERY pleasantly surprised.

Happy to hear that arrington. Vista does cause a few problems for games. Glad you aren't having any.

Happy gaming.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on May 2, 09 9:55 PM
Retiredmom wrote:I finally got the rest of my computer working. I received a coupon for this game however I still cannot download anything from BFG. I was able to download this game from Shockwave and got the same application error message about the script engine.

Did you email customer support?, I did and I had the same message and problem as you, and they sorted it out, everything works lovely now, and no problems, and all the games that would not work, now work.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 2, 09 10:05 PM
I'm with Anniejo -- customer service is awesome. I had the game lock up halfway (or so) through, and Christine from CS saved me. The game is worth going to a little trouble for. Very nice, but not so hard as to be utterly frustrating like some are for me.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on May 2, 09 10:10 PM
Hi Lisa, it was Christine who sorted my problem too, I started a thread , 3 cheers for Christine as I was so pleased.

queets
Manatee
Manatee
3,701 Posts

[Post New]by queets on May 3, 09 3:33 AM
Running Vista without a problem am half way thr Samantha Swift without a hitch..

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on May 3, 09 5:20 AM
I was unable to play also from BF,and had a live chat and hoped all was fixed,but it would never work,however it would work from yhe playfirst site,so I bought it from there it was my first (and last) time though,a real hassel,nothing like here at all.

On the live chat I asked why the game would play from a diffrent site and he told me that the game's are formated diffrently for diffrent site's,hope this help's.

Go to: