catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Gardens Inc 3: A Bridal Pursuit here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 27, 14 12:54 AM
(I'm back! WOOOOOOO!)

A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 12/27/2014 at 5:03:52 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Gardens Inc 3: A Bridal Pursuit here!

[Post New]by Janette5 on Dec 27, 14 2:22 AM
If you've played Gardens Inc 2, this game is very much the same. So if you enjoyed that one you'll enjoy this one too. It also has an interesting story.

For those not familiar with the Gardens Inc series, this is a game where you build a garden by clearing paths, building fountains and planting flowers etc. It looks and appears similar to the other building type games, however, this one has a lot going on.

You are given certain goals to meet on every level. In addition you are given a bonus challenge in the form of a cryptic clue about the colours of the flowers. On the side are additional bonuses you may use during the game, to speed up the workers, or the production or to get extra resources. You also have switch-able shacks and hidden treasure. All of these are choices you have to make rather than just clicking.

In order to get gold time and meet the additional challenge you have to use a lot of strategy. You have to decide what to do first, which path to take, what to upgrade, what resources you need etc. Make the wrong decision and you won't get gold. Make the right decision and the game will seem "easy" for that level.

This is a really fun and challenging game. You are never bored waiting for tasks to complete during the game as there is so much going on and you constantly have to look for the next thing to complete. As far as I've played the layout of the game is also very well done with a lot of different paths and this keeps the game interesting.

I highly recommend this game.

As for the collector's edition, since there is such a special on today (thanks BF!) it's probably worth it.

[Edit: I have windows 8.1 and I had no technical problems playing the demo of this game.]

Edited on 12/27/2014 at 2:24:19 AM PST

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Dec 27, 14 3:46 AM
Just finished the demo, but I knew I was going to buy it when I saw the title-I have the other games in this series and absolutely luv them-This game has little extras that I don't remember being in the others like making supplies generate quicker, workers run or work faster-As previously said, there are several paths to take to accomplish the goals for each level-If you choose in the wrong order, you will have trouble getting gold-An example (I don't think this is a spoiler); I needed wood to complete a path, but couldn't find any-I looked around and saw the lumber shack on a different path that I couldn't go down now bcz I had used all my resources on the path I was on-Had I chosen the other path first, I wouldn't be stuck now-I hope this makes sense as I don't usually write reviews-Bottom line is I am so happy to have this engrossing, fun game to play today-I hope you give it a try and that you will enjoy it as much as I do

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Dec 27, 14 4:58 AM
I love the series, and I have beta tested this one on November, and I found it excellent!
I think it has something more and better than the previous ones! I am so glad that is finally out to play as C E, a sure get for me!! Best wishes for the New Year to all!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 27, 14 5:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Gardens Inc. 3: A Bridal Pursuit Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Gardens Inc. 3: A Bridal Pursuit Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 27, 14 6:02 AM
I've been waiting for this game to be released since beta testing it! Didn't realise it would be a CE but with the sale it's little more than the cost of the SE.

I have the other 2 in the series so this was an instant buy. It's much the same as the others; building sheds to provide tools/wood/seeds etc. and planting flowers in a specific display (which you have to work out from the clue provided). The money you earn goes toward building a venue for Jill and Mike's wedding. I seem to remember in the beta that Agent Styles is back, as well as Angie, their assistant and another couple who are in competition with Gardens Inc.

The usual power-ups are included; fast work, fast running and probably the sheds producing resources faster, although I hadn't got far enough in the game for that. There is also a '+1' to collected resources which wasn't in the previous games. The hidden chests are back, as are the switch-able sheds. But the biggest change to the game is the inclusion of a strategy guide, which is accessed by a ? at the top left of the screen. And there are bonus levels

More challenging than the previous games; I've already had to replay a couple of levels to get gold and I've only got to level 8 so far!! Right up my street, this will get replayed until I get gold on every level. Love it

ETA: I had no problems downloading or playing this game. Win7 64bit desktop.

Edited on 12/27/2014 at 6:04:56 AM PST

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Dec 27, 14 6:54 AM
I also beta tested this game. I was wondering why they sent it to me to beta test when I don't play this type of game. I finished the test and found that I actually liked the game after I learned how to play it. I bought it as soon as I saw it. If you don't usually play this type of game try it, you might like it.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Dec 27, 14 8:11 AM
I have been waiting for this game ever since I played the demo. I loved the first two in the series and this one doesn't disappoint. Now with the release of this game and the earlier release of Delicious - Emily's New Beginning, Big Fish has made me one happy customer. Two unexpected treats for Christmas! I sure hope BF keeps up the TM love throughout 2015.

cocky2
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by cocky2 on Dec 27, 14 9:40 AM

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 2:45:21 PM PST

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Dec 27, 14 2:01 PM
I got to play the beta, too. I played a similar game years ago and didn't care for it, but I played the beta and found myself caught up in the fun. I'm glad the game is now out to find out what happens. I'd recommend people give it a try even if, like me, they go more towards HOS and adventure. Warning: It's addictive.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Dec 27, 14 2:24 PM
I also did the Beta test - and discovered this series. Extremely addictive!!! Is it worth getting the CE though? What extras are included?

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 27, 14 7:31 PM

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 2:45:59 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 28, 14 1:29 AM

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 2:46:23 PM PST

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Dec 28, 14 1:58 AM

Edited on 01/06/2015 at 2:40:37 PM PST

[Post New]by Hannibelle on Dec 28, 14 7:40 AM
I played the previous two Gardens Inc. and loved them and love this new one even more! They just keep getting better! Very challenging but so much fun! Strategy guide included to complete the level. I highly recommend this game!

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Dec 28, 14 8:43 PM
Omgosh! SOOOooOoo happy to see this game today! First off it was a delight to play the trial and I bought it right away. This game is lots of fun and full of challenge. It's a great addition to the franchise and the quality of the graphics, sounds, and game-play is excellent. I haven't finished it yet so I'm unsure if it's worth the collector's price just for ten more levels HOWEVER I got it on a holiday sale for a little less and I'm willing to pay a bit more IF it will encourage Big Fish to get more quality TM games back into their line up instead of the same old dreary horror HoG's. I've had enough possessed children and dead/missing fiances to last me a lifetime! Thanx to everyone who brought us Garden's Inc 3, I am in love! If you're not sure about the price for value I would suggest at least definitely picking up the regular edition when it comes out, this really is a super fun game!

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 8:43:26 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 29, 14 4:18 PM
Hi all. Well, this usually isn't my cup of tea, but not much to choose from this week, so gave it a shot. I'm actually enjoying this game. It is fun, different, fast paced and you are constantly on the move. This is a great hand/eye coordination game, even for us old folks. Want to keep your mind moving and have fun? Then just play this game. The music got annoying very quickly, but I just turned it way down. Definitely buying this one.

Short, sweat and to the point on this review. As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Give it a try, you may be as surprised as I was. Thanks for the reviews.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 31, 14 12:53 AM
O! My! it is almost 1 am on the early wee hour of the last day of this year! Just finished Gardens Inc 3 as have played non-stop since I purchased it

Did not go for the gold (which I normally don't) just enjoyed playing this third installment and now can kick back, to do some replaying. I have been anxiously waiting since I was sent the beta test last month.

Cannot access the last chapter unless you get gold as it is supposed to be the hardest (it states on the level info), so sad as I really wanted to finish up with the wedding part.

I have both GI1 & GI2...the first one I have replayed many times but the second one never completed. One level with all the villains tearing up the garden was much too frustrating so its left in my history file. This one I was hoping was done much better and I was not disappointed.

Loved the story line, music was not annoying and graphics were much better. The one part that was noted is at least on this is that you made more money and could do the house up for the wedding a lot faster then either GI1 or GI2.

I have always had a problem with the 'flower clue' in every game but since this is a CE I found a 'hint' here in a 'tips' thread that you can go to the left corner where the " ? " and click on it. You can see how the flowers could be arranged to get the ribbon, it is quite difficult to read as would need a magnifying glass for sure as has bad resolution for such a teeny tiny area shot of the chapter you are working on. Although my view of this was not as clear as I hoped it would there was some I chose the color I thought it was and that did not work but that can be replayed again.

Have Win 8.1 64bit HP laptop and no tech issues.

Dev's did a much better job with this third game, Kudos!

Lets...

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 3, 15 5:19 AM
Not a dude but I wanted to mention to anyone concerned, that I very much dislike "girly" games, and as a result, I had always avoided this series.
Well the other day I gave this a try because apparently nobody is making TM games any more .... or at least they're not making their way here to Big Fish... so I tried this out & I really like it!

I just had always figured that the theme of gardens would be like one big tea party or something LOL but this game is very, very playable. To say the least.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jan 5, 15 10:36 AM
Didn't care for it.

Go to: