bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 25, 14 1:13 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Dec 25, 14 2:38 AM
good game but for me,it does not keep identity! to make short: no saves! so ,if i want to play,i 'll play without any pause,and no possibility to play the bonus level! so....no buy for me it is the second game from eipix which have for me this issue!

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sollys on Dec 25, 14 7:15 AM

Edited on 12/26/2014 at 11:23:33 AM PST

medview2
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by medview2 on Dec 25, 14 7:24 AM
I got what she said - she said the game doesn't save; therefore she has to play without stopping or start over each time

[Post New]by shelterhill on Dec 25, 14 8:01 AM

Not everyone here is American or good in English, I perfectly understood what her problem was/is

Edited on 12/26/2014 at 11:24:12 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Dec 25, 14 9:48 AM
problem is not to have playing straight forward,but that it is impossible to access the bonus level! so,not a CE for me! and not even a SE ! i play on windows 7 and it is the second time i have this issue with an eipix game

Edited on 12/25/2014 at 9:50:37 AM PST

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Dec 25, 14 12:13 PM
I have had this kind of problem with other games - that it will not create a save file.

Sometimes it has to do with permissions - then I have to run the game as administrator. This will not be possible with a demo.

But most usually it has to do with the App.data path. Meaning that part of the app.data path has a name that contains a non-standard English character.
For me, because the "my computer" name is in fact my first name, that contains a non-English character. I have since changed it, of course, but sometimes games use the old app.data path.

Most developers code their games to allow any letter in the save file, but some developers sometimes miss out on a letter or two, or language or two, lol.

So: if you have a file name with a non-English letter in the app.data path (where save files are usually created), you could test if this is the problem by creating another computer profile (or if there are other user profiles on your computer with only standard English characters), log in on the computer to that profile and use it to start the game.
If it does create a save file, then that's it. Unfortunately, that means you have to play the game with that user profile.

Very rarely, a game will automatically try to create a player profile based on the name (on the credit card) used to purchase the game. If that first name has a non-English character, the same problem applies, and I have found no way around it.

[Post New]by takuyuri on Dec 25, 14 12:19 PM
I can't try downloading.
Not go to Game Manager window come up and downloading..........

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Dec 25, 14 3:47 PM
takuyuri wrote:I can't try downloading.

This a "Tomorrow's Game Today" i.e. available for Game Club members only today & public release tomorrow.

If it's your Game Manager app not working; I suggest you first turn it off, restart your computer & than turn on your Game Manager. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling & than re-installing the Game Manager. If you click on the 'Help' link on the top bar near 'Community' there is a link that gives step by step instruction to reinstalling Game Manager in Customer Support. I hope this helps.

Kam

GimmeAHint
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by GimmeAHint on Dec 25, 14 9:11 PM
I have been trying to download the demo for three hours now and it's only at 50%. I have noticed that games that typically took just a few minutes to download are taking upwards of an hour. I have the latest version of the BFG app and the help article says to open the advanced option in the app, but mine doesn't have it. I'm playing on a Mac if that makes a difference and I have plenty of room for the game. I really want to play this game, so what can I do to make it download faster?

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Dec 25, 14 9:46 PM
Kamana_29 wrote:
takuyuri wrote:I can't try downloading.

This a "Tomorrow's Game Today" i.e. available for Game Club members only today & public release tomorrow.

If it's your Game Manager app not working; I suggest you first turn it off, restart your computer & than turn on your Game Manager. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling & than re-installing the Game Manager. If you click on the 'Help' link on the top bar near 'Community' there is a link that gives step by step instruction to reinstalling Game Manager in Customer Support. I hope this helps.

Kam

I'm not a Game Club member and I got this game today. ,so it must be the game manager

Edited on 12/25/2014 at 9:47:43 PM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 25, 14 11:23 PM
... Ok, I'm a little confused here... Could someone please explain to me how non Game Club members have access to the TGT? The following excerpt is from Big Fish Game Club Terms of Service and the second line of paragraph 2 - MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS AND PAYMENT:

"early access to games not otherwise available to customers"

And this one is from the topic Big Fish Game Club - Why choose Big Fish Game Club? on the help pages:

"Tomorrow's Game Today!® – Play all of our new games a day before everyone else"

So, what am I missing here? Could I have an answer, please?

I hope everyone had a great Christmas Day!

Edited on 12/25/2014 at 11:29:33 PM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Dec 26, 14 1:28 AM
thanks,BlueStarFish for explanations ! this is what happened 2 years ago,and i erased the computer name which was wrong, and gave one without any non-standard english character ;and as the bad one has disapeared from my computer, i can't do anything more to make this game work! thanks for trying to help!

[Post New]by cliknaroun on Dec 26, 14 9:56 AM
game did not allow me to collect the glass shard from the hop so am stuck.

VLewis138
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by VLewis138 on Dec 26, 14 11:15 AM
Cant get lecture hall HOP to come up. Opened the green curtains. Have several inventory items, brush, bear figure, charm bracelet, 1//2 caduceus, partial plaque, flint. Can't seem to get anything to work. help please

[Post New]by Sabby707 on Dec 27, 14 12:06 PM
Can't get the wheel in Helen's room. I try to zoom in to use the oil can and it won't let me. When I click on "hint" it tells me that there are no more issues in the room. When I read the guide, it tells me that I need the wheel to move forward.

Is there a fix for this?

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Dec 27, 14 12:30 PM
My Birds have disappeared!!!! Has anyone else had this problem?

[Post New]by senemut on Dec 28, 14 8:05 AM
In the Bonus Game I didn't get the statue from the box with the harp on the lid and now I can't go anywhere. Anyone else have this problem?

catmac1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by catmac1 on Dec 28, 14 8:46 AM
got to Bonus Chapter..it would not let me grab the cupid in order to place on the stand..soo could not retrieve the chemistry book...stopped progress..
any ideas?

[Post New]by originalannee on Dec 28, 14 10:23 AM
Trying to unlock the the desk lock and nothing works. I know the combination but how to make the dial or the numbers move?

Go to: