TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

What Did You Think?

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Apr 30, 09 8:52 AM
I just bought this game this morning because I needed one more to have my 20.

Is this a good game?

Teresa

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

Re:What Did You Think?

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 30, 09 8:54 AM
I was entertained by it. It is maybe a bit overlong for some tastes, but it offers a twist on HO in that sometimes you have to find objects from their shadows instead of a list of words. Then there's using your mouse to draw, but the game is usually pretty forgiving about it. It's nice and relaxing.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 8, 09 2:45 PM
Hi, Teresa, I also bought this game today and have already finished it. It is entertaining, as Kishimojun said. It helps one to pass the time nicely. Hope you like it.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

What Did You Think?

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Aug 8, 09 2:50 PM
Is there a contest that I'm not aware of? I keep hearing about contests. Is there somewhere to go to find out about them?

Hi, it was a summer promotion but it is over now. You needed five games to get a Felix keychain.

ktk514
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ktk514 on Aug 9, 09 8:27 AM
I'm just now playing it after trying it for a few min. last night so I could decide if I wanted to buy it. Afterall, it cost $2.99! HeeHee. Anyway, I really like it. You have to concentrate pretty hard, but not TOO hard for my Pea brain. I'm now forcing myself to take a break from it so I can rest my eyes. Maybe doing it right after coffee isn't the best idea either. :- )

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Aug 10, 09 8:57 AM
Fairly straightforward HOG, but finding objects from their silhouettes is different. Unlimited hints , but they take time to charge. No untimed option , but the time allowed is plenty.

I didn't struggle until the very end. I just could not find the right 'hole' for one of the runes. Managed it eventually.

[Post New]by miss_sparklz on Aug 11, 09 2:52 AM
I quite enjoyed this game. It wasn't too difficult and I liked the variety with the silhouettes, as well as standard hidden objects. The drawings after each level were fun. I would have been painful if it had needed to be too accurate. Overall quite impressed.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

What Did You Think?

[Post New]by lexi4 on Aug 14, 09 10:12 AM
TeresaRollen wrote:I just bought this game this morning because I needed one more to have my 20.

Is this a good game?

Teresa

No. It isn't even very creative. I thought it was boring and repetitive.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Jun 4, 10 2:08 AM
Yesterday I tried out this game because i want to find a game for my Game Credit. After having played 35 minutes of the Demo i think it is a reasonably good game, but not good enough to spend a Game Credit on. I will buy it if it is a Daily deal or Catch of the Week.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Aug 2, 10 10:05 PM
I guess I'll be the odd one out. The HOG scenes were blurry/grainy, and (at times) it almost impossible to distinguish one thing from another. And since this is pretty much a straight HOG game and there were plenty of search scenes ........ This one was a no deal for me - not even at $2.99.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Sep 12, 10 5:57 PM
Awww.....this was the very 1st HOG I ever played & I thought it was soooo hard back then! It is, kinda, b/c the scenes are very monochromatic & it makes hunting for HOs that much more difficult. And they didn't throw in giant safety pins, everything fit properly & was theme-appropriate. It was a nice little HOG & still is even tho it's from back in the day when HOGs were new.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 29, 11 1:32 AM
If you like straight HOGs, it's fine. It implies puzzles too, of which there are few. Unless you count tracing out a rune with one mouse click to be a puzzle. I hated it.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jan 26, 12 1:39 PM
boo big fish i did not enjoy this game the sound effects were annoying the hidden object sceens too busy. i did like the mini games however untie the strings and tower of hanoi
just wondering did anyone manage to finish the game

possible spoiler

i put all the symbols in the wall then went down the brown worm hole and the game seemed to just start again with no explination.

i could have very well missed something cos i didn't read any of the cartoon cut scenes. if any kind fishy want to tell me what is going on id love to know tks in adv kind regards audrey xo

Go to: