Samantha Swift and the Golden Tourch -

[Post New]by Darmar555 on May 1, 09 3:47 PM
When Samantha says - she cannot carry any more - to use some of the tools How do you get rid of them? I am at the dock - and did not pick up the axe before the other items. There is nothing I can get rid of without using the axe to chop the trees to build the raft etc., Now realize I should have got the axe first, but do I have to start the game over completely? Are there no "go backs"? LOL!
Thank you

Re:Samantha Swift and the Golden Tourch -

[Post New]by newlife2 on May 1, 09 4:22 PM
I am at that point also and I tried to start the game over but it won't let me. I even unstalled and reinstalled it and that didn't help either. When you find out what to do let me know too!!!

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 1, 09 4:55 PM
Are you sure you don't have items you can use in another room? Because you hold the raft building items for a bit before you use them, so just those objects don't fill your inventory.

If you have to start the game over again, choose a new name. You'll be able to start from the beginning.

Edited on 05/01/2009 at 4:57:18 PM PST

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 1, 09 5:05 PM
I just read another post about the same problem where the person listed their inventory items. I'm guessing you used the walkthrough. If so, you skipped ahead a step. Playing the game correctly (when you don't know that you're going back to the previous room to collect more items), you're supposed to find all of the basic items to build the boat, including the logs, BEFORE you go back into the previous room to get the metal plaque and other items. I don't think there's anything you can do now other than start the game over.

[Post New]by Darmar555 on May 1, 09 8:47 PM
Thank you for the insight - I believe you are correct I probably jumped the gun
The other Samantha Swift game, while very enjoyable, did take more thought than some of these hidden object games. I did notice that the arrow has to be exactly on the area to light up also, I will begin again - (Then probably again and again)

Go to: