nypitterpat
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Panning for gold

[Post New]by nypitterpat on May 1, 09 5:35 PM
I would like to know how long it takes before you get the gold dust. I have had to hold the mouse for over 5 minutes and still nothing happens. Could anyone tell me how long I have to wait. Thanks very much.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

Re:Panning for gold

[Post New]by kishimojun on May 1, 09 5:36 PM
Not long at all. You hold the left button down and then shimmy quick side to side. The pan will eventually catch up with you.

[Post New]by Gramma2Twins on May 3, 09 2:02 PM
I am having the same problem about not being able to get the gold dust. I have held the left mouse button down & waited and waited and waited. Still nothing. Any other suggestions?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 3, 09 3:31 PM
Other players who have had various problems with the game have indicated that it helps to exit the game and then go back into it.

[Post New]by mysteafied on May 3, 09 7:50 PM
I am having the same problem. I have gone in/out 6 times and still NOTHING. I even started the game over and had no problems until I got to pan for gold. I am thinking it would be easier to pull it off my computer than continuing to pull out my hair. HELP!

[Post New]by leone22 on May 7, 09 1:18 PM
Has anyone figured out how to get out of the panning for gold? I have tried numerous times - getting in and out of the game and still stuck.

[Post New]by leone22 on May 7, 09 1:22 PM
I found the answer - it just takes a lot of movement right and left with the mouse and finally the pan will start to move very fast. Move very quickly at first.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 16, 09 10:53 AM
Gramma2Twins wrote:I am having the same problem about not being able to get the gold dust. I have held the left mouse button down & waited and waited and waited. Still nothing. Any other suggestions?
If you just wait, you will be there forever. You have to shake the pan vigorously from side to side. You do that by quickly sweeping the mouse from right to left with the button held down.

[Post New]by enwhit on Jun 7, 09 8:29 PM
How long do you have to hold down the button and move the mouse side to side? I've been moving the cursor back and forth for over 3 minutes and the pan moves side to side, but the movement never seems to get faster.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 13, 10 11:45 PM
I too was stuck panning for gold, but, combined two of the suggestions and was done in no time.I first closed the game completely and re-opened it, then I just held the mouse button down and moved it back and forth rapidly across the whole pan and sure enough the pan did "catch up" and cleared to the gold dust. I repeated the whole process.Closed the game completely repeated the rapid wide movements and there was the golden branch. I couldn't have been happier if I had discovered real gold at that point. Don't give up!

[Post New]by daba555 on Dec 19, 10 8:10 PM
I was hoping for a better solution.

I did go out and back in, and it worked as far as getting the gold dust, but no matter how many times I go out and back in, reboot the computer, whatever, I can't get the golden branch.

This is my second SS game, and I thought I'd get them all, but this is really ticking me off and I don't think I'll be buying more if this is the kind of junk I have to go through.

My hand is killing me!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 22, 10 5:36 PM
Just move your hand back and forth left to right horizontally and it sifts through in less than a minute as you would make a swinging motion using a sifter, was really fun, not any glitch here.

Mipso
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Mipso on Jul 29, 11 4:55 AM
daba555 wrote:I was hoping for a better solution.

I did go out and back in, and it worked as far as getting the gold dust, but no matter how many times I go out and back in, reboot the computer, whatever, I can't get the golden branch.

This is my second SS game, and I thought I'd get them all, but this is really ticking me off and I don't think I'll be buying more if this is the kind of junk I have to go through.

My hand is killing me!

Me too, my hand just fell off after trying to get the damn gold for almost an hour.
why anyone wants to turn at perfectly good puzzle game into an action game, is beyond me. No more Samantha swift for me

Edited on 07/29/2011 at 5:09:37 AM PST

[Post New]by hurcules on Feb 27, 13 10:51 PM
I discovered if I use hint button it will shake the pan vigirously for you. Hope this works for you. I am stuck in another place in game and it will not work no matter what I do. some one needs to fix this game as thre is alot of complaints.

Go to: