bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 29, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch forum

[Post New]by cathadhaka on Apr 30, 09 4:53 AM
Hello,

I just played the one hour trial version. I liked the game, but I find something annoying... the way the character (Samantha?) on the lower right hand of the screen keeps sending messages like "that would be good for the museum", etc. Is there a way to get rid of those?

CV

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 30, 09 5:27 AM
cathadhaka wrote:Hello,

I just played the one hour trial version. I liked the game, but I find something annoying... the way the character (Samantha?) on the lower right hand of the screen keeps sending messages like "that would be good for the museum", etc. Is there a way to get rid of those?

CV

Hi there, as far as I know there is no way to turn off Samantha. I wish I had better news for you. I hope you enjoy the rest of the game, It is a good one
Margie B

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Apr 30, 09 9:28 AM
I have to agree the message about the museum is annoying, hopefully the developers will keep that in mind for the next episode. I really liked this game and the The roses of Athena, they are up there in my favorites. So other than that one detail, 2 fins up.

[Post New]by rocketsauce on Apr 30, 09 9:55 AM
I kind of like when she tells me that a particular item made it into the museum. It helps me know when I'm acquiring items to help build my museum and fill it to capacity.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Apr 30, 09 10:21 AM
I am stuck now, finished the first location, onto the second collected all the items, and it says move to next room, and no way can I get out no walkthrough, cannot remember where the second location is maybe India?

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Apr 30, 09 11:03 AM
sure you probably have figured it out mommypops...but move you mouse pointer around the outside of the screen (Don't forget to check the bottom of the screen) and it will change to a little person and you'll be able to move on.....sometimes it's also displayed by an area that is "very bright"....it varies throughout the game

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Apr 30, 09 11:15 AM
well, i uninstalled the free trial version. i was able to play for about 45 minutes before i had to leave and when i came back to finish the hour, it went right back to the beginning. i remember this happening in another game. if it won't let you start where you left off then i am not going to waste my time and money. also, the mini-game where you had to put the pieces of the mural or whatever, it would not let me turn them or do anything else. i had to "solve" it and move on.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Apr 30, 09 11:36 AM
loved the game was very good,can,t wait for the next one.it was a very long game
well worth the money.i played all night until it was done.can,t wait for her next adventure.

[Post New]by Emmettkelly on Apr 30, 09 11:47 AM
I love Samantha Swift but.......In the museum I have five tools and Samantha keeps telling that's not the right tool. The blue word left is "Crank" Any help will be appreciated. Emmettkelly

[Post New]by holycowharry on Apr 30, 09 2:38 PM
Emmettkelly wrote:I love Samantha Swift but.......In the museum I have five tools and Samantha keeps telling that's not the right tool. The blue word left is "Crank" Any help will be appreciated. Emmettkelly

Crank – Place the pry bar on the steps in the lower right side of the scene. The crank will automatically come out of the steps. Click on it once it lands on top of the steps.

708jud
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 708jud on Apr 30, 09 4:42 PM
Hi, can't anyone help me I am stuck. I am trying to find the right tool to get the Crystal Vial. Tryed all the tools I have.
Thanks

[Post New]by holycowharry on Apr 30, 09 6:22 PM
708jud wrote:Hi, can't anyone help me I am stuck. I am trying to find the right tool to get the Crystal Vial. Tryed all the tools I have.
Thanks

Crystal Vial – Use the pick axe on the cylinder that is on the ground, close to the statue on the left side. Pick up the vial that appears inside of it.

[Post New]by casey41 on Apr 30, 09 6:31 PM
Am having trouble in the mine. I have three keys, aa pick and th swisher. But no where I try will it let me use tools. Can u help?

[Post New]by holycowharry on Apr 30, 09 7:23 PM
casey41 wrote:Am having trouble in the mine. I have three keys, aa pick and th swisher. But no where I try will it let me use tools. Can u help?

There's an excellent walkthrough in the BFG blog...check: www.bigfishgames.com/blog

[Post New]by BellaIzzie on Apr 30, 09 7:28 PM
Is anyone else having trouble later in the game...where you have to find the parrot? It's actually a pirate skull (hint points it out) sitting on the shoulder of a skeleton leaning on the piano, but no matter where I click on or around the parrot it will not take it...any suggestions?

Menu7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Menu7 on May 1, 09 12:24 PM
I like this game but it seems to be stuck on the card game. I was able to get 2 keys but the deck will not re-shuffle so I can play again to get the last key. Nothing happens when I click on the deck or when I click on the last card on the board. When I click on Samantha, she just tells me what I already know... to click on the card to re-set the deck, but nothing happens!! I hope this is not a glitch because I REALLY like this game. Did anyone else have this trouble?

[Post New]by flutterbyz24 on May 1, 09 2:31 PM
BellaIzzie wrote:Is anyone else having trouble later in the game...where you have to find the parrot? It's actually a pirate skull (hint points it out) sitting on the shoulder of a skeleton leaning on the piano, but no matter where I click on or around the parrot it will not take it...any suggestions?

I've got the same problem. I've clicked on so many parts of the parrot - and nothing!

[Post New]by flutterbyz24 on May 1, 09 2:34 PM
flutterbyz24 wrote:
BellaIzzie wrote:Is anyone else having trouble later in the game...where you have to find the parrot? It's actually a pirate skull (hint points it out) sitting on the shoulder of a skeleton leaning on the piano, but no matter where I click on or around the parrot it will not take it...any suggestions?

I've got the same problem. I've clicked on so many parts of the parrot - and nothing!

I decided to go back in and try again. This time it worked without a problem. I've had a bit of trouble clicking on items and them not responding at first. Don't know if it will continue or not.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Welcome to Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch forum

[Post New]by Nilosh on May 1, 09 3:13 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Hi,

I actually liked the Rose of Athena so I purchased the game. However I have problems with it. I played the game and right in the beginning, the game froze so I restarted the game. Now I have on the journy to find music and again my game froze inside the room where I have to place the paintings on the wall. I keep getting "script error". I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and its stuck on the same place. I cant move on. All the paintings are on the mural but the game does not move. I really dont want to start all over. Any suggestions? Would really appreaciate. Thank you

Go to: